Food Delivery apps which one do you use?

Cut Golf

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday for the first time of this quarantine I decided to order out. I have never used a delivery service as I have heard horror stories and enjoy cooking most of the time but I hear people have had good experiences as well. I ended up going with Door Dash and my experience was good. App was great, food came quickly, the driver followed my instructions too. I get free delivery for 30 days even though they still charge fees it wasn't too bad. However I know there are many other food delivery apps (i.e. grubhub, postmates, etc.) do you use and what has been your experience? Just curious since I will likely be doing this again.

davis20

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Never used one as I don't live where it's available. I did grow up where pizza hut delivered so I assume it's the same basic structure! I wish we could get delivery now though instead of going to pick stuff up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The fees are just too darn high for me to get behind. We have used all of them, and Uber Eats quite a bit and love the convenience, but man the fees are high.
Then on many places, when I compare menu prices, those are different too.

RealPretendPsychic

Team THP Grandaddy 2020(1) - Trust The Process
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve used DoorDash, Grubhub, and Uber Eats. No issues with any of them although you do earn rewards points with Uber, so that’s a plus.

ToddJ027b

Morgan Cup, Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I live in a location where grubhub, uber eats, etc....don't even function. So the only app I can use is to order food directly then pick it up in the drive through!!

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
DoorDash and Mealeo have been free delivery up here. Mealeo has been our go-to but mostly because of the restaurants they work with(including my favorite Mexican place. BTW contactless delivery hopefully is something that will stick around.

davis20

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I live in a location where grubhub, uber eats, etc....don't even function. So the only app I can use is to order food directly then pick it up in the drive through!!
Same same!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The fees are just too darn high for me to get behind. We have used all of them, and Uber Eats quite a bit and love the convenience, but man the fees are high.
Then on many places, when I compare menu prices, those are different too.
I noticed the fee's after, they were about $4 and another $3 for delivery which I got for free this time. I tipped the driver well because I just didn't feel like going out. Do you know if the fees are standard or how they are based?

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
DoorDash and Mealeo have been free delivery up here. Mealeo has been our go-to but mostly because of the restaurants they work with(including my favorite Mexican place. BTW contactless delivery hopefully is something that will stick around.
I told the guy to leave it on the porch and ring the bell and he did just that. It was nice and convenient, I kind of liked it.

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6
I won't use those apps due to the charges. I support several of our local establishments by ordering over the phone and then picking it up.

ddec

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I told the guy to leave it on the porch and ring the bell and he did just that. It was nice and convenient, I kind of liked it.
less human interaction, the better. Always haha

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

ddec

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
This is what I'm talking about, I did this all on my phone using the app
I'm so into all that stuff. Even down to ordering cold cuts. I can place the order, walk into the store and they are waiting for me.

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Handicap
None of them because they are all a racket. I learned my lesson with Golf Now and other online booking sites that bilk the course ... I won't repeat that mistake with these ordering app's. I call direct and pick up myself. Most restaurants here have it down to a science now.

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
singularity is drawing nigh....
I held out for a long time but it was nice. Not something I'm going to do all the time but once in a while I can see it being convenient

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed the fee's after, they were about $4 and another $3 for delivery which I got for free this time. I tipped the driver well because I just didn't feel like going out. Do you know if the fees are standard or how they are based?
No they aren't standard and that is my issue. I have seen everything ranging from $3 to over $15 on fees and that doesn't include delivery (which there seems to always be a coupon for free). Compound that with the different menu prices, and I just can't do it anymore.

Scorpion12

Lives under a rock
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm close to a small town (single stoplight) and live too far out in the boonies for delivery to be anything but a faint memory of when I used to live in civilization. It would be nice... there are times when my wife has a craving for something and I really don't want to drive 30-45 minutes for food. Or Starbucks. A lot of times it's Starbucks. She really likes her Starbucks.:ROFLMAO:

Sanzabar

Oh So Colt!
Reaction score
Handicap
We generally use Door Dash, but toggle between them looking for free delivery options and stuff.

Like others, the fees are silly. But, man, it is sooooo convenient when you want something other than the standard delivery options like pizza/chinese.

copenhagerman

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
We have used Instacart for groceries and the fee for that hasn't been too bad. The only meal deliveries we have used are for pizza.

VegasMav

Cigar Posse Member
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cigars
My wife loves ordering food delivery. She uses UberEats. I, on the other hand, agree with JB, the fees are not worth the wait. And you don't know what the driver is doing with your food on the ride over, ie. sipping your drink, eating some fries and so on. If it's close enough, I'll pick it up.

Raiderboost

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Friends and I usually use Favor. It is based out of Austin and available in about 50 cities in Texas. HEB grocery stores is the parent company so you can get favor to deliver groceries along with food. They usually have specials or certain restaurants with free or cheap delivery fees. You still pay a small service charge and tip. HEB was giving priority access to Favor drivers when there were lines at the stores so that they could get orders and get them delivered quickly.

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
doordash is far better than grub hub in my opinion

instacart is fantastic as i hate grocery shopping in general as it is. I may never go back to normal grocery shopping lol

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in