Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new DNA Helix is now out
Laced: $210
BOA: $240

DC0MOMsVYAA75AE.jpg

I dig em. They kinda look like the UA drives IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I may have to get the all white. I actually love the look.

Like the look of these and have always like Footjoy. May have to keep an eye on these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the look of them, but not the price tag. Will wait for the price to come down before trying them on..

I actually don't hate them, that's a big deal for me and FJ.

• Admin
I may have to get the all white. I actually love the look.

Got a "fitting" done on these recently and they are decently comfortable. I like the look of them. If people liked the original DNA, they will like these. They have a similar "feel" to them. Its a little less athletic than I prefer around the toe box, but I think some will like these ones. I was told they fixed the issue with leaking from the original as well.

Got a "fitting" done on these recently and they are decently comfortable. I like the look of them. If people liked the original DNA, they will like these. They have a similar "feel" to them. Its a little less athletic than I prefer around the toe box, but I think some will like these ones. I was told they fixed the issue with leaking from the original as well.

I find it weird that they fixed the leaking issue but then only dropped a one year WPW on them.

They look stiff in the pictures. How were they when you walked in them

Pretty good looking, I'm not sure they look premium price good though. I mean, If you're a fan of Lichtenstein and the comic book style halfone-dot fills, sure.

I love FootJoys, but their most recent lines, even in the extra wides were just a tad too uncomfortable squeezing my toes.

They look like a nice shoe.

Look good but pricing is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it weird that they fixed the leaking issue but then only dropped a one year WPW on them.

They look stiff in the pictures. How were they when you walked in them

A lot like the DNA to me, which I found pretty stiff. Comfortable on the arch area and heel area, but stiffer in the toe bed. I know some really like that aspect.
They are about stability with these, but did some stuff to be similar to the athletic companies too. They added foam to the midsole area, and with that (as mentioned) I found the arch to be quite comfortable. They say they have a high level of flexibility and while that may be true in some comparisons, I found them less than other lines from FJ and definitely less than what is out from PUMA, Nike and adidas. That is not necessarily a bad thing, just a preference thing. One thing to note is that the line is wider than FJ shoes in the past. So they recommend a "shoe fitting" or at the very least trying them on.

Overall a good shoe. It looks really nice, but I prefer a softer toe bed personally.

They look good but out of my price range for shoes.

That was the first thing I asked about. No real answer other than some companies go with 1 year now, so why go more I guess. I dont think that is a real detriment or knock on the company, but the two years was nice.

That was the first thing I asked about. No real answer other than some companies go with 1 year now, so why go more I guess. I dont think that is a real detriment or knock on the company, but the two years was nice.

Yeah, I had heard rumours that FJ and Puma will both only be offering 1-year on their shoes, but wasn't sure how true that would be. I have a feeling it was from too many people finding out that their shoes leak suddenly late in the second year of wear.

I've had two footjoy cleats with the boa lacing on the heal. My problem was that my heal would snag on something and unlock the laces out so I had to relace them. My Morgan Cup Cobra cleats with the disk on the top of the foot is great. Haven't had any issues with catching and unlocking it on anything. I think Under Armor did the same thing with their boa cleats.

I've had two footjoy cleats with the boa lacing on the heal. My problem was that my heal would snag on something and unlock the laces out so I had to relace them. My Morgan Cup Cobra cleats with the disk on the top of the foot is great. Haven't had any issues with catching and unlocking it on anything. I think Under Armor did the same thing with their boa cleats.

I honestly thought about that when testing these. I have 2 pairs of FJ BOA spikes and have done that exact thing numerous times. I, too, prefer a system on the top or front, but when asked, FJ said they do not have plans to change it currently.

If they have the comfort of the first DNA, I could be talked into picking up a pair (assuming a variety of colors available).

Sometimes I want to buy other companies shoes, but FJ seems to be the only one that I can pick up narrow sizes in. And more than anything, that's what makes FJ the most comfortable shoes I ever wear.

~Rock

good looking shoe, too expensive for this cat...

I need new shoes.....like the looks, price is a bit dear though. Will wait for a sale

Not in the market for shoes at them moment (have 3 pair of Freestyles and love, love, love them) but really dig the look of these.

They look good but I will never own a pair at those prices.

Back