Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330-RX I went through Bridgestone Chat fitting and this is the ball that was reccomended for me. I also play the Callaway Diablo Tour, I bought a sleeve to try out and liked them.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I have tested the Bridgestone E6 orange golf ball for
THP and Bridgestone, I have also played with the Nike 20XI, and the Srixon Z-Star.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I look for less spin and distance with a soft feel and not an excessive amout of roll out on the green.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would put these into play on their own and get my thoughts and impression and post them on here. I would use GPS to measure distances with different clubs. I would work around the practice green on chipping and putting to give feed back on the short game. After some testing using this method then I would put the ball into play in a head to head shoot out with both the balls that I am currently gaming. Once again GPS would be used to provide distances. I have been a member on THP for about 2 years and have been involved in several testings and spend time on here on almost a daily basis with multiple posts on quite a few of those days.

Would love to do some testing!!!

Would love to do some testing!!!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Taylormade Penta TP - Love the distance it provides and the ability to stop the ball on the green with short irons along with its touch around and on the green.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Nike One Tour, Taylormade Burner Tour, Titleist Prov1x.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Low spin rate off drives, but high spin rate and soft feel on irons and around the green.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Start with putting and work way out to longer clubs, play multiple rounds with the balls, and provide feedback on all different types of shots.

1. Current Ball - Srixon Z-Star (Yellow)

2. Recently Tested Golf Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX, Nike 20XI-X

3. Look for: Consistency, low-spin off driver, high spin off wedges

4. I play nearly everyday. I also play in 2-3 tournaments per month. I would plan to use the ball in practice rounds and if it plays acceptaby, in tournament play. Will also play rounds with this ball in direct competition to my Z-Star.

I've been a member since 2010, but have really only recently re-discovered this site. In the past week I've started a few new threads, and I have responded to several others. I expect to maintain this higher level of participation for the forseeable future.

Thanks for the consideration.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone e5; gets up in the air better, the urethane cover gives great spin with the wedge and good feel off the putter. Also, more durable than most tour balls

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Titleist NXT Tour, Bridgestone B330-RX (liked it a lot), Bridgestone e6

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good feel off the putter, mid-high spin with wedges, decent distance, durabilty

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 27 holes each week, along with 1-2 range sessions; at the range, I spend about 45 min on the short (at a practice green and off the ground) and 45 min on the irons and driver. I plan to give feedback on every part of gold (distance, long irons spin, wedge spin, etc.). I have just recently become a member, but I was reading the forums and reviews for over a year before, as well as following THP radio. Since becoming a member, I haven't posted that often, though I browse the forums almost daily.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Titleist Pro V1. Great spin around the greens and good distance. Penta good ball flight and good spin.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? for THP I have onle tested the Polara, as for myself, I have tested the New Nike 20XIs, The entire Bridgestone RX and E series.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good distance and ball checking up well on full shots into green. straight ball flight. I also look for a lower ball flight as I hit the ball high.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am participating in the SeeMore putter testing and the polar golf Ball testing. I play golf 3-4 times per week as well as have practice sessions. I like to try different golf balls. I am always searching for a better ball.
I also have 4 boys that play golf as much as I do and their handicap is much different then mine so I let them try different stuff as well.
I believe one advantage I have is I belong to a country club that gets very little play in the evening so it allows me to play two or three balls during a round to compare results form the same shots.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? - TaylorMade Penta TP. It seems to have a nice combo of distance & spin and I like the feel off the putter
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? -
Nike 20Xi-X, Callaway HX Diablo Tour
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? -
As a mid handicaper, distance, minimal side spin and feel off the putter
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
- Usually play the weekends and maybe once or twice during the week. Always looking for that combo of distance and short game/putting feel. I am actively on THP daily.

Thanks for the consideration

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? TM Burner Tour. Provides me with good distance off the tee and still soft and responsive around the greens. Nice price point too.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone e6, Polara anti-slice ball, TM Burner LDP, Nike PD Long
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance off the tee, spin reduction to keep me on the fairway, and soft and responsive on the greens.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play a round at least once a week in addition to living only 5 minutes from the range which I've been going to at least once a week as well. For those days when I'm not on the course or the range, I also hit balls into a chipping net that I've set up in my backyard.

Many thanks to THP and the mystery golf ball company for another great opportunity!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
I play bridgestone b330 or srixon z star because I like a ball to give me distance off the tee and good feedback around the greens. I like softer golf balls.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
Recently I have been playing around with the taylormade penta and the bridgestone b330rx which I have been playing with a fair amount.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
It needs to be soft and relatively durable. Good greenside response I.e. chips and pitches need a good feel off the face.
Also distance off the tee.

I play golf at least once a week and practise at least twice. I will put the ball to the test in as many different situations as possible and give feedback after every session.
As for activity level I am trying to be more active and I am just enjoying being a member and contributing to threads! I really enjoy the forum, it's a part of my daily routine :)

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Currently gaming Titleist Pro V1. I like how soft it is on putts and the responsiveness with my wedges and irons. Distance with driver isn't too bad, either. Control > Distance for me.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I tried Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone B330, and Nike One.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I love working the ball with my shots. Ball needs to be responsive on the greens with iron and wedge play while being soft with the putter. I'd rather sacrifice distance for control with my shots.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 3-4 times a week, usually quick 9 holes after work. I would compare the characteristics between my current Pro V1 Vs. test ball and compare/contrast the two. I would also do a wedge comparison to see how much the test ball would spin on the green as well as feel off the putter and irons. Driver distantance comparison would be performed between the Pro V1 and the test ball.

Although I'm new to the THP community, I'm constantly looking up info and reading reviews from other members.

Last edited:
I love me some ball testing...

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Callaway Tour i(s) / Got a great deal on them and I was curious to how they perform.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway Tour i(s), Polara, TM Burner Tour, Srixon TriSpeed Tour Yellow
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I noticed I tend to do better with the "spinnier" type balls. I also like the feel of the softer covers they produce when putting.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan: I play 18 at least once a week and I always play multiple shots with my current ball for comparison reasons. Chipping and putting I can do separately at a local course practice area. I can also measure distance with GPS as well as a rangefinder. Activity level: I'm an active member and have done previous product reviews for THP including golf balls.

Thanks again THP and mystery ball company for this wonderful opportunity.

I hope no one takes offense to me throwing my name in the ring. I figure I can test balls at the same time I test irons.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330 RX yellow--Incredible distance off the tee and nice predictable spin on the greens. Very nice feel off the putter
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? TM Burner Tours which I really liked and is my cheap ball of choice.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I look more for distance off the tee. I don't mind if the ball hops and stops on the green as I'm used to that not happening. Distance off the tee sets up a lot more things than hop and stop can
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? WEll I will be playing a lot of golf while testing the Nike Pro Combos so at the same time I can give my impressions of the golf ball as well.

Thank you so much THP & Mystery company for yet another great opportunity. I just love testing things.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I'm between bridgestone b-330rx, and srixon z star, the z star gives me more green side spin but the bridgestone gives be a little more distance and feels better off the putter

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone e6 Nike 20xi s

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Control I will give up distance for short iron control

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? play at least about twice a week and on a league, ill give my honest feedback on how the ball performs off every type of club and many lies

I now tap while I talk

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I prefer the NXT Tour
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Ive tried the TM Penta, and the Bridgestone E6
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I like a responsive ball with good distance off of the tee
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I hit balls every day and i play 1-2 times per week. I havent been a member long, but i get on whenever i can:blob:

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? TaylorMade Penta TP. I used to play ProV1, then the ProV1x. I switched to this initially because of the fact it had 5 layers. The more I played it, the more I liked it. The feel off the putter is so soft, and I get great distance and plenty of spin. It's a great all around ball in my opinion.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I have not tried anything recently, but would love to try the 20XI and B330-S, or any ball that can beat out the Penta.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I like the ball to give me distance first off, but I also like there to be plenty of spin for my approach shots. I also think the ball should feel good.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf between 3 and 5 times a week, so these balls would get a lot of testing on the course. I plan to put them up against the Penta, and I could even test them against the e6 balls my dad uses. As far as activity, now that school is over, I have a golf-filled summer ahead, so I'll be on here, Facebook, and Twitter daily posting my feedback, sharing my thoughts, and answering any questions that people may have.

Thanks for the opportunity THP and mystery ball company!

Thanks to THP and the mystery golf ball company. Here are my responses:

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I play either TaylorMade Penta TP or Callaway Tour i(z)
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? - I have tried the ProV 1, the Bridgestone B330, and the MacGregor VIP
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? - I look for short game control followed by distance.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I have access to a driving range that has a nice chipping and putting area. I plan on testing the new ball against my Callaway's and probably the MacGregor. I would hit chips from various distances and lies, with both my 56* and 52*, and focus on check-up/roll-out consistency. I would also game the balls on the course and compare not just total distance, but repeatable distance and trajectory with the driver and irons. Finally, I like a ball that has a little bit of a click on contact when putting - not a marshmallow. So I would report on putting acoustics/dynamics compared to my gamer golfballs.

Awesome opportunity! Thanks THP (and mystery company)!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Callaway HX Hot Plus, good distance and low spin seems to help me with a little more distance and a lot less slice off the tee
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway Warbirds, Fuzzs, & Callaway HX Hots. Hots were good but the Plus are definitly better for my game right now.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Multipiece, good distance ball that does not produce a lot of spin and holds up well through a round. I feel sometimes people play balls that are above their game, I look for a ball that fits mine. I have improved to consistant 90s but do not pocess the control for soft, high spin balls. I want a ball that feels good around the greens but sometimes have to sacrifice that for one that helps reduce my slice.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My activity level golfing year has been off the chart, you can verify this with Chunkylover77 and Yorkem who both work in my office. I play at least 4-5 times a week. I hit 9 after work Mondays & Wednesdays. I hit the driving range Tuesdays & sometimes Thursdays. I play 2 rounds on weekends and play on about dozen different courses throughout the Raleigh area. As for my testing plan. I would break it down into 3 parts Driver & Woods, Irons, and short game. I would log my hits on a notebook and play courses I am very familiar with and know where my shots go now. I would use my shot tracker for my drives and irons. For my short game I would test chipping and putting for 1 hour sessions on local practice greens that I am very knowledgable with and compare multiple shots with my present ball. I will check for distance, roll, feel and overall performance. I will report after each session and would provide updates for as long as you request.

Last edited:
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone E6. Price is a big factor. Helps me hit the most fairways off the tee and although it does not quite check up like some premium balls around the green, it seems to get the job done.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone B330 RX, Bridgestone B330S.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I like something that will be straight and consistent off the tee with as much feel and spin possible around the green at a fair price.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would submit reviews/thought after each round. Typically I have been playing a couple times a week as work/weather permits. I will compare against the Bridgestone balls I have played in the last few months as well as The Taylormade Penta TP's I just got in the mail. I have been a part of THP since March and post only when I think I am adding something to the conversation or are welcoming a new member to this great site as I was so warmly welcomed. I am usually on the thread daily for checking something out.

Thanks THP and Mystery Company for another great testing opportunity
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Srixon Zstar, consistent performance, great feel and spin, very very durable, does everything i need/want
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? ALLOT, Bridgestone B330 series, Tour i(s) and i(z), Penta, Nike 20XIs, E6
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good spin, durability, soft feel, consistent, lower spin off the tee
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP- I play multiple times a week and hit the range and putting green multiple times a week, anywhere from 2-5 times a week i play, i am very active on THP with over 20 post a day, i will give honest feedback whether it be good or bad, the truth is the best and that is what you will get

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Titlesit NXT based on a combination of quality and cost
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I recently tried the Taylormade Burner
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? good feel around and on the green with adequate distance characteristics as well
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to give the balls a good overall workout, but you would have to remember that my results would be based on a swing speed of about 90 mph.

Thanks for the opportunity to be considered!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?-Bridgestone B-330. I like the feel off the tee and the check around greens. I also feel like they are on the forefront of ball technology. The durability is great as well.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? All of em. Titleist,Callaway,Penta & Srixon
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?It has to be a complete ball. I want distance,feel, durability and accuracy.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play in a mens league twice a week and practice 3 times a week. I would give a rundown from driver,mid irons,wedges the hole kit and kaboodle.

1. Pro-V1x Because I like the extra spin I get on it around the greens plus the soft cover just feels right
2. Taylormade Penta and the Pro-v1s and the B330-RXs along with the NXT
3. Good distance but also enough spin around the greens. But most importantly durability I don't like using golf balls that don't last 3 holes
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Use the putting greens and chipping greens and see how the ball reacts and compare it to the ones I'm looking into right now. Use them out on the course from different distances(less than 50 yards to 100 to 150) And then test different ball flights off the tee. My activity is very high I am not always on one forum/area. I'm all over THP from equipment to random topics. I'm all over this place but I make quality posts and give input where it is needed

Thanks again THP

Last edited:
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Callaway Tour i(s), it feels soft of the clubs and have decent distance. But the spin around the green is what makes this my favourite.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone e6 (it kept ballooning on me), prov1 (decent replacement for the i(s)), prov1x, nxt tour, pts roll, laddie, top flite xl2000 and the list goes on and on. I like to test different balls from time to time to see if they actually make a difference in my game, or it`s only between my ears.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Not to much spin of the driver and good spin with the wedges.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I visit the thp forum every time I turn on my lap top, it`s the first thing I do actually. Try to write a bit, but shut up when someone else knows better. My testing plan would be side to side comparing of different balls on the short game practice area, and on course testing would be playing to different balls to see the difference on the two in real situations.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330-S. Very durable, Low driver spin, great grip and spin around the greens.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Nike 20XI-X, Titleist Pro V1, Callaway tour i(z), and Wilson FG Tour.
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Durability, feel/distance/spin of a hard ball off the driver, grip/spin/height of a soft ball on the irons, and doesn't feel like i'm putting a stone.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? The ball will be played at least 3 times a week on the course and will be tested in all game aspects. My activity is pretty solid since joining, and am on the computer daily, since its my job. I will have no problem with updates.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
Right now I switch between the NXT and the Bridgestone e6. I like that both of the dont spin as much and help me control shots around the green.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
As of late we I have tried the TM Penta and some Titleist Prototype
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
A BALL THAT WONT LOSE! jk. i like a soft feel, but nothing that will get chewed up from my wedges.
Right of the bat I will play it as my gamer. Not better way then going out there and just going straight to it. Afterwards ill take it to the practice green as well to really give it a feel. ill make sure to try all my clubs and give a good comparison between woods, irons, hybrids, and putter. I am on here daily. Only recently discovering the site, it has now become my favorite was to kill time at work!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330-RX, I like the softer feel and consistent ball flight
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone B330S, Taylormade Penta
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Consistent ball flight with driver and irons, being able to stop it on the green, and a soft feel with the putter
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would take these balls out on the course at least once a week, as well as numerous sessions on the chipping and putting greens at my course. I am on THP everyday, to see what is new and what everyone is up to. I post input and thoughts when I have something to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back