Focus Ring on Bushnell Pro X2 Not Working. Will Bushnell Fix?

1-800-361-5702
Up until a couple of years ago, you had to send in the unit, along with a check for $15 or $25 (can't remember which) and they would assess and then fix and send back. That is a travesty if you ask me, while under warranty, but that may have gone away.

1-800-361-5702
Up until a couple of years ago, you had to send in the unit, along with a check for $15 or $25 (can't remember which) and they would assess and then fix and send back. That is a travesty if you ask me, while under warranty, but that may have gone away.
Ugh. I'll give them a call and see what they say. Thanks

I'm tempted just to take it apart myself.

Sent in my watch last year and they fixed it - didn’t charge me either.

Great service, sent additional components as well.

I would go Bushnell from that experience in the future

Well that was the easiest repair ever, despite requiring 5 different screwdrivers to disassemble

A dab of glue on the rubber ring and it's as good as new

View attachment 8975831
That rubber ring on the right wasn't gripping the focus adjustment on the eyepiece so it would just spin without doing anything. A dab of glue in two places has it working like a charm

Love it when a repair goes well!

About 10 years ago I bought one of those electronics screwdriver kits with like 40 different bits for exactly this type of stuff.

Love it when a repair goes well!

About 10 years ago I bought one of those electronics screwdriver kits with like 40 different bits for exactly this type of stuff.
I have a roll up (if that's what you call it) of about 30 Wiha Tools small head screwdrivers that I have has since I began my career. It's the one thing that I have no plans of ever getting rid of. So handy.

Do you have an instruction how to open the device? Don’t want to crack the case.
Simply remove the rubber grip (which if memory serves, is affixed with an adhesive so you'll need to glue it back on.) You'll see all of the screws you need to remove to disassemble the outer plastic shell. I can't remember if I needed to use a plastic spudger to help with any clips, but it's probably a good tool to have just in case.

Simply remove the rubber grip (which if memory serves, is affixed with an adhesive so you'll need to glue it back on.) You'll see all of the screws you need to remove to disassemble the outer plastic shell. I can't remember if I needed to use a plastic spudger to help with any clips, but it's probably a good tool to have just in case.
Thank you. It is an easy fix. The original Gorilla glue should work glueing the focus ring and the rubber around the housing.

Back