Food Delivery apps which one do you use?

So I just saw an ad for Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza near me and decided to look it up.
1 large Meatball and Ricotta pizza from them is $21.99

Now on Door Dash that same pizza is $24.29
Then add 5.34 in fees and tax
$1.99 delivery fee (which is waived right now)

So I am already paying 50% more for the same pizza (without tip) just for using the app instead of the phone to call them and go pick it up. That is crazy talk.

So I just saw an ad for Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza near me and decided to look it up.

So I am already paying 50% more for the same pizza (without tip) just for using the app instead of the phone to call them and go pick it up. That is crazy talk.

are these prices/fees significantly higher today than they were 6 months ago? genuinely curious since i've never used them. wondering if it's similar to what uber does (did?) with surge pricing. not a huge rideshare user either...hahaha

Yesterday for the first time of this quarantine I decided to order out. I have never used a delivery service as I have heard horror stories and enjoy cooking most of the time but I hear people have had good experiences as well. I ended up going with Door Dash and my experience was good. App was great, food came quickly, the driver followed my instructions too. I get free delivery for 30 days even though they still charge fees it wasn't too bad. However I know there are many other food delivery apps (i.e. grubhub, postmates, etc.) do you use and what has been your experience? Just curious since I will likely be doing this again.

I have yet to do it. We have a lot of great options very near the house and it is just as easy for me to get in the car and grab it.

are these prices/fees significantly higher today than they were 6 months ago? genuinely curious since i've never used them. wondering if it's similar to what uber does (did?) with surge pricing. not a huge rideshare user either...hahaha

No idea, but I have always found the pricing to be a bit crazy. I get it, the convenience factor, but changing the menu prices is where I drew the line. 50% more was too much for me.

Wow thats crazy! This was my first time but the prices were identical to the restaurant menu, I will definitely be checking. I can do a $5 fee for the convenience factor but paying more for the same food is crazy talk.

Wow thats crazy! This was my first time but the prices were identical to the restaurant menu, I will definitely be checking. I can do a $5 fee for the convenience factor but paying more for the same food is crazy talk.
Yeah I can do that too if I am spending more than $20. Although that with a $5 and you are at 50% again.
We tried to do one the other night and i had a free delivery fee waived.
The service fee was over 12 dollars and for $30 worth of Chinese food, the order was nearly $60.

Yeah I can do that too if I am spending more than $20. Although that with a $5 and you are at 50% again.
The service fee was over 12 dollars and for $30 worth of Chinese food, the order was nearly $60.
Yeah no way. Definitely something to pay attention to when looking. Again not something I would do on a regular basis but still thats insanity.

We tried to use door dash or grub hub for Chinese yesterday as well. Total from them was going to be like $65 before tip and I got it for like $38 just calling and picking up at restaurant.

door dash is great service to use. A lot of fees are waived right now.

Usually the only time I do it is after a long day on the golf course of 27-36 holes. I'm too hot and tired to want cook or go get it. I've probably been drinking as well and a delivery fee is well worth not putting myself or others at risk and a lot cheap than a DWI.

I have yet to see doordash, grubhub or uber eats deliver us something hot. Every single time the food is cold and they're usually late. Hell GrubHub actually delivered our meal to our neighbor once. Their kids thought mom and dad ordered it for them and didn't think twice about it. My wife went on the FB community page to tell whoever got our calzones that we hope they choke on it. 20 minutes later we get a knock on our door, and the neighbors are there with a 6 pack of some pretty tasty beer and a bottle of moscato. It was funny once we heard what happened. But dangit... I wanted that calzone!

I won't use those apps due to the charges. I support several of our local establishments by ordering over the phone and then picking it up.
Same here. We either order through their own app and pick it up, or support local restaurants that do delivery themselves (and tip generously for it).

I was going to order lunch from Jersey Mike's earlier this week. For a regular sub, chips and a drink, their app was going to charge a 3.99 delivery fee and a 1.99 service fee. This didn't include a driver tip.

I went with Chipotle instead because they were offering free delivery.

Skip the dishes mostly

Grubhub doesnt appear to have a fee if I do pickup.

Though they might modify the price of food items.

I dont mind picking up so sometimes we either use the chains app or try the phone.

Back