Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

God, I am in trouble then as I am resisting so much at the moment - hehe

I heard from a man who said he had once spoken to a doctor who claims that his sister's friend's boyfriend said 100% that resisting too hard will add shots to your game.

Look at them, so lovely. I actually think I'd go with the black. Loved my black TM RAC wedge, so might go back to it.

If the PW is 47 and you already have the Vokey's in 52, 56, and 60; why the need for new wedges? Also curious to know why you are looking for the Nickent Arc's instead of the Nike's?

I caught my Vokeys on ebay a few years back and have played them constantly since so they are a bit hammered and I was planning to replace them before being selected to test the Nike. I am looking to buy the Arcs because I really like the looks of them and want to hit them. They are relatively cheap as they are older clubs and I was intrigued by what Mr. Hoeflich said about them on a previous radio show. They most likely will not be my game wedges, but a set to have. I will most likely wait until I see how I am able to do with the Nike's before I purchase $300 worth of wedges. I love the way the VR wedges look and I am hopeful I can hit them. I am also interested in the MP T-11 as I have a set of older MP t-10's that I really liked.

Beowulf - gotcha; makes sense!!

Has anyone gotten their Nike irons yet?

Sounds like early next week is the anticipated date of reception, however, it hasn't stopped me from sweating every time I here a delivery truck haha!

I'm pretty sure once one of us receives our clubs we will be posting like crazy. JB said early next week they are expected to start arriving.

I know, I was just trying to get back on topic :D

I can do that!!

Any of you guys seriously pumped about hitting a 3 iron again? I haven't used one in over a year, and I really like the idea of getting one back in the bag, especially if it's got lots of jump out of the rough and reasonably forgiving. Going to be weird only having two clubs (driver 3w) at the top of my bag with headcovers though!

I can do that!!

Any of you guys seriously pumped about hitting a 3 iron again? I haven't used one in over a year, and I really like the idea of getting one back in the bag, especially if it's got lots of jump out of the rough and reasonably forgiving. Going to be weird only having two clubs (driver 3w) at the top of my bag with headcovers though!

I'm stoked to try hitting a three iron. I've never used one for anything, but punching out of trees. I only started playing about four years ago and one of my first clubs was a hybrid, so I've never even really tried hitting a three or four iron. I've had four sets of irons and three of the four were 5-PW and the other set I instantly replaced the three and four with hybrids. My buddy I play with hits his three iron off the tee on almost every hole and just crushes it out there 250. I'd be stoked with 220-230ish for sure though.

I'm eyeing up a nice 52/56 combo with them too. They'd look sweet in the bag next to the irons. I also hear that resisting the urge to buy golf clubs is bad for you. Not that I'm trying to sway you..... :D

I just traded my CG-15s in and picked up the 52/56 and 60 for £150. I couldn't resist once I saw them again. Tomorrow's first round with them will be fun!!

I'm stoked to try hitting a three iron. I've never used one for anything, but punching out of trees. I only started playing about four years ago and one of my first clubs was a hybrid, so I've never even really tried hitting a three or four iron. I've had four sets of irons and three of the four were 5-PW and the other set I instantly replaced the three and four with hybrids. My buddy I play with hits his three iron off the tee on almost every hole and just crushes it out there 250. I'd be stoked with 220-230ish for sure though.

250?! Dear lord. I'd probably sell all my woods if I could hit a 3i 250.

250?! Dear lord. I'd probably sell all my woods if I could hit a 3i 250.

He's a teaching pro and 6 foot 4. When you can practice and play everyday, plus add in the extra length of his clubs, it makes it easier. He only carries a 3 wood and hits it maybe once a round. I'm hoping my VR Pro 3 iron can be as trusty as his 3 iron is to him.

Interesting discussion regarding the 3i. I have not had one in YEARS and it is one of the clubs I am looking forward to the most that I have put a bunch of thought into. I have also struggled off the tee recently and so one of my goals will be to see if I can get off the tee with a 3i out to 225 consistently. If I can, I will be one very happy camper.

Guys we have a full thread on the wedges.
We have a full thread on the other clubs too.
Lets please keep this about the irons here.
And LASTLY...AND HOPEFULLY FOR THE LAST TIME....

We have asked repeatedly to leave the rep talk off the forum. If you got rep and dont think it is deserved, contact a mod to look into it.
THP is not a chat room, while inside jokes and banter are fine in some threads, a forum testing thread is NOT the place for it since the companies are reading it as much as you are.
If you want testing to continue, keep these threads clear of that kind of stuff

sorry about that boss, I took care of the posts

Testers - Did you all go for 3-PW or are some of you planning on keeping 3 hybrids in your setups?

Testers - Did you all go for 3-PW or are some of you planning on keeping 3 hybrids in your setups?

I think we all our receiving 3-PW since Nike really wants to know how the combo set works.

Fair enough, isn't the 4i the same style as the 3i? I just think that if you are not used to using a 3i it may be hard to adjust, but then again if they are as easy to hit as I have heard then it may not be a problem.

Looking forward to hearing all the thoughts.

Mike - I am getting the 3-PW so I dropped the M5 Mashie from my bag. I will have driver, 3w, 3h and then all my irons.

I didn't request it either way, so I assume the 3 will be included. I am definitely going to put the 3 up to the test against my 20 degree Adams..

I'm still not entirely convinced that a hybrid is better for my game or not and am really excited to get an additional iron back into the bag.

Fair enough, isn't the 4i the same style as the 3i? I just think that if you are not used to using a 3i it may be hard to adjust, but then again if they are as easy to hit as I have heard then it may not be a problem.

Looking forward to hearing all the thoughts.

Yes - the 3i and 4i are pocket cavity, while the 5,6,7 are split cavity. I am hoping they are easy to hit but prepared to work on it!

With y existing 3i, I hit a low, boring kind of shot. I think this is due to a few factors, including the shafts and iron type. I'm really interested to put the 3i up against it to see if there's any difference. I think I might get a surprise. Took my 3i out of the bag as it wasn't quite versatile enough, but if the Nike one performs it could well be permanently back in there.

It is now Monday morning and clubs have a realistic possibility of starting to show up anytime now. My evening schedule is cleared for the week and nice hot weather awaits me at an empty range. I am SO ready to get started with this - has been on my mind non-stop since the testers were announced.

While I already know that I will be at my parents lakehouse for the weekend to celebrate the 4th and my son's birthday - golf clubs will be with me and at least one trip somewhere to hit balls or play will be had!! :banana:

I can't wait for you guys to start receiving your clubs! I'll have a few days to check out the unboxing and the initial thoughts, and it'll make my wait even sweeter!

I'm intrigued by this testing for obvious reasons, but it's really cool how we can perform the same tests on each different style of iron and potentially have different results! There are tests within tests for this set!

Back