Forum Downtime Saturday 9/14 at 2pm EST

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Tomorrow is the day! We will be making the switch to the new forum software so the forums will be down starting at 2pm EST and will be down for several hours.

At the earliest we are looking at being back up at 8pm EST. We will keep everyone updated on social media about the status.

Ok so what you're saying is, go ahead and count on needing therapy to cope with the downtime on Saturday. Got it. :act-up:

Reactions: JB
I hope we don't crash the site when at about the same time we all see on social media that the Forums are back online. It could be kind of like the Grab Bags last year.

I'm going to hold out hope that this update somehow allows me to see the forum like everyone else.

Looking forward to the update!!! Sounds like it will be amazing!!
:clapp:

Excited to see it when it's ready!

BlueHen2006;n8907676 said:
Excited to see it when it's ready!

We are excited for everybody to check it out.
First look will come tomorrow night later at night (hopefully).
Then Sunday we figure everybody will be able to jump in and check it out.

There will be a thread where GG outlines so many of the new features to help people learn the new system.

Thanks for all the hard work, software upgrades are always stressful, no matter when they happen. Have a drink standing by for when it’s all done.

I gotta say Im pretty excited about the update.

I have spent the last 6 hours in hotel room in North Carolina trying to get everything ready for the switch tomorrow. My stomach is in knots, I am so nervous about this, I really hope it goes smoothly!!!

GolferGal;n8907780 said:
I have spent the last 6 hours in hotel room in North Carolina trying to get everything ready for the switch tomorrow. My stomach is in knots, I am so nervous about this, I really hope it goes smoothly!!!

You got this. Thanks for all the work it's taking too make this suck a great community!

It'll be fine, and everyone should be on the golf course hacking away at 2pm anyway!

GolferGal;n8907780 said:

Just think about all the sleep you will be able to get after this is done. You know, more than 30 minutes a night.

GolferGal;n8907780 said:

It will all go smoothly and be topnotch!!! No need to worry GG it will be awesome.

I hope it goes smoothly and I am excited about the new features.

GolferGal;n8907780 said:

Thank you and JB for giving us this place to call home, to meet new people and to live this game we love. All will go as it will go, you have done the work and its time to make the change. If its up at 8, fine. If its later, fine again. Your family will be here when it ready, because that's what we are, a family......thank you the door will open when its open and we'll be waiting

Last edited:
GolferGal;n8907780 said:
You should have no fear - smooth or not we know how much you put into this site. None of this would be possible without all you and JB do for us. Just sayin...

This excites me! HUGE change, and an AWESOME one incoming!

If you build it, they will come.

Perhaps a sleepless night but we will be there at go live. Good luck!

Good luck with the switch you guys! I'm excited to see the new look.

Good luck, fun times :)

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Today. It’s the day!

A little down time is well worth it based on the enthusiasm from the staff!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119d6ae43ea4e353aabc31163150daea2a10a55cb7&rid=giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif?cid=790b76119d6ae43ea4e353aabc31163150daea2a10a55cb7&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76119d6ae43ea4e353aabc31163150daea2a10a55cb7&rid=giphy.gif
    826.3 KB · Views: 0
Back