Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Srixon Z Star X - Yellow. These balls give me the most consistency off of my irons & the tee. They are a pleasure to putt also.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? - Penta, E6, Wilson Zip, Pro V1

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? - I want the ball to be very predictable & boring. I love to know that when I putt a good shot/stroke on the ball that it will go where it should, but also have the feel & responsiveness to let me know what I did wrong on the off shots.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I enjoy heading to the range in between rounds on the weekend. I have been playing golf each weekend weather permitting & have been able to golf 36 holes each weekend for the past 2 months. I am able to differentiate between different characteristics of different balls in order to form an educated opinion & provide feedback that is both informative & insightful. I would be able to convey my thoughts & feelings on the ball through the forums on THP.

Thank you for this opportunity THP.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?

Titleist ProV1. I have been playing Titleist for 30 years. Sometimes I find a ball that makes it into my bag for a while but I seem to come back to Titleist.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?

I am currently trying the Taylor Made Penta via their give away. So far, I like it but need more testing on my home course.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?

Feel and spin around the greens are most important for me. I am not a long hitter so distance would be nice but I am convinced that the limits placed on balls for velocity are real and that my distance is dependent on sing speed not ball technology.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I practice almost daily and play once or twice each week. I check THP several times each day and post when I think I can contribute.

Thanks THP and mystery ball company.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Taylormade Penta - the ball does all I want. It feels good off the tee, with the slice I've been fighting, it's pretty darn straight. Around the green though is where I love this ball. It just does what I want. The spin and responsiveness are nice and it seems durable.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone E6+, Titleist ProV1 & ProV1x, Taylormade TP black LDP, Noodle, Nike PD soft, Callaway Warbird
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Straight, long, responsive on the greens....want it to release when I want but also spin when I want. Good roll when putting.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I love this site and try to always be active (though I've been away a couple days on a business trip). I would hit the chipping/putting greens daily and try to play at least once a week a full 18. If given the honor to test I would work the he!! out of the balls and post daily my thoughts and feedback.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Taylormade Penta, good distance and feel off the tee, nice control and spin with irons and wedges around the greens.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway tour is/ix, bridgestone B330rx, titleist ProV1, taylormade tp black/red
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Control around the greens and with irons, but without a large sacrifice of distance off the tee.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? As I have recently tested a number of balls and still are I would have a number of brands to compare to. I would do extensive on course testing with whatever brand and compare this to my past experiences with different balls. I would be able to post reviews and replies everyday as I am on THP everyday. I am a fairly new member but post whenever I feel I can add something to a conversation.

Pro V1x is my goto ball for important events. I use it partly because of performance off irons with good distance and excellent stopping power. Also, short game performance is very good with adequate spin out of rough, good spin off tight lies and it feels good off the putter. But the Pro V1x performance off the driver is where the Pro V1x excels. I am a high ball hitter and this ball gives me a lot of extra distance out of that high trajectory, this is the major advantage of this Pro V over the other balls I have been testing lately. I would not even look at another ball if the cover were more durable, after four or five holes this Pro V is really chewed up by wedges so I have tried a couple of other balls recently looking for more durability.

Bridgestone B330 S for a month or so, it performed as well as the Pro V in almost every aspect and the cover is a bit more durable. For a week and half, I used the Taylormade Penta Tp and found it to be an excellent ball as well with performance very similar to the Pro V1x but, alas, the durability of the cover is very similar as well.

I expect the ball to feel soft but crisp off the irons; to spin off irons, both full and partial shots; to give me that extra carry off the driver; and to be durable enough to last a full round.

Testing would begin at the short game practice areas and short course to see how the ball "feels" chipping, putting and pitching up to 100 yards. Results would be posted here for each aspect of the tests. Then to the course for some practice rounds during the week to test performance off irons, FW wood and driver--I play 2-3 rounds during the week, again, the results will be noted here on THP. If the ball measures up, I would use it on Saturday and Sunday. If the ball should fall short, the specifics would be posted here.

THP activity for me consists of tons of reading on the forums, the home page, and watching the videos, etc. I have and do comment in the forums and shared quiet a few photos of courses from around the country. (more to come as I get time to post them)

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I've been gaming the taylormade tp black lately. I like the distance I get from this ball and the spin from my short irons and wedges. Plus I like how it feels with my Putter on the greens.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Srixon tri-speed callaway tour ix taylormade burner tp 2010 version callaway hx hot Nike power distance soft.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I like good driver distance but more importantly I like green side feel for good control with my wedgea. I'm trying to hone my short game so I can really shave off some strokes from my handicap

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm constantly looking at Thp during the day I dont post more than one or two comments a day. I will be on the sure more during the day and a little less during the night. I like to enjoy my evenings with my wife. The weekends I will hop on Thp a few times to catch up on some new posts and leave a comment it two. Testing would be my normal 2-3 rounds a week and compare the ball given to me against my current ball of choice. I would post my feedback on Thp after every round I played and give a rundown of how the ball worked during my round.

Thanks again to Thp for another chance to test out some golf equipment.

I am currently playing the Srixon AD*333. These are fairly popular here in the UK, and to be blunt I've found 3 or 4 on our local course and thought I would give them a try. Turns out it's a good solid ball with plenty of distance from the tee, but maintains a softish feel around the green. One of the big pluses for me is that it feels very soft off the face of the putter.

I've played recently with Titleist NXT Tour and Pro1 VX Balls of which I prefer the latter. I've also had experience with the Callaway Warbird of late which has a similar feel to the Srixon AD*333

Most important thing for me is feeling around the green. I tend to choose my golf balls based on my short game rather than anything off the tee.

Currently playing at my local golf club 2-3 times a week, so will have plenty of opportunity to test a different ball. Only recently joined THP, but have spent a fair bit of time trolling the boards over the last few months so decided it was time to sign up and get involved.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Currently going back and forth between the Callaway Diablo Tour and Bridgestone E6. Both balls have their strong suits and weaknesses. They both shine in distance and limited sidespin that produces better dispersion off the tee ball. The downside is that they are not great in the short game arena and that hurts my greenside play (longer putts), which has always been a strong suit.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? In addition to the balls noted above I have played the Srixon Z-Star and Taylormade Burner Tour this season.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Ideally the combination of distance, accuracy, and short game performance. As a trade off I have been sacrificing the short game performance and I'm realizing that is a mistake.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm on THP multiple times a day but read far more than I post. As a tester I play 2-3 rounds per week and have the ability to put a ball through the paces and report in multiple times a week on the results and compare/contrast my experience to other testers.

Thanks for the opportunity.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Currently playing taylormade burner I like the distance I get out of them and I am able to make them stick on the green, they are lacking a little in the spin department but I like the distance I get with them with my irons and on my tee shots

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway Warbird, Slazenger Raw Distance

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Right now mainly distance and as long as I can make it stop on the green thats good enough for me ( I dont have great spin control with my short game right now, Im slowly working on that)

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Right now I play about 3 full rounds of 18 a week and Im at the driving range about 2 days a week, also I play a lot of chip and putt courses nearby because my young daughter is just starting out and its great for her since she's still a little to young to take on a full 18 hole course so I would be testing about 3-5 times a week, my activity level on THP is low because Im relatively new but I plan on posting some more on this site about topics that I can add feedback to

Golf ball testing....sweet!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I have been gaming the new Nike 20X1
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I have not officially tested a ball for THP. that being said I've put in play the MG pro series ball, New v old pro v1
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I really like a ball that planes out when hit correctly so I can maximize my distance. That same ball needs to spin and check around the greens.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? After I mark the balls I'll put them into play against my current ball. The test ball for 9 and my ball for 9. I'll putt with it and chip with it a few times a week.
As far as activity level, I just passed 1000 entries, I was recently chosen to test the new Yonex hybrid, thanks to THP and Yonex. And I'm on THP all the time when not working, playing golf or being a dad/husband. I am here to help if you need testers with opinions I'm in....that being said I have been chosen for another test and really would like to hear others opinions on the golf balls. I live with mine everyday. Good luck to those chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks THP and Mystery Company for the opportunity

Either the Nike One Tour or Bridgestone B330-RX. I was fitted to the Bridgestone using the online fitting tool and I like how the ball performs. I get plenty of distance from the ball and the spin I generate is perfect for me around the greens as I can usually get a fair amount of check with my wedges

Bridgestone B330S

Distance and accuracy from the tee, Durability and Short Game Control are the main things that I look for

I am addicted to THP and am on most days. My testing would start off at home on the putting mat to get a feel for how the ball reacts to my putter. I would take the balls to the course and use them in a head to head battle against my current ones to see which ones performed best. Honest feedback would be provided after every round. I plan on using the balls until the covers are worn out or they are lost (which ever comes first)

Again Many Thanks to THP and the Mystery Company for the opportunity

My ball of choice is the Bridgestone e6. The e6 has a good feel off the irons, long off the driver, and I feel it helps fight my fade. The only negative is roll out on the greens.

AD333, Gamer, Diablo and Crush have all been through a test cycle.

Good feel off irons, distance and controllable spin

The course near my office has light traffic during the week giving me the opportunity to test side by side, I also plan to spend time at the pitching range and putting green for addition side by side testing. THP activity level includes daily posts and viewing the forum multiple times during the day (including now).

Thank you THP and mystery brand for this fantastic opportunity for THP members.

Titleist ProV1. This ball simply out performed the other balls I have tested recently (see #2). It had good distance with the driver and long irons, consistent ball flight, and consistent spin with the short irons and wedges.

TM Penta, Titleist ProV1x, Srizon Z-Star, Nike One Tour.

3.What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
I look for an all around fit. It cannot be good in one area and lacking in another. I need good distance with the driver and long irons, consistent ball flight, and consistent spin with the short irons and wedges. For example, I would not play a ball that has great distance off the driver, but lacks the necessary spin off the short irons and wedges. Obviously not one ball (that I've tested) is the top in every single performance measure, but finding the best of all measures is what I look for.

I am home from college for the summer, and work at a golf course while I'm home. I practice literally everyday, and play 3-5 times a week. Generally, I go into work about 2 hours early to practice. I usually hit about 70-100 balls on the range, then go work on my short game and putting. I would test these balls daily at our short game area, and test them on the course multiple times a week as well. As far as activity level goes, I try to stay active on THP as much as possible. I am always reading threads and comment when I feel I can add something to the discussion. If chosen, I would update often, and can post pics and videos when necessary. I also have FaceBook and Twitter, so I would update those as well.

Once again THP is bringing forum testing to the masses. You guys just continue to keep pressing to be the best. Really thrilled to be along for the ride! Thought I would throw my hat in the ring.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Taylormade Penta. It provided the best performance for me based on simulator and side by side testing with other golf balls

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone B330, B330S, New ProV1 & ProV1X

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance with minimal spin off a driver and some green side spinability

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Been an active member and regular contributor on THP for 2 years. Simulator, range, practice and round testing for this golf ball. I'll test all aspects of the ball from driver to putter, durability to spinability and everything in between. I'll back up my findings with data as well as my personal and unbiased feelings. I play and practice regularly and will carry through with the testing until the end.

Looking forward to seeing who is chosen to test. Thanks again to THP for the opportunity to be a part of this.

The TaylorMade TP Black is my current ball of choice. For me, I find it to provide good distance, a nice amount of spin, and I've had good success putting with it.

At the present time, I'm testing the Taylormade Penta and Bridgestone 330-RX (yellow). The Bridgestone E7 is on my list to test but I have been waiting on my ball supply to dwindle a little more before picking them up.

At the time I started using the TP Black, I was mainly interested in distance and greenside spin/control. Since then, I've been looking for something similar in peformance, yet with a little softer feel off of the wedges. The Penta comes close, but doesn't seem quite as long off of the tee. In past comparisons against the Pro-V1x, I found it very similar to the TP Black except for whatever reason, I had significant difficulty with distance control while putting.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan would include at least 27 holes per week of actual play. During ball testing, I would spend some time on the practice greens putting and chipping and comparing to all the other brands that usually find a way into my bag. Having a short (170 yards max.) range in my yard, I could even do wedge/short iron testing at home.
My local course is not very crowded so on course, head to head comparisons could be performed rather easily.
Being a regular on THP and a THP follower on Facebook, I would be sharing the findings of the test often and could quickly respond to questions/requests from other users.

Thanks THP for another great testing opportunity!

Bridgestone B330-RX. Gives me the best performance both off the driver and short irons.

Nike One Tour-D, Srixon Trispeed Tour, TaylorMade Penta, Bridgestone e5, and Nike Vapor Speed.

Low spin off the driver, consistent reaction to iron and wedge shots into the green, and a durable cover.

The courses that I frequent have top-notch short game facilities that will give me the chance to gauge the performance of these balls alongside my current "control" ball. Also my indoor facility has launch monitors which will allow me to give feedback on how the reacts off full shots from every club in the bag. Lastly, on course testing will of course be utilized to the fullest. As to my activity level on THP, I would like to think I am an active and contributing member.

I'll be happy to slap around some new balls :golf:

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? I tend to go back and forth between the ProV1x and the Bridgestone B330-RX, don't really know why, I have played alot of balls over the past year iof so and these just seemed to perform better
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Taylormade Penta, Bridgestone B330-S, Taylormade Burner LDP, Titleist NXT and NXT Tour
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance, Durability and the ability to control the spin
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'll take the "mystery balls" out and play some practice rounds side by side alternating shots between them and my current balls and report the findings. I will measure distances with major clubs with GPS and report those totals. I have been around THp since last October but only posted a few times, came back in March and have probably averaged 3-4 post per day since then. I love it here!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?- TM Penta. I love most aspects of this ball, but I especially loves its stopping power around the greens.
2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?- Bridgestone E-6, BridgestoneB330RX, Nike 20XI,
3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?- I need a ball that will go straighter and is great with wedges. My wedge game is the best part of my game and I need a ball that will let that part of my game shine.
4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?- I play at least once a week and I plan on testing this ball against numerous other balls that I have tested and played with. I will be able to test in on the putting and chipping greens as well as on the course. I'm a big fan of head-2-head reviews so I would probably game this ball side by side with another one of its comparable competitors.

I guess people really do prefer to test irons, drivers, hybrids and other equipment to golf balls.
I would think that most do the testing for the fun and to help others out.
Apparently some just want the free gear....Who would have thunk it. :alien:

I guess people really do prefer to test irons, drivers, hybrids and other equipment to golf balls.

Hmmm. You don't say?

FYI, I want to test these golf balls :)

might be a slow week due to ppl taking off for 4th of july weekend. :dont-know:

edit - pick me! i'd be happy to review!

I have been thinking about this as I watch the testing threads come and go. While I know first hand that it is not true, you think that many forum members think "If I get selected to test golf balls, then I will not have a chance to test (insert next club testing here)" and that is why fewer people sign up to test balls, training aids, etc?

Personally, I believe that PROVING you can test something besides a club adequately leads to potentially more testing opportunities as they become available.

Sorry to steer this thread further off track!

My name is Jimmy and I'll take what you gimme syndrome! I'm more than thrilled to test golf balls. I enjoy the whole testing thing to be honest.

Hmmm. You don't say?

Me too! And yeah, we probably don't have as big of a membership rush when we do balls, training aids, etc. as when we have iron sets. Shows a lot.

Hmmm. You don't say?

Me too! I think it would be awesome to test golf balls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back