Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

@JB do you still have this in the tech studio or did you send it back? I know since you have the GCQuad a GC3 is kind of irrelevant.

the blp was a dumpster fire today. i finally set up my new ipad last night, and wouldn't you know it wouldn't connect to the blp through fsx live either. i was told my previous ipad was too old, but a newer gen would work. it didn't. but i downloaded fsx pro, and was able to connect.

so i took the unit to the range today. i had two goals: 1) get some swings on video for my instructor, and 2) get some gapping numbers before my fitting session next week.

the blp crashed 4 times and had to be restarted.
the blp connected to the ipad initially, but after the first crash never connected again. and wouldn't connect to the phone either. its wifi wasn't sending a signal.
and it gave me some absolutely bizarre club numbers on many occasions (like 101mph pitching wedge swing ss with 103mph ball speed, or 25* positive aoa with a mid-iron), as well as missing more shots than it ever has.

:mad:

the blp was a dumpster fire today. i finally set up my new ipad last night, and wouldn't you know it wouldn't connect to the blp through fsx live either. i was told my previous ipad was too old, but a newer gen would work. it didn't. but i downloaded fsx pro, and was able to connect.

so i took the unit to the range today. i had two goals: 1) get some swings on video for my instructor, and 2) get some gapping numbers before my fitting session next week.

the blp crashed 4 times and had to be restarted.
the blp connected to the ipad initially, but after the first crash never connected again. and wouldn't connect to the phone either. its wifi wasn't sending a signal.
and it gave me some absolutely bizarre club numbers on many occasions (like 101mph pitching wedge swing ss with 103mph ball speed, or 25* positive aoa with a mid-iron), as well as missing more shots than it ever has.

:mad:
Have you contacted their support? I wonder if there is something wrong with the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection

It has been brought to my attention that I could get the BLP and deal with it in basic mode for a year or till I see fit, and then pay the one time fee to fully unlock it like a GC3. I have horrible friends and forum members.

You get 30 days free of the Gold subscription...so it'd only be 11 months of the basic mode...too bad they're all sold out now though

Have you contacted their support? I wonder if there is something wrong with the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection

i have probably 20+ emails back and forth with a support guy. he all but admitted he's having the same connectivity issues. and my gut tells me it's why we haven't seen a full review from txg yet. they mentioned that they were having setup issues, but were quick to blame themselves and note that a rep was helping them. that was 2-3 weeks ago...

when the unit is working, it's incredibly fun and so helpful.

Mid November software release. I'm guessing it's an issue across the board right now (or was for the PC version)

FSX 2020 Version 8.0.2.7 Includes:
  • Improved GC3 Connection

@JB do you still have this in the tech studio or did you send it back? I know since you have the GCQuad a GC3 is kind of irrelevant.
Yes I still have both units.

i have probably 20+ emails back and forth with a support guy. he all but admitted he's having the same connectivity issues. and my gut tells me it's why we haven't seen a full review from txg yet. they mentioned that they were having setup issues, but were quick to blame themselves and note that a rep was helping them. that was 2-3 weeks ago...

I guess that's an early adopter risk. I know Mevo+ had issues when it was released which were fixed in time. Hopefully these are simple fixes (especially since everything seems to work well with the GCQuad).

Hey @JB is that whole very large THP sticker offer still good?

I saw that the BLP said to not use the Truvis style or yellow golf balls with the unit. Does anyone have experience with these and say the data is bad with them? I just noticed this and thought it was odd.

I saw that the BLP said to not use the Truvis style or yellow golf balls with the unit. Does anyone have experience with these and say the data is bad with them? I just noticed this and thought it was odd.

We were using white and green THP Truvis balls with the GC3 and had zero issue on both the GC3 or the GC Quad.

Used Truvis today and had no issue.

Ugh ... sorry to read this. Hope they get the bugs sorted out for you asap.

got my blp to connect to ipad and iphone at home so that’s good. looks like i’m playing sunday so i’ll take it back out and see what i can do.

got my blp to connect to ipad and iphone at home so that’s good. looks like i’m playing sunday so i’ll take it back out and see what i can do.

How have you seen it help your game so far since you’ve been using it?

How have you seen it help your game so far since you’ve been using it?

it hasn't helped my game, but that isn't a knock on the blp anymore than it's a knock on my instructor. there are some mental blocks no instruction or technology can overcome.

specific to my practice, it helps me TREMENDOUSLY to see path and attack. those are literally the only things my instructor and i work on. so as soon as i see attack get too shallow, i re-focus on a feel or do a drill, hit a shot, and BOOM the numbers go the proper direction. same with path, particularly with driver. it cannot, however, perform a lobotomy.

the range i went to yesterday was grass, and i guess it's not perfectly level. i was reminded just how narrow the hitting zone is. i'd basically get about 8-10 shots, then i'd have to re-position the unit, re-calibrate the alignment, and start banging balls again. but it puts some pressure on the quality of your shots. like, you don't want to waste the current setup on a bunch of bad shots, or else all that work was for naught and you have to start over again. my point? if you're someone who plans to use this device most often inside or off mats, it's freaking amazing. but if you're going to be hitting off grass and taking divots, i'm actually thinking radar may be a better option. maybe not a more accurate option, but certainly less labor intensive.

the range i went to yesterday was grass, and i guess it's not perfectly level. i was reminded just how narrow the hitting zone is. i'd basically get about 8-10 shots, then i'd have to re-position the unit, re-calibrate the alignment, and start banging balls again. but it puts some pressure on the quality of your shots. like, you don't want to waste the current setup on a bunch of bad shots, or else all that work was for naught and you have to start over again. my point? if you're someone who plans to use this device most often inside or off mats, it's freaking amazing. but if you're going to be hitting off grass and taking divots, i'm actually thinking radar may be a better option. maybe not a more accurate option, but certainly less labor intensive.
That's good feedback

What about teed up shots, such as fairway or driver? Same issue?

What about teed up shots, such as fairway or driver? Same issue?

no not at all. that easy peezy. it’s just when you’re laying the sod over a sand wedge, you’ve basically used up 3-4 shots in the current configuration.

and the levelness of the ground kind of bit me yesterday. if you’re hitting off a slight downslope, it really jacks up your club info (ball info was still spot on accurate). i also had a slight turtle back in my little hitting area, and the unit struggled to see the ball when it was on the other side of a tiny sidehill slope (and i mean almost imperceptible).

i should also mention that my unit seems to struggle a bit to find the alignment stick when calibrating target alignment. it’s almost impossible when there is chewed up turf between the unit and the stick. so you’d say “just move it to a different area.” sure, i’ll ask the people around me to move to a different area so i can sprawl out more.

i think the solution is i need my own personal driving range that is immaculately kept. and my own personal golf course.

no not at all. that easy peezy. it’s just when you’re laying the sod over a sand wedge, you’ve basically used up 3-4 shots in the current configuration.

and the levelness of the ground kind of bit me yesterday. if you’re hitting off a slight downslope, it really jacks up your club info (ball info was still spot on accurate). i also had a slight turtle back in my little hitting area, and the unit struggled to see the ball when it was on the other side of a tiny sidehill slope (and i mean almost imperceptible).

i should also mention that my unit seems to struggle a bit to find the alignment stick when calibrating target alignment. it’s almost impossible when there is chewed up turf between the unit and the stick. so you’d say “just move it to a different area.” sure, i’ll ask the people around me to move to a different area so i can sprawl out more.

i think the solution is i need my own personal driving range that is immaculately kept. and my own personal golf course.

I know this might not be ideal, but what about a small turf hitting strip to lay on the ground to avoid the divots?

Back