BroD

Reaction score
Handicap
My upper Left fore arm has been aching for awhile.. (so much so it effects my swing) any advice or exercises to help?

Stretching, massage gun, stim. Could be a tendon issue so then ice.. and lots of rest, probably a few weeks without golf

Try a chiro/phys therapy too

My upper Left fore arm has been aching for awhile.. (so much so it effects my swing) any advice or exercises to help?
I seem to have this some too. I know for me it is an age thing. I work with arm messages, weights, stretch bands, and various exercises, but nothing really seems to help a lot. Some have said those arm bands will work, but I have not tried one of those and may soon try one. The left arm aching definitely affects my game especially my aim. My right arm never bothers me at all.

Most likely Golfer's Elbow (medial epicondylitis). Similar to Tennis Elbow. You can pick up a pressure band at any pharmacy that will really help with it. Try it out.

Cheers

i’m dealing with some of this too. it sucks. i’ve tried a few different remedies, but the one i haven’t tried yet is rest. cuz it’s not bad enough to make me want to stop hitting balls yet.

Im not sure how to upload a document, but DM me and I will send you my program i send to all my athletes/patients for Medial/Lateral Epicondylitis.

i’m dealing with some of this too. it sucks. i’ve tried a few different remedies, but the one i haven’t tried yet is rest. cuz it’s not bad enough to make me want to stop hitting balls yet.

see above

Most likely Golfer's Elbow (medial epicondylitis). Similar to Tennis Elbow. You can pick up a pressure band at any pharmacy that will really help with it. Try it out.

Cheers
I did not even know there was such a thing.

willing to try a pressure band,,,, where would you put it... (I know,,, dumb question):rolleyes:
But really don't want to rest and stop hitting balls.. :cool:
also interest in the info from PapaJohick..

My understanding is that if you use a pressure band it has to be located in the right place to assist in supporting the pressure. I think mine arm hurts near my elbow but not in my elbow, or at least that is where I feel the pain. Mine is actually on top of my arm about 1-2 inches from my elbow in the direction of my hand. I can press that muscle there and feel some nice pain - ouch! That is probably where I would use a pressure band.

I have a couple that I am doing right now. I have wrist and thumb damage and grasping injuries that goes up the forearm into both sides of the elbow and the back where the tricep is. I think I broke my left thumb and it was never properly diagnosed and it healed weird. Wrist is a mess.

I'll have to see if the sheets I got from the PT have a website they can be downloaded from. A lot of this is for carpal tunnel issues too.
Seems anything I do to stretch/reach and lengthen for my shoulder PT exercises helps too. I do ice and pain killers. Couple vodka shots if I need them. ;)

I have one of the "Band-It" straps like the Champions Tour guys used a few years back. Not sure if they still make those, but they can help a little with the grip strength issues. They feel very awkward to wear, but if you are desperate to play, a cheap aid.

One thing I can't break the habit of is crimping up my elbows in my sleep to support my head. All sorts of nerve pressure it creates on the ulnar nerve. Wish I could stop that, but shite, my neck hurts. :confused: It never ends... o_O:LOL:

found lots of products out there .... at amazon or ebay ect.. key word .. golfers elbow ... thanks you all,, going to continue to research.

Sounds like elbow tendonitis commonly referred to as Tennis Elbow. Been there! Try these stretches a couple times a day and before your rounds.

tennis-elbow-graphic-pic.jpg

When I had golfer's elbow after hitting a heavy chunk, I took it easy and used a pressure band around my upper forearm. It got better in 3-4 weeks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Graphite iron shafts

Bend back and hold, and then bend forward and hold, you hands, one at a time, at the wrists - each for 30 seconds a couple of times a day

Back