FootJoy DryJoys Tour Golf Shoes Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Ryan. I've always felt there was a little break-in period with Footjoys in general. I really liked the photos of these and when I saw them in person, I've added them to my list of "shoes I want"!

They are probably my favorite shoe in terms of looks right now. They are just plain snazzy.

Great review! I have had a pair of Dry Joys for over two years now and still love them. I do love some of the new designs they have out there on the website.

I tried these on while at THP HQ, I got a dirty look....hehe

Great review...they look very classy.

Love the look of these

They look slick Ryan. Love the review. I like the more casual look but I'm really starting to come around to the classic style. Footjoys never screamed comfort but I did slip some on the other day and I was surprised. Really surprise. Great job broham.

Excellent review Hawk! This line had me cracking up, yet is so true and so important!
“Those people who’ve had the pleasure of playing golf with me will understand that I take some shots from odd positions. I can end up just about anywhere on the course and really need a shoe to give me a stable platform to work from.”
I agree with you on the look, very classy and extremely nice. Sounds like a person who rides more often than walks would really be ok with these but the hardcore walker might want to consider a different shoe. Great work!

Ryan did an awesome Job as usual.

Regarding any discomfort, I truly feel that a wider pair of these would have been a better fit for my foot. It’s nearly impossible to arrange a proper fitting in a testing environment, so please keep that in mind. Aside from the very fixable issue, I found them to be very comfortable. I would have no concerns recommending these shoes for walking if the buyer took the time to make sure the shoe fit them correctly.

Excellent write up Ryan. I had no idea that much technology went into making these shoes. I have been wearing FootJoys for years, and am thinking a pair of DryJoys are on the horizon. Also, thanks for posting the link to their website. Some of the styles they have now are really cool looking.

Excellent write up Ryan. I had no idea that much technology went into making these shoes. I have been wearing FootJoys for years, and am thinking a pair of DryJoys are on the horizon. Also, thanks for posting the link to their website. Some of the styles they have now are really cool looking.

You would be shocked the amount of tech in golf shoes nowadays. They take it very seriously.

Thanks for the review. Great writeup.

Footjoy has always evoked thoughts of conservative and traditional from me. With the '11 line, they still do. But, they have also stepped out of the box and now have some additional designs the will catch the eye of those looking for something a little flashier.

I really like some of their newer designs and am really interested in their BOA lacing system.

BOA Lacing System™
The precision BOA allows you to minutely adjust the shoe closure for a perfect precision fit. The BOA reel never loosens during play and the lace never stretches or unties. The BOA lacing system pulls your foot down and into the back of the shoe, which not only provides a custom-like fit, but incredible comfort and stability throughout play.

Back