Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

Nothing more exciting than the possibility of new sticks arriving! I hope they show up this week too, I'm ready to see some more pics and videos of these beauties!

Nothing more exciting than the possibility of new sticks arriving! I hope they show up this week too, I'm ready to see some more pics and videos of these beauties!

This week? I am hoping today or tomorrow! LOL!! Today would be a great unboxing day as it is storming pretty heavy. I am more anxious than a virgin on prom night.

Woke up and gave the futile morning look at the front porch. Excitement is starting to rumble!

There is some great info to be had with this round of testing. We have an ultra distance GI player going to a less forgivning set and a blade player going to more forgiving long irons. Should be fun to watch. I love to see the excitement that comes out when the clubs are about to arrive. It's an awesome feeling.

Yeah the loss in distance for me is going to be dramatic.

From experience, that can be tough to deal with when you are used to it. Still, an uptick in accuracy could balance that out. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

From experience, that can be tough to deal with when you are used to it. Still, an uptick in accuracy could balance that out. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

I'm actually excited about it. Will test my mental game as well which can teeter back and forth quite quickly.

Oh baby the thread is up. It just got real!!

Oh my. I just got a bit excited there. The anticipation is growing!!

There is some great info to be had with this round of testing. We have an ultra distance GI player going to a less forgivning set and a blade player going to more forgiving long irons. Should be fun to watch. I love to see the excitement that comes out when the clubs are about to arrive. It's an awesome feeling.

I think the most exciting part is that I believe everyone is getting a club in their bag that is essentially 'new' territory for them. With that kind of variation, aside from obviously GI playing guys who have vokeys/CGs/blade style wedges, it's a BIG step.

I think the most exciting part is that I believe everyone is getting a club in their bag that is essentially 'new' territory for them. With that kind of variation, aside from obviously GI playing guys who have vokeys/CGs/blade style wedges, it's a BIG step.

Very well said - I am definitely making the leap from GI to players irons with this testing. Will be very interesting for sure as my iron play has been stellar over the last month, I can't wait to see if that immediately carries over or if there is a long transition, etc!!

Agreed, this is going to be fun!

Don't be too worried Chunky.

Surprisingly when I switched from my Nike VR Pro Cavity set to the VR Pro II Pro Combo set, I actually picked up about 7 yards. They are almost a full club longer in the 7-P irons. Same shafts (KBS Tours), same specs, same ball.

I hope you find the distance loss to be negligible and love your new clubs. I'll be tuned in to see.

Don't be too worried Chunky.

Surprisingly when I switched from my Nike VR Pro Cavity set to the VR Pro II Pro Combo set, I actually picked up about 7 yards. They are almost a full club longer in the 7-P irons. Same shafts (KBS Tours), same specs, same ball.

I hope you find the distance loss to be negligible and love your new clubs. I'll be tuned in to see.

I am intrigued by the higher bounce numbers on the blades as compared to my current set..

And I guess I wouldn't worry too much about distance loss either.. That's why they give everyone a full set rather than just a couple irons haha!

Today might be the day these start dropping on to door steps! Fingers crossed for you guys! :D

Today might be the day these start dropping on to door steps! Fingers crossed for you guys! :D

Let's hope so; I was looking like a sad puppy dog last night! :D

Hopefully this morning will set your tail wagging then! :D

Don't know if I can stand to see the unboxing pics while mine are making the long journey!

LOL man I was really hoping. I have a good feeling about today though

haha my course is closed Monday's so I was only slightly disappointed to not see them yesterday.. I think you may be right though, today could be the day!

Have fun watching the door those who are at home! My UPS guy comes at around 2pm and FedEx doesn't seem to have a logical schedule haha!

haha my course is closed Monday's so I was only slightly disappointed to not see them yesterday.. I think you may be right though, today could be the day!

Have fun watching the door those who are at home! My UPS guy comes at around 2pm and FedEx doesn't seem to have a logical schedule haha!

Just make sure Fedex doesnt deliver them to your neighbors house!

Just make sure Fedex doesnt deliver them to your neighbors house!

Speaking of Fedex my clubs have been in Kansas City since yesterday at 5 am and they still arent scheduled to ship until tomorrow. What a joke

Speaking of Fedex my clubs have been in Kansas City since yesterday at 5 am and they still arent scheduled to ship until tomorrow. What a joke

Patience my young padawan!

Tappin' for world peace!

Back