Florida Gathering

The new course has a putting green as well as a separate chipping green with bunker, but no range.
Grand Cypress has two full ranges, one public and one private. You are limited to the public side without a member present.
However at this time of year, you should be able to find open spots with no issues at all.

Nice, JB. Thanks for the info.

I hate to do this to you guys (especially Tadashi) but I am going to have to pull out because of a hip injury that happened last night. I've been hoping the pain would start to go away over the course of the day, but swinging earlier was pretty painful and it sure doesn't seem to be getting much better. I'm sure you guys will have a great time and hopefully I will be able to make it out to the next one.

Health is more important than playing golf, take care of that hip MP. We will hook up at some point.

As for the rest of you. We are a week away and I can't wait for you guys to see the course. Our good friend TroutBum had to drop out as well to tend to some things. He has intrusted me with something you all will receive at the outing. Above and beyond this guy, above and beyond. Teams will be listed tomorrow or Monday.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Health is more important than playing golf, take care of that hip MP. We will hook up at some point.

As for the rest of you. We are a week away and I can't wait for you guys to see the course. Our good friend TroutBum had to drop out as well to tend to some things. He has intrusted me with something you all will receive at the outing. Above and beyond this guy, above and beyond. Teams will be listed tomorrow or Monday.

Can't wait either - very excited!

Can't wait either. Anxious to see the course and meet new THPers.

Remember if you're making teams...I suck at golf.

Monday Bump: I've heard from everyone that is coming and a few never responded. So the show must go on.
The Gathering will be held at Grand Cypress Golf Resort this Saturday at 9am. We have tee times at 9,910 and 920 on The New Course. The teams are as follows: Team1 Nickpergande , Chedster, DDelise, Idrops. Team2: wakerider, calebt, fairways2greens, sirslice Team3: Spank, tadashi, Waine (my dad)

We are one short due to personal happenings. I'm hoping to fill the last spot by Saturday.

The game will be a fourball. We will count the two lowest scores from each team on the front and the three lowest on the back. This will keep everyone in the game. The winning team will get to brag until we do it again. We will have a longest drive, closet to the pin and low net based on 80% of your posted THP handicap. My dad will only be competing in team competition he is not eligible for the other prizes.

Our good friend troutbum that had to pull out late last week has sent a surprise for all of us. You will have to show to see what he has provided. Early thanks to my man, he's a good guy!!

Monday Bump: I've heard from everyone that is coming and a few never responded. So the show must go on.
The Gathering will be held at Grand Cypress Golf Resort this Saturday at 9am. We have tee times at 9,910 and 920 on The New Course. The teams are as follows: Team1 Nickpergande , Chedster, DDelise, Idrops. Team2: wakerider, calebt, fairways2greens, sirslice Team3: Spank, tadashi, Waine (my dad)

We are one short due to personal happenings. I'm hoping to fill the last spot by Saturday.

The game will be a fourball. We will count the two lowest scores from each team on the front and the three lowest on the back. This will keep everyone in the game. The winning team will get to brag until we do it again. We will have a longest drive, closet to the pin and low net based on 80% of your posted THP handicap. My dad will only be competing in team competition he is not eligible for the other prizes.

Our good friend troutbum that had to pull out late last week has sent a surprise for all of us. You will have to show to see what he has provided. Early thanks to my man, he's a good guy!!

Haha! You're all toast! Just kidding. I'll be caddying most of the day. I'm just glad the day is coming and looking forward to meeting everyone... except for that slice guy. I heard he's trouble. :D

Haha! You're all toast! Just kidding. I'll be caddying most of the day. I'm just glad the day is coming and looking forward to meeting everyone... except for that slice guy. I heard he's trouble. :D

You guys have a ton of fun and hit em good!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday. The New Course is a lot of fun! Thanks Tadashi70 for setting this up.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday. The New Course is a lot of fun! Thanks Tadashi70 for setting this up.

Are you sticking around for round #2 Chedster?

I hope you guys have a blast, wish I could be there but I have to go do some work on my house in Myrtle, maybe next time!

Wow - totally unnecessary to add any prizes, but very cool!

Thanks again for setting everything up.

Go Team #1!

And to those on Team #1, my apologies in advance. I am listed as an 8, but my last 5 rounds have been more like a 12 handicap - I'm trending the wrong way!

I have secured 3 times in the afternoon on the North/south starting 300-320. See you all saturday

Kongfrontation

You all have a great time, sounds like fun ye ol four letter word gets in the way again. WORK :(

I can't make this gathering, but look forward to the next one!

Enjoy your rounds!

Anyone interested in providing little intro/bavkground to themselves here prior to our outing?

Trouble? Me? Okay... Possibly...

Just been ready to see Spank's epic fail with the flatstick!

I'll be on the grounds at 8am. Please checkin with the proshop and let them know you are part of the Kong Group. The fee is $69 for the whole day.

Kongfrontation

Anyone interested in providing little intro/bavkground to themselves here prior to our outing?

Sure. Since we're on the same team you should know I suck at golf. Well not really. I started playing 2 1/2 years ago and am addicted. I try to play at least once per week or more. I think I'm pretty good for a novice and every so often I hit an amazing shot that tells me if I persist I can someday be really good. For example, this past weekend I holed a 40 yard pitch at Harborside in Longboat key.

I'm 54 years old and have a son in Raleigh and a daughter in New York. I reside in Maitland with my wife and my rescued greyhound avatar, Tango.

Trouble? Me? Okay... Possibly...

Just been ready to see Spank's epic fail with the flatstick!

Epic doesn't even describe it. I might have to OEM a ghost spider pre event just to bring me back to "not embarrassing" status.

Epic doesn't even describe it. I might have to OEM a ghost spider pre event just to bring me back to "not embarrassing" status.

Lol, I thought playing with you was pretty epic, gotta watch out for Spank though he's sneaky good.

Maybe fairway2green will show up and you guys can get a Nike pro combo update from him. :alien:

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Back