For any of you Fed types looking like we get a day off tomorrow.

RabidWombats

SeveWombat / #teamThorBats
Reaction score
Handicap
a lot

Bonus golf day maybe?

Interesting. Wonder if that will trickle to state agencies, banks, etc...that generally close on federal holidays.

Not a fed, but a federal contractor. Just got the call from the feds saying call it a weekend! Now, who else doesn't work tomorrow that I can call to get on the course with?

I had planned on taking a couple of hours off tomorrow afternoon, but now I get the whole day off!! Woo hoo!!

Not a fed, but a federal contractor. Just got the call from the feds saying call it a weekend! Now, who else doesn't work tomorrow that I can call to get on the course with?

me, but it's probably a long drive haha

haha.. Tomorrow off.. This is not a real holiday..

me, but it's probably a long drive haha

Haha depending on what part of NY you are in, it could only be like 9-10 hours down to my part of Virginia. Come on down!

I work for a local government agency. We only work M-Th anyway, so this won't help me this year, but I'm hoping to grab it next year! Or at least bank me some PTO hours!

Sweet! All my holidays revolve around what the Federal Gov't does! Whoo Hoo! Extra day to play :D

Interesting. Wonder if that will trickle to state agencies, banks, etc...that generally close on federal holidays.
The state of MD has so far. I'm waiting for VA to do it next. :unsure:

Since it hasn't even been signed yet, I would imagine state and municipal governments will wait until next year. Of course, elected officials build a lot of good will giving people day's off.

Last year my bank gave us a floating holiday since my department runs 7 days a week.

No mention of a day off this year...

Back