Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
When it comes to launch monitors and possibly consumer facing models at that, few things in the space have been as anticipated as this launch. The teasers have set the stage for a lot of buzz and with that a lot of questions. Today we hope to answer all of them for you.

Untitled-40-1024x692.jpg

This is a dual launch for two separate products. The Foresight GC3 and the Bushnell Launch Pro. Before we get to the technical side of things, it is important to note that these two devices are identical from a hardware standpoint. They do however, function quite differently from a cost perspective.

Before getting to the structure of purchase, let’s go over what it does and to do that, we dropped the new Foresight GC3 into the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice device but unfortunately - as expected - hard pass due to being outside of my range budget wise :-(
3k would be a dream if fully loaded though :D

Great write up JMan! Now the ponder…

Hope people enjoy the full video. Thanks for the patience.

Maybe I missed it but how's long do you anticipate the lifespan of one of the models are @Jman ? I can't see wanting to do anything lower than silver on the scale but at the same time having the fully unlocked version would be the best long term if you can use that same device for upwards of 10 years.

Maybe I missed it but how's long do you anticipate the lifespan of one of the models are @Jman ? I can't see wanting to do anything lower than silver on the scale but at the same time having the fully unlocked version would be the best long term if you can use that same device for upwards of 10 years.
GC2 came out a bit over 10 years ago and this is considered by some to be the replacement.

I’m curious about warranty and insurance info on the units.

GC2 came out a bit over 10 years ago and this is considered by some to be the replacement.
Could you use one GC unit for 10 years though? Do they really last that long? If so I would think it would be a nobrainer to get the full 7k package if you can afford it because at silver that's the same end price and at gold you would be paying thousands more.

I think 5 years of use would equal out in gold to be the same price so if you intended to keep it longer pay the full 7k now and if not then you the subscription model may be best.

Could you use one GC unit for 10 years though? Do they really last that long? If so I would think it would be a nobrainer to get the full 7k package if you can afford it because at silver that's the same end price and at gold you would be paying thousands more.

I think 5 years of use would equal out in gold to be the same price so if you intended to keep it longer pay the full 7k now and if not then you the subscription model may be best.
Could you? Sure. Maybe a battery swap which is inexpensive generally speaking in the middle, but they do last.

With that said, I have no idea what the future holds and how quickly they move from here, but if I was a betting man, I would say minimum of 5 years before GC3 is replaced and that wouldn’t render this one obsolete. I don’t think brand could go into subscription model with less than that in mind to hit the break even point.

Really liked the video, well explained. I assume if you buy the GC3 at the $7K you get what is offered in the Gold package with LP but from the start with zero subscription costs….correct?

if I had the coin (not even close 🥲) I’d probably do LP with Gold subscription assuming 100% identical as the upfront extra cost with the GC3 would take roughly 6-7 years to pay back and my guess before that time next age technology will be out.

I really like the 7X10 area required, that will sell some units. Very sleek device and certainly more attainable for smaller business (bar, company rec area, teaching professional, golf club, etc.) where the GC4 was just too many $$$. For home use, if you have space and the extra couple of thousand for all the peripherals i.e. mat, screen, projector, etc. it would be really nice.

Definitely something I could never convince my wife into but those more fortunate, have at it.

Great write up @Jman I can honestly say that if I had the space available to get something like this set up then I would be seriously checking the finances and getting it done.

Are the Gold membership "Additional features" options (e.g. courses, premium courses etc.) all included in the GC3 all in option? Or are those additional costs as well for the GC3?

Are the Gold membership "Additional features" options (e.g. courses, premium courses etc.) all included in the GC3 all in option? Or are those additional costs as well for the GC3?
GC3 will include ball and club data access out-of-the-box, including FSX performance and entertainment software and 10-course bundle, for $6,995.

I’m leaning toward the subscription model for a couple reasons. Original cash requirement and possible new tech coming down the pike. 3k and 800 per year I’m 5 years out tech wise and 5 years older. By then I may or may not be looking to beat balls like we do now. Very interested and happy that gold and unlocked model are compatible with 3rd party software. 10 courses on fsx plus thousands of others on TGC 2019 that I already own. Looks like a very strong player in launch monitor and the sim market.

Pretty solid pricing. That silver subscription model is tempting.

I’m really interested to see so many saying they’d go with the subscription model, is it solely because of the initial price being an easier pill to swallow? At 6995 all in, the GC3 is what so many have been clamoring for.

Yeah, spreading the cost out over 5-10 years is pretty appealing.

To me, I think I’d be going the 7k model and having everything I need right out of the box. If this is a real investment, it’s gonna need to last for numerous years. Figure the 5 year breakpoint is where the sub model becomes more expensive, so either pay more now or pay more later.

Great info and very inviting. Still a bit high price wise for me, but those seriously in the market...I like the options!

I’m really interested to see so many saying they’d go with the subscription model, is it solely because of the initial price being an easier pill to swallow? At 6995 all in, the GC3 is what so many have been clamoring for.

I would say so for me. Shelling out the full $7k is a bit tough.

Shelling out $3800 and then investing the other $3200 seems more reasonable. Then the $800 yearly subscription could be perhaps recouped in creative planning with friends (sim rounds etc.).

So I kinda feel like with the $3000 investment, if you just want the very basic info no subscription should be paid at all. Is 3K not enough for them to say thanks, and oh by the way if you want more info then you can subscribe? Kinda feel like they are nickel and diming at that point. What would happen if someone quits paying the subscription, will it quit giving out info or not turn on or not read a shot?

Ultimately this is going to be a great launch monitor and feel a lot of people will get it. But the have to have subscription for the basic irks me for whatever reason.

Guess the other unknown with the subscription is price hikes etc..

But also wondering if newer software/updates etc. would be more readily available through the subscription model....?

In other words, once you go all in on the GC3, are you locked out from future software updates etc.?

So I kinda feel like with the $3000 investment, if you just want the very basic info no subscription should be paid at all. Is 3K not enough for them to say thanks, and oh by the way if you want more info then you can subscribe? Kinda feel like they are nickel and diming at that point. What would happen if someone quits paying the subscription, will it quit giving out info or not turn on or not read a shot?

Ultimately this is going to be a great launch monitor and feel a lot of people will get it. But the have to have subscription for the basic irks me for whatever reason.

I know that if you cancel a sub, you’ll lose what you’ve downloaded as far as course wise. I’m assuming yeah if you can your sub, you don’t even have basic anymore so you will have a lovely paperweight.

I know that if you cancel a sub, you’ll lose what you’ve downloaded as far as course wise. I’m assuming yeah if you can your sub, you don’t even have basic anymore so you will have a lovely paperweight.
Yeah, that's pretty gross when you put it that way.

I would say so for me. Shelling out the full $7k is a bit tough.

Shelling out $3800 and then investing the other $3200 seems more reasonable. Then the $800 yearly subscription could be perhaps recouped in creative planning with friends (sim rounds etc.).
Interesting!

Back