Review Forme Ace Polo - The Posture Correcting Polo

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A few of us lucky THPers were selected to give the Forme Ace Polo an extended try and post our unfiltered thoughts on the forum. From what I have seen posted on the Forme t-shirt review thread here and what we now know was a teaser thread here, there seems to be a lot of interest in the Forme technology if it does what it says it will. But some seem to be cautious of the price tag, which is higher than what a standard apparel equivalent would cost. So is it worth it?

Well, @ddec, @Puttmaster, @Mattattack, @Cmontgomery and I are tasked with answering that question. I fancy myself to be a polo shirt connoisseur. In fact, I have been wearing shirts most of my life. While there is definitely some sticker shock at first glance, I think I could be convinced of its value if the quality and performance are as good as advertised. At this point in my life, I would rather have one excellent polo than three mediocre ones. So keep an eye on this thread, because we are about to see if the Forme Ace Polo is worth the price.

Last edited:
Can't say I consider the polos many THP'ers like mediocre by any stretch. And some of those are pricey to many. I'll go with what my mom used to say, stand up straight.

Will be following all your thoughts closely!

Can't say I consider the polos many THP'ers like mediocre by any stretch. And some of those are pricey to many. I'll go with what my mom used to say, stand up straight.
My consideration of mediocre polos are ones that collars curl up at the tips (like some Under Armour ones), or become see-through after a season of moderate use (like some Nike ones), or fade in the sun (looking at you again Under Armour). Some are priced as premium but are lacking, and some have odd or inconsistent sizing (like Stitch).

My current go to shirts are mostly Puma, Peter Millar, Travis Matthews, a couple Greyson, and a few Stitch shirts. I have some Under Armour and Nike polos as well, so I should be able to give a good review compared to all of those in different categories. But with all of that, none of those polos claim to help fix my posture, and that is something I am really excited to try.

I wanted to get this thread up quickly because I think sizing selection is critical, given the performance claims of the polo. The Forme website gives the following note in the item description:

Forme.png

I am 6 foot, 188 pounds as of this morning. I am currently wearing a size large Under Armour polo, which would be my typical sizing. It fits me well. I would also choose size large for Nike and Travis Matthews offerings. I am usually a medium in Peter Millar, and a medium-large in Stich polos. I am a 40 regular in suit jackets, and am currently a 34 inch waist, which give me a bit of room. I can sausage into a 33 inch waist, but it's not ideal to me.

My initial thought is to do with a large here, but the note has me wondering. I don't mind a slim fit, especially in Miami. I didn't switch from Bud diesel to But Light not to show off my dad bod. But I want to make sure that I enjoy wearing the shirt and get the full benefit of the posture correction. The size guide provides the following information:

Forme2.png

Based on this, I think size large is still the way to do. I would be curious to see what others are going with, and what @ddec thinks based on his experience with the shirt.

I wanted to get this thread up quickly because I think sizing selection is critical, given the performance claims of the polo. The Forme website gives the following note in the item description:

View attachment 9016073

I am 6 foot, 188 pounds as of this morning. I am currently wearing a size large Under Armour polo, which would be my typical sizing. It fits me well. I would also choose size large for Nike and Travis Matthews offerings. I am usually a medium in Peter Millar, and a medium-large in Stich polos. I am a 40 regular in suit jackets, and am currently a 34 inch waist, which give me a bit of room. I can sausage into a 33 inch waist, but it's not ideal to me.

My initial thought is to do with a large here, but the note has me wondering. I don't mind a slim fit, especially in Miami. I didn't switch from Bud diesel to But Light not to show off my dad bod. But I want to make sure that I enjoy wearing the shirt and get the full benefit of the posture correction. The size guide provides the following information:

View attachment 9016077

Based on this, I think size large is still the way to do. I would be curious to see what others are going with, and what @ddec thinks based on his experience with the shirt.

I am sizing up.

I am sizing up.
Now you have me thinking again. Do you think sizing up will impact the way the posture correction performs?

View attachment 9016073

View attachment 9016077

I’ve been contemplating this today as well! I’m typically a Medium on Travis Mathew, Under Armour, and Small in RLX. I went ahead and requested a large per the note on the Forme site as I certainly didn’t want it to be too small.

Fit will be a pretty important factor for me, here’s hoping sizing up per the recommendation was the right call! I suppose that’s why my closet is limited across just a few brands.

I’m really intrigued with the technology behind improving posture. Will it result in long term improvement? Will I feel the benefits while wearing the shirt? Will it be comfortable enough to wear throughout the day? Excitedly, I’ll have the opport

I went XL, final answer. What pushed me to it were DDec's post that he was going a size up, and the realization that I like to wear an under shirt with my polos, and going a size up would probably better accommodate that. Based on what I see on sizing, I may order a regular shirt in large to compare, but first things first.

View attachment 9016073

View attachment 9016077

I am sizing up, too, from a normal L to the suggested size-up XL. Like you, though, I'd rather it fit snug rather than not tight enough for the intended benefit. Will be interesting to see how the sizing works out.

Last edited:
I am sizing up, too, from a normal L to the suggested size-up XL. Like you, though, I'd rather it fit snug rather than not tight enough for the intended benefit. Will be interesting to see how the sizing works out.
I’m not super confident in my choice but I rather have it a bit larger than smaller.

I normally wear a small, and wear it in some of the European brand shirts I buy. I think I should stay where Im comfortable and used to. Not sure, but I feel like the shirt should fit relatively snug for the "tech" to work. I almost think that wearing it too big may do it a disservice? Can someone potentially comment on that?

One aspect of this test that I'm excited about ... one of my proper golf posture "keys" is to feel a gentle squeeze of the shoulder blades during setup and prior to the backswing. Nothing hard that would create tension, but just enough to know that I'm in a good setup posture. If the Forme polo can do this for me without any conscious thought, I will be a very happy camper.

Last edited:
I am having a burger for lunch, so I am now more confident in my decision to go with the XL.

I'll go with what my mom used to say, stand up straight.
Is that not what this shirt seeks to encourage? I know poor posture contributes to my belly. If I stand or sit up straight, much of it goes away. I've seen the same thing in other people--particularly in the gym.

Just wearing one of my more snug Under Armour tees encourages me to improve my posture, because I can feel its pressure on my middle when I slack off. I'm not talking about pulling my middle in, so much as sitting or standing with better posture. (Though doing so does require you tighten your abs.)

Is that not what this shirt seeks to encourage? I know poor posture contributes to my belly. If I stand or sit up straight, much of it goes away. I've seen the same thing in other people--particularly in the gym.

Just wearing one of my more snug Under Armour tees encourages me to improve my posture, because I can feel its pressure on my middle when I slack off. I'm not talking about pulling my middle in, so much as sitting or standing with better posture. (Though doing so does require you tighten your abs.)
I hope it works. I will just continue with the sound of my mom in my ear saying my full name to sit up straight.

Pro tip: if you sign up for their email list, you get a code for 10% off your first order.

I'm really looking forward to hearing (errr reading) everyone's thoughts on this!

Got my information in, and I am really looking forward to getting the polo in my hands. I have been acutely aware of my poor posture all weekend.

Clicked the link and took a quick look at their site. As someone else posted, how does sizing up affect the posture correction the shirt is supposed to engender. And if I'm playing golf, I don't want anything fitting me too tightly. Also, under the posture correction list was "shoulders back". How does that help you with your golf stance and/or swing?

I have very good posture. Every suit or sport coat I ever bought, I had to have the "neck roll" below the collar taken out. I once asked a tailer about this, and he told me that it was because I stand erect with my shoulders back. He said a lot of off the rack jackets are designed for people who slouch! One of the crazy things you learn over time.

Clicked the link and took a quick look at their site. As someone else posted, how does sizing up affect the posture correction the shirt is supposed to engender. And if I'm playing golf, I don't want anything fitting me too tightly. Also, under the posture correction list was "shoulders back". How does that help you with your golf stance and/or swing?

I have very good posture. Every suit or sport coat I ever bought, I had to have the "neck roll" below the collar taken out. I once asked a tailer about this, and he told me that it was because I stand erect with my shoulders back. He said a lot of off the rack jackets are designed for people who slouch! One of the crazy things you learn over time.
I am with you on your questions, and it's something I hope to help answer when I get the polo in hand (especially the sizing one).

I really don’t care how good this shirt is. For $198 I could get a lot more than 1 polo!
I am out!

I really don’t care how good this shirt is. For $198 I could get a lot more than 1 polo!
I am out!
I get and share the sticker shock. But a couple of follow up questions, because I am genuinely curious.

1. Would you consider it if the price was $100, and would you pay $100 for a high quality polo, in general?

2. What if it relieved back pain or gave another type of tangible benefit? Would that change your decision?

I ask these because I am also a bit surprised by the price. But then I also thought about all of the $80 to $100 polos I have from Puma and Peter Millar and others, and those tend to be my favorite ones and get the most wear. And then I thought about all the money I have spend on pain relief devises as I get older like a Theragun, and some rollers, and several other items all of which try to help my discomforts as I get older. So when I look at the total picture, I can definitely put the price in perspective.

All of that said, it needs to perform in a tangible way for me to consider purchasing one. When I get mine in hand, I am going to wear it as often as possible so I can really see whether the value is there.

Back