FootJoy Rain Gloves

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They work very well. While I had a couple of hand slips that were not entirely attributable to the rain, I was very impressed with the performance. The consensus of the event participants was that the gloves worked exceptionally well and better than other brands that had been tried.

Sizing is the same as regular FJ gloves. If you were a large in a regular glove, you'll were a large in the rain glove. Once wet though they require more effort to remove.

On a side note, I have a friend who wears them during summer months because he sweats through gloves so quickly. While I used to give him grief for it, I may give that a try next summer.

They absolutely do work. If you've ever played in the rain without gloves or with a regular glove, you've really got to clamp down on the grip so it doesn't get away from you, which completely changes the swing dynamic, robs you of length, etc.

While I personally struggled with them on Saturday's round, that was really more a matter of just simply not being used to them. I actually played better with just the one rain glove on my left for quite a bit of the round just because I needed a little more tactile feedback with my right hand...during my swing, my right hand really is only very lightly gripping the club and is there more for feel, so personally that worked out better.

The real issue on Saturday was from being tight and having the additional layer on...that and I'm a headcase, lol.

Back