Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a challenge to me....better sign up

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
- currently in flux, Titleist ProV1 for the past 5 years or so.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
- Callaway Tour iS and TM Penta. I hit a lot of Pinnacle Gold Balls when I figure I'm going to lose it in the prairie.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
- Spin, the ball needs to hit a green and stay on it. I don't care if it releases some, but I don't like a ball that hits the green and proceeds to roll off, when hitting a 7 iron or higher.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
- It'd be a side by side comparison. I'd stack it up against ProV1, Callaway Tour iS and TM Penta, since they are all in my arsenal at the moment. It would include such things as trajectory, spin on the greens (spin from full swing, pitching and chipping) and distance of course. I have yet to find a ball that matters much when it comes to side to side movement, but who knows, maybe this ball will fly straighter or curve more than some of the others I hit. I once hit a Long Drive ball, it looked like it had 100 dimples on it, but it took some work to get side spin on the ball. Nonetheless, I live 2 blocks from my local muni course, and on most weekdays, I'm usually the only one out there golfing, so it's pretty easy to try out balls on the wider fairways.

As far as activity level, I'd say I'm average on number of posts compared to many on here. I get on here most weekdays, browse around, read and post, on a daily basis. In fact, THP is the worse thing to ever happen to my work productivity. :D

~Rock

I'd definitely love to review them! Heck anything that could potentially make my game better, I will take a look at. I know I was TM bias when I first joined. But my Vokey's have shown me the light gleaming on other manufacturers.

I've done it a couple times and enjoyed it.

My only worry is that I would lose them to the water and woods gods too quick. hahaha

I'll stay out of this one. I want to focus on the Swing Thought testing, and I don't think it would be fair for me to take the opportunity away from others. Also, I lose balls pretty easily, so I may not be the best candidate.

My only worry is that I would lose them to the water and woods gods too quick. hahaha

That's funny you say that. It can happen, especially when you are looking at testing a sleeve rather than a dozen. I was very new to the game when I tested the Pentas and it was a real gamble.

I have been thinking about this as I watch the testing threads come and go. While I know first hand that it is not true, you think that many forum members think "If I get selected to test golf balls, then I will not have a chance to test (insert next club testing here)" and that is why fewer people sign up to test balls, training aids, etc?

Personally, I believe that PROVING you can test something besides a club adequately leads to potentially more testing opportunities as they become available.

Sorry to steer this thread further off track!

It really has nothing to do with it as the last two weeks have proved, but I am sure a few feel that way.
Maybe some others could look at it as a chance to show that they can be a productive tester.

I guess people really do prefer to test irons, drivers, hybrids and other equipment to golf balls.
I would think that most do the testing for the fun and to help others out.
Apparently some just want the free gear....Who would have thunk it. :alien:

Sure does seem that way right now. I was shocked to see the few number entries. As a consumer, I read numerous reviews before I but any product, so I'm just glad that I can help review this stuff.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

<------ will gladly pick up others slack :)

I guess people really do prefer to test irons, drivers, hybrids and other equipment to golf balls.
I would think that most do the testing for the fun and to help others out.
Apparently some just want the free gear....Who would have thunk it. :alien:

--
tapatalk

It really has nothing to do with it as the last two weeks have proved, but I am sure a few feel that way.
Maybe some others could look at it as a chance to show that they can be a productive tester.

That's the way I look at it, prove you can do a good job and you have a better chance to be selected again

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
Srixon Trispeed Tour Yellow. Ball flight is nice with better than average distance. Has plenty of spin around the greens.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
Taylormade burner tour balls & Polara

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
Feel is important both off the driver and short irons. I like a ball that I can launch with the big stick and still have better than average spin around the greens.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I generally compare the test ball with two other balls. It's fun to see how it compares to a economy ball and then throw it up against one of the tour level balls.
I comment daily on various threads, initiate my own threads, and have been involved with previous ball, equipment, and miscellaneous items during testing for THP

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Current ball Nike Tour D due to the lower flight that I get compared to Pro V1
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Testing Nike 20XI X and due to have Bridgestone fitting this Saturday
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Look for a ball that will give a penetrating flight with driver but not too hard a feel off the irons. I don't have issues with lack of spin.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would certainly have to compare the new ball with the Tour D and also both types of Pro V1 which are what many would say are the industry standard ones. As a newbie I am still at the stage of trying to provide helpful replies to posts.

Yet another great opportunity from THP. I would love to try to get in on this one but I an afraid I would lose the balls before I had a chance to form an opinion about them.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330RX. I've gone through the online fitting and this is the ball that was recommended I use.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Nike 20xi, Callaway Diablo Tour, Diablo and Tour iz

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? A little more distance but with feel and control.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on testing the ball on my indoor putting green, the local courses green for chipping and putting and nothing can test better then actual course play each weekend. My activity level on THP is fairly active. :)

I have never been selected for testing, but I really want to just test anything. I think the testing of golf balls is pretty cool. As I said when I signed up...I am testing plenty of balls now and would love to add these to the testers. I actually said that the Penta and ProV1x were my favorite balls so far, but the Callaway I(z) became a front runner tonight. Getting to test golf balls would be great.... not sure why others are staying away from this one. Maybe it's the $5 shipping or that they have already found their favorite ball and don't want anything to come in the way of that. Either way, I am shocked at how very little THPers have signed up for this.

I put my name in the hat for all testing, i dont care what it is, i just want to give honest feedback of the product whether it be golf balls, clubs, braclets, divot tool, training aid, etc...

I have never been selected for testing, but I really want to just test anything. I think the testing of golf balls is pretty cool. As I said when I signed up...I am testing plenty of balls now and would love to add these to the testers. I actually said that the Penta and ProV1x were my favorite balls so far, but the Callaway I(z) became a front runner tonight. Getting to test golf balls would be great.... not sure why others are staying away from this one. Maybe it's the $5 shipping or that they have already found their favorite ball and don't want anything to come in the way of that. Either way, I am shocked at how very little THPers have signed up for this.

It better not be the shipping charges as much as JB and GG shell out!! I saw the post yesterday while eating lunch and was really torn if I should sign up since I was picked last week to test the Yonex. But when I opened the thread this morning and saw the turn out I entered. I still think others should be picked and take advantage of the opportunity.
I'm shocked that JB had to post thoughts, as he did, in a testing thread. I thought more would jump at a chance to share their thoughts.
I'm in, I'll test both the balls and the Yonex. Happy to help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to testing a product, I look at it as a learning opportunity. Instead of just swinging and hoping or gripping and ripping, gives you an opportunity to pay attention to your game. In this case for balls, a lot of people just think a ball is a ball is a ball, but going out and playing to solely focus on your game and how the ball can change it for better or worse sound like a great way to improve.

JB, would the shipping costs be payed via PayPal?

It better not be the shipping charges as much as JB and GG shell out!! I saw the post yesterday while eating lunch and was really torn if I should sign up since I was picked last week to test the Yonex. But when I opened the thread this morning and saw the turn out I entered. I still think others should be picked and take advantage of the opportunity.
I'm shocked that JB had to post thoughts, as he did, in a testing thread. I thought more would jump at a chance to share their thoughts.
I'm in, I'll test both the balls and the Yonex. Happy to help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that. I almost didn't enter just because I will be testing the 2.0 irons, but with the small interest, I jumped in. I need some nice, new balls to hit with these irons, haha!

Yes it would.

Okay, I will go ahead and throw in, if that is okay. Gimme a minute to type up my entry.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Callaway Tour I(S). I love the soft feel it provides off of every club, it gives me a great, penetrating trajectory off the tee and does not give me issues with side spin. It is very spinny off irons and wedges and around the greens, giving me some shot making versatility.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? HX Diablo, TaylorMade Penta, Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1X.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good distance, nice amount of spin off the irons, soft feel with a little bit of resiliency, and a durable cover.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am very active on THP. I log on often, post every day, and just generally like it here. I have been in on numerous testings for golf balls, and I think I have a pretty solid plan down. In this order-

1. I will test for feel off of every club.
2. I will test distance and controllability off every club.
3. I will check for spin from a variety of distances.
4. Full rounds of golf with the ball, noting its strengths and weaknesses.
5. I will test durability in a dedicated, 1 hour stress test, in which I basically put them through golf ball hell. Full wedges, into trees, off of concrete, out of sand, the works. If there is a flaw in the durability of the ball, I will find it.

Rinse and repeat.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I am currently playing the Penta to support my sponsor for TMC.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Polara, '11 ProV1 and ProV1x, Burner Tour, Tour i(s), e5, e6

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I like distance off of the tee, but still maintaining a softer feel around the green.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have a putting green in my basement to practice on, will be spending time on the range 2+ evenings during the week, and play every weekend. With work starting to slow down the golf season truly begins. I am on THP daily reading posts and commenting where I see fit. I will be adding reviews/thoughts/pics/vids to the TaylorMade Staff threads and main thread leading up to The Morgan Cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back