Florida - Orlando Area 1/28/20 Golf

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all my Florida peeps!!! I will be down in the Orlando area from 1/28 - 1/31 at the Gaylord for a kickoff sales meeting. A few colleagues of mine want to get a round of golf in & am reaching out to all of you for suggestions.

So let’s hear it, where would you golf in the Orlando area? Note we won’t be able to travel a far distance, ie Hammock Beach.

Waldorf Astoria in that area.
Reunion as an alternative.

I’ve heard great things about Waldorf.

for LITA we played at Orange Oubre National, right @JB

I’ve heard great things about Waldorf.

for LITA we played at Orange Oubre National, right @JB

One year at Orange County National and one year at Waldorf.

Oh oh so you rank Reunion higher than Waldorf?

@JB thats right first year was at OCN.
Never played the Waldorf. I just loved the Palmer (and the Watson was solid too for that matter). Nicklaus was soft.

Waldorf Astoria in that area.
Reunion as an alternative.
I was also going to say Waldorf Astoria. And we stayed at the Gaylord too for that so it's not too far.

shingle creek is fun

reunion is great.

i'm also a fan of championsgate.

waldorf is fine, just not my favorite. very pretty, always in good shape.

the ritz is really nice as well.

falcon's fire is usually in decent shape. eagle creek is fun if you catch it in good conditions.

just be prepared to pay higher rates this time of year.

I'll 2nd Waldorf....there are concierge services that will pick you up, take, pick up provide rentals drop off...I snuck out of a morning of meetings this way....Ha

Man you guys rock and have provided many options now has us throwing names in to a hat. Wish I had time to sneak out with you fellas, but know I’ll be back to the area a few short weeks later for another conference.

Then a permanent Florida resident in May!

Waldorf is massively convenient given where you're staying
Shingle Creek is nice, course should be in pretty good shape
Not sure if Grand Cypress is open for play right now but if it is, you should look into that too.

Waldorf will 99.99% be the most expensive one out of those three.

Interesting that the Waldorf was less expensive than Championsgate.

really? waldorf was like $250 when I looked at playing this weekend. cg must be getting full of itself.

Did you try and do 36 at CG and you're not telling us that? I'm onto you:unsure:

really? waldorf was like $250 when I looked at playing this weekend. cg must be getting full of itself.
$250 lord almighty...
Did you try and do 36 at CG and you're not telling us that? I'm onto you:unsure:
Well unless I’m looking at the wrong Waldorf which was $110 for a 1pm start vs Championsgate $118 for same start.

$250 lord almighty...

Well unless I’m looking at the wrong Waldorf which was $110 for a 1pm start vs Championsgate $118 for same start.

CG at 118 is a joke
Waldorf at 110 is a steal

Looks like all the central Florida guys got you covered. You traveling with your fancy new driver?

CG at 118 is a joke
Waldorf at 110 is a steal

I agree cg at $118 is laughable

but waldor at $110 is a good price for that time of year. I wouldn't call it a steal.

Looks like all the central Florida guys got you covered. You traveling with your fancy new driver?
It depends if this is the set I’m leaving in Florida. If I do bring it, it will be coming back with me. The LINQ shaft will double as a cane.

I agree cg at $118 is laughable

but waldor at $110 is a good price for that time of year. I wouldn't call it a steal.

it’s a steal considering you saw 250 lol

Change of plans...so now we will be looking to play up in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area.
I've played Squire @ World Golf Hall of Fame.
TPC Sawgrass is out of the question due to cost.

So what other courses would you recommend up in that area.

Back