For those who have considered going one length...

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Why haven't you pulled the trigger yet?
What has stopped you?

For me, it's a budget thing. I don't buy irons often, and I worry that they wouldn't work for me and I'd be stuck with irons I hate for years. It's something I have thought about quite a bit, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I am worried I'd be wasting a ton of cash for an experiment.

Last edited:
Partly budget and partly the fact that I just bought all new clubs last year.

I am hoping a few others take the plunge at The Morgan Cup. I don't want anyone who is uncomfortable with the idea to do it, but I think for anyone who is really curious about the idea it is a fantastic opportunity to give it a go. For everyone else on the forum they will get to follow along and see how it goes. If it goes good or bad it will be good information.

I am hoping a few others take the plunge at The Morgan Cup. I don't want anyone who is uncomfortable with the idea to do it, but I think for anyone who is really curious about the idea it is a fantastic opportunity to give it a go. For everyone else on the forum they will get to follow along and see how it goes. If it goes good or bad it will be good information.

That's a huge part of the experience, right? The equipment reviews?
This is a great point.
I like it. (y)

But if you hadnt...and you were in the market, would you pull the trigger?
100% yes, I would. And to go along with @DataDude's post, if I was selected for the Morgan Cup I would definitely go OL and commit to them for at least the full season to give them a fair and thorough test.

That's a huge part of the experience, right? The equipment reviews?
This is a great point.
I like it. (y)
Yep, absolutely. We will all be sharing our thoughts on everything we order. There will be at least one person with OL to share their thoughts and I like to talk a lot 😂

100% yes, I would. And to go along with @DataDude's post, if I was selected for the Morgan Cup I would definitely go OL.

I think I am 100% there with you.
I also bought all new clubs fairly recently and I'm right in the middle of buyers remorse for my irons

Mine is mental. I looked at them last year but had issues regarding the PW and 5 iron. I doubt that I would go one length if I was purchasing a set of irons. However, for the MC, I think that I could get over my mental hurdle. I just have to get used to thr length. I would love to see how they affect my game.

I think I am 100% there with you.
I also bought all new clubs fairly recently and I'm right in the middle of buyers remorse for my irons
That's part of the equation for me too - I absolutely love the clubs I have right now and really have no reason or desire to move away from them, which has made me even more reluctant to spend money on new clubs. But the OL concept has intrigued me for quite a while and it would be fun to try them, and I have a really solid baseline to compare them against.

Mine is mental. I looked at them last year but had issues regarding the PW and 5 iron. I doubt that I would go one length if I was purchasing a set of irons. However, for the MC, I think that I could get over my mental hurdle. I just have to get used to thr length. I would love to see how they affect my game.

I was looking at them last weekend and yeah, it seem sort of weird...but only at first. I really liked the feel of the OL hybrid in hand to tell you the truth. I still haven't hit them yet though.

Just super indecisive and ignorant on shafts. 👍
Sounds like me with a driver and 3w shaft. I have a head for both now but need to choose a shaft (on a budget too) for both. Head are Cobra Speedzone for the driver and F8 for the 3w.

I am very interested in OL, but received 2 VL iron sets last year so I have no reason right now. Budget wise, and time wise, something would not get used, and I don't like that.

I am very interested in OL, but received 2 VL iron sets last year so I have no reason right now. Budget wise, and time wise, something would not get used, and I don't like that.

Do you see yourself giving them a shot the next time you are in the market?

I think if I was in the market, I'd 100% give them a go.
Things can't get much worse for me right now, so I could only improve 🤣

I've read some about 'em. It SEEMs legit. But the thing I can't wrap my head around is this...
Do you hit the long irons shorter because they have a shorter shaft length?
Do you hit the short iron longer?
What are the gaps between clubs?

The "Been around the block quite a few times" part of me thinks it's just a gimmick that will soon fall by the wayside.

Do you see yourself giving them a shot the next time you are in the market?

I think if I was in the market, I'd 100% give them a go.
Things can't get much worse for me right now, so I could only improve 🤣
Without a doubt I would test them out when in the market again. I don't get as much practice in as I would like, so simplifying to one swing across the irons, and maybe into wedges and/or hydrids makes sense to me.

I've read some about 'em. It SEEMs legit. But the thing I can't wrap my head around is this...
Do you hit the long irons shorter because they have a shorter shaft length?
Do you hit the short iron longer?
What are the gaps between clubs?

The "Been around the block quite a few times" part of me thinks it's just a gimmick that will soon fall by the wayside.
Yeah, I get that and I have the same questions/concerns. The concept has been around for quite a while name and at least cobra seems to be always tweaking and messing with lofts etc to close those gaps.

Interesting stuff for sure!

Without a doubt I would test them out when in the market again. I don't get as much practice in as I would like, so simplifying to one swing across the irons, and maybe into wedges and/or hydrids makes sense to me.
Heck yeah. I struggle with the multiple swing thing...I'm a complete headcase lately 🤣

If I decide to get new irons this year, I'll definitely talk to my fitter about OL.

I’m in full ponder. Like a few others my forge tec standard length irons are only 10 months old. I like them but do see the appeal of one length. Played a round while in Arizona with a set of forge tec one length. I could easily get used to them. Going to be experimenting with Radspeed one length 5and 6 iron with same shaft that is in my forge tec set. They arrived today. Will get some sim time with them this weekend. Might put my leap into full one length off until I see the next iteration of the forge tec.

I’m in full ponder. Like a few others my forge tec standard length irons are only 10 months old. I like them but do see the appeal of one length. Played a round while in Arizona with a set of forge tec one length. I could easily get used to them. Going to be experimenting with Radspeed one length 5and 6 iron with same shaft that is in my forge tec set. They arrived today. Will get some sim time with them this weekend. Might put my leap into full one length off until I see the next iteration of the forge tec.

Hmm. Interesting. Did you rent the one length set or borrow the from a buddy?
We're you seeing much difference in distance?

I need to find a set that I can take out on the course.

Back