Looks better than I expected.

I feel like this is the most common reaction. People expect them to be these hideous things, and they just aren't anymore.

I feel like this is the most common reaction. People expect them to be these hideous things, and they just aren't anymore.
They look better than the PM Callaway to me, which I tried for a while. But the Honma's are doing good so no need to change just yet.

My curiosity about forgiving wedges peaked today. Had very few iron shots because today the driver was reaching places I've not been able to find before. Most of my shots on par 4s were well under 130 yards (Smooth pitching wedge). I have the M-Type 50 degree New Level wedge along with the Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 and 60. A lot of poor wedge shots really slowed what would have been an amazing round. Still managed a 72 (par 70 with a lot of 2 putts from around 50-80 yard approach shots. First putt usually about 20 feet or more. What could have been?.. The question I have is really pretty simple. Is there really any major difference between the CBX2 and the CBX Full Face other than the raised toe and grooves? After today, I'm not above a 50/54 CBX2 and a damn Smart Sole 58.

As more golfers are using wedges for full swings, we had Cleveland come with a more forgiving wedge lineup in CBX. Wider sole, longer heel to toe and low and deep weighting. Of course perimeter weighting as well.

They have done well, so do you think we will see other companies bring this concept to market and if so how soon?
I'm obviously a bit late to this convo...

We should see other OEM's bring good looking, forgiving wedges to market to compete with the CBX2.

However, just like the rest of the equipment in their bags, most golfers won't game it if it's not "on tour".

@JB Saleswise, are forgiving wedges increasing in market share enough to actually prompt other OEM's to invest the the necessary R&D?

However, just like the rest of the equipment in their bags, most golfers won't game it if it's not "on tour".
^ For the life of me, I'll never understand this. If it's "on tour", I automatically figure I shouldn't be gaming it.

You might want to give the Callaway PM Grind a try. It has a real high toe and the grooves go all the way out to the edge of the clubface, so it might save you on some of those shots.

I actually have one in hand, looking at it I can’t wrap my head round it. I know I need to bring my lie angle up 2deg to line up with the current irons which will help some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have one in hand, looking at it I can’t wrap my head round it. I know I need to bring my lie angle up 2deg to line up with the current irons which will help some.
If you can, give it a try before you dismiss it just on looks. Freaking magical club.

@JB Saleswise, are forgiving wedges increasing in market share enough to actually prompt other OEM's to invest the the necessary R&D?

I would say yes

If you can, give it a try before you dismiss it just on looks. Freaking magical club.
Yes, a bad workman blames his tools but this tool turns me into a flop god! Haha
It's amazing what a difference a club can make to your abilities.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Just placed my order for a 54° CBX2. It's the start of wedge replacement for me. Looking forward to seeing what it's all about!

Just placed my order for a 54° CBX2. It's the start of wedge replacement for me. Looking forward to seeing what it's all about!
Solid choice. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Yes, a bad workman blames his tools but this tool turns me into a flop god! Haha
It's amazing what a difference a club can make to your abilities.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve been working on my green side flop with my 56deg, I’m thinking I’ll put the PM up for sale (plastic on it still) to put towards a hogan combo set at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm obviously a bit late to this convo...

We should see other OEM's bring good looking, forgiving wedges to market to compete with the CBX2.

Maybe it's because I'm an old guy playing with old guys but Vokeys played "on tour" doesn't seem to be any part of the appeal. More like decades of having seen the majority of even halfway decent players at every level using Vokeys, that's the big selling point. It's just the kind of wedge good players use. Including the Tour guys but that's not really a big part of the consciousness in my experience.

Back