Forum Testing Signup - 2012 Bridgestone B330 Line of Golf Balls

Thanks for the opportunity

1. What ball do you currently play? Nike 20XI-X
2. What is your driver swing speed? 98 mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Spin control
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? No
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am new member

With Bridgestone moving up the ship date of these balls to stores, we want to get these in the hands of testers before they hit stores, so we are going to send them out on Monday. Meaning we will announce all 40 testers on Sunday night.

Sweet! I have been reading a lot about these I can't wait to hear how they compare to last years because last years were GREAT! I don't know how they can get any better but I'm sure they have something up their sleeves.

Wish I could sign up for this one, but I am just now getting back to posting more on THP because I removed myself from the golf world for awhile to focus on work and school since it's not in season here in Ohio. (although the weather has said otherwise)

Also, I am likely not to really start playing til late March or early April.

GL to all testers... excited to read your findings

With Bridgestone moving up the ship date of these balls to stores, we want to get these in the hands of testers before they hit stores, so we are going to send them out on Monday. Meaning we will announce all 40 testers on Sunday night.

Well this is certainly very exciting indeed. To see 40 testers get them pre-release is exciting news. Good luck all!

What ball do you currently play? Pro V1X and B-330RX

What is your driver swing speed? 105mph

What do you look for in your golf ball? Low spin off the driver, good control around the greens, durability, and feel off the putter.

Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have gone through a live ball fitting and online ball fitting. Live ball fitting is great using any ball you want and showing you the difference between balls is so great to actually see the results. B-FIT is awesome also I have gained some swing speed and they told me to stick with the B-330RX and I am still loving the ball. I would love the chance to give the new dual dimple technology a try.

Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP daily and love conversating with everyone on the forums. My testing process would be taking the balls to my indoor facility for launch monitor numbers to compare spin / distance / control. Then I will be going on a trip to Orlando at the end of February to play 7 rounds of golf. I will also be on the course if the temps are above freezing and no snow on the course. I would post videos / pics / thoughts on the ball.

Looking forward to the testing and hope that I can be chosen as one of the testers. Thanks THP and Bridgestone for giving us the chance to try the new balls!

Could get crazy around here tomorrow night w/ 40 THPers being announced. Get those signups in!

1. What ball do you currently play? BridgeStone E-6

2. What is your driver swing speed? 92 mph

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? I like to have confidence of straight flight ball off the tee reduced spin for my swing speed and <150 yds to the pin being able to control the flight of the ball and have it check up on the green without a bunch of roll out. Chipping around the green I like a soft feeling ball that will respond to the club face.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I did a online fitting last year and the E-6 was suggested. I switched to the E-6 from the TM Penta in the Fall of last year and have been very pleased with the results. The E-6 felt much better with the driver for me and worked very well around the green's.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm out on the course weekly and would compare what is presented to me up against the E-6 's that I currently play. Course time permitted side by side shot's <150 yds to the pin. And I'd report back my findings and answer members questions.
I'm very active with THP and online daily.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone for providing this testing to 40 lucky THP tester's and find out how good this product responds to the many different swings that tester's will apply.

1. What ball do you currently play?Srixon Trispeed and Bridgestone B330-RX
2. What is your driver swing speed? 91 mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? I look for something in a little lower compression that gives me descent distance but has a softer feel to it and gives me a mid-high trojectory.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?On line fitting and thought it was thorough and the choice seemed to work out well for me.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I usually play 27-36 holes weekly and play a lot of different courses ,so I would play 9 hole "sides" with each ball to get a comparison between each with all kinds of clubs and in all types of lies and weather conditions.

Holy moley!!! I would love to do this. I had a blast with the blind ball testing I was chosen for before. And because of it I found a ball that I absolutely love, THE B330 RX! I have to bow out of this one also. The only review I could do now is on my birdie ball putting green. Unless I want to get 1 hit with them at a heated driving range. It will be a while before I can actually play golf again. Stupid winter in NW Ohio. I know I choose to live here, but I'm thinking about changing that choice... LOL Man it sucks!!! If it weren't for winter, I would definitely want to be apart of this. Good luck to the 40 that are chosen. Man this site rocks!! :rockon:

I hate winter. will be glad to test some ball when its warm.

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone E6 and B330-RX, sometimes the TM Penta TP gets my vote.
2. What is your driver swing speed? avg of 100mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? low side spin
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I like it and I think it's very beneficial.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'd test it out on the range and course. I would even get a chance to test it out on simulators. My activity level is decent considering it's winter in New England.

1. Currently playing the Srixon Z-Star (also occasionally use the 2011 Bridgestone B330-RXS)
2. Swing speed range: 90-95 mph
3. I look for 3 things in a golf ball: Soft short game feel, high wedge spin, distance off the tee (in that order)
4. I have gone through an online B-Fit, as well as spoken with a Bridgestone rep. I think it is great program that can really help golfers make sure they are playing the right ball for their game, and their customer service throughout the fitting is excellent.
5. Should I be chosen for this excellent opportunity, I plan on testing continuously with different parts of the game. I plan on taking it to an indoor short game practice area (with bent greens and numerous bunkers) nearby at least twice a week. I would practice putting, chipping/short pitches, sand play, and mid-long pitches. I would spend about 30 min. on each shot, maybe a little longer on putting. Also, 1 or 2 times a week, I would go to an indoor range w/ launch monitor and practice using the ball with a variety of shots (fades, draws, drives, etc). I spend about 1.5 hours hitting this ball with all of my clubs (spending more time on the 4i, 7i, 9i, 3w, and driver), making sure to note spin rates and carry distance. As for my THP activity level, I have had low activity on the forum recently, due to a long work schedule (which ended last week), but still read many articles and listened to THP radio. Before, I was fairly active, spending up to an hour per day on THP, and I hope to regain that sort of activity level, or more, in the near future.

Thanks for the great opportunity THP and Bridgestone! Even if I am not a tester, I look forward to hearing the thoughts of those lucky enough to be chosen!

With Bridgestone moving up the ship date of these balls to stores, we want to get these in the hands of testers before they hit stores, so we are going to send them out on Monday. Meaning we will announce all 40 testers on Sunday night.[/QUOTE

You mean I have an excuse to be on THP during the big game? haha

awesome news looking forward to tomorrow

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone B330RX and Callaway Tour i(s)
2. What is your driver swing speed? 101
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Something that gives good distance, control around the greens. Also like a ball that is durable.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have done an online fitting and been fit in person. Both times I was fit for the 330 RX. I love the fitting system that Bridgestone puts out there. The people on BFIT are very knowledgeable and when you get fit in person it's even better.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Still winter time here, but I will be able to test in a simulator for the next 5 weeks or so. Weather hasn't been too bad around here lately so if it stays that way I could be out on the course in early March. While the simulator isn't the best form of testing it will yield some actual numbers which is nice. I would be able to compare it to last years 330RX and RXS ball. I'll also be able to putt with the ball during the testing. I'm a very active THP member who is on the site daily for an extended period of time.

Thank You Bridgestone for this great opportunity. As a Bridgestone Staffer for Morgan Cup 2.0, I will be paying very close attention to the results.

1. What ball do you currently play? Alternating between Prov1 and Z-stars

2. What is your driver swing speed? 90-95 mph

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Looking for something checks on the greens quickly but has low spin of long irons and driver to help minimise days I am fading the ball or playing in the wind. Something like a Prov1x you could say or Z-Star XV but for my swing speed.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I was really happy, doing the live fit was great as I could ask some questions about doubts I had if the ball on brit was right or not and they were helpful to discuss what I was looking for and confirm if the B-Ffit choice was correct for me or not. The extra assurance always helps.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am part a golf club and we play every Sat. I also play 18 holes midweek on my home course to practice prior to the weekend. My testing process for any ball I am trying out is to play my usual ball on either my midweek or tournament round and play another to test during the other round. It would be getting altered and compared to the likes of Prov1, v1x, z star and z-star XV which I am trying out at the moment. Ball would go through a whole round so I can see how tin fairs in my long game and short game. Can also test performance in wind as I play on a windy scotland parkland course.

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone E6 and B330-RX, sometimes the TM Penta TP gets my vote.
2. What is your driver swing speed? avg of 100mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? low side spin
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I like it and I think it's very beneficial.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'd test it out on the range and course. I would even get a chance to test it out on simulators. My activity level is decent considering it's winter in New England.

I'm curious to know how you'd test the ball on the range? Would you hit the 6 then go and find them and dodge the other balls at the same time? Just playin' lolz.

1. What ball do you currently play?

Top Flite Gamer v2.

2. What is your driver swing speed?

102 mph

3. What do you look for in your golf ball?

First, I prefer a moderate amount of spin around the greens and approach shots, nothing crazy. Second, I like a ball that is straight off the driver. A third, I like it a price that won't make me cry when I lose one.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?

I've done the online fitting, but that's all. It recommended the e6, which is the ball I played when I first picked up the game.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I practice or play at least once or twice a week. Usually, I start at the green and work my way back. First, I try a new golf ball I chip and pitch. If it doesn't perform well off the wedge, then there is no point in me putting in in the bag. Then I see how it performs on iron shots. This is the weakest part of my game, so any help here is a plus. Next, its the driver and woods. I normally drive the ball pretty well with whatever ball I use, so it's not a huge concern. However, I want it to fly fairly straight. I don't care about distance if I'm in the fairway.

As far THP activity goes, I'm new here. I'm on everyday, but I read a lot more than I post. It's becoming quite addictive.

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone e6
2. What is your driver swing speed? 100-105
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Mid-level penetrating flight with some rollout, but maintain a soft feel off the club. At LEAST a reasonable amount of checkup on the greens.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Only the online fit guide. I think it's right on the money as I've tried the balls it's given me and I like them.
I check in here numerous times per day; more than is probably healthy. I read much more than I post, though.
:comp:
I love me some ball testing. I just joined a second club, both are within 4 miles of work. I really enjoyed participating in the "mystery oem" ball test, and it led me to be an exclusive Bridgestone user since. The thing with me and ball testing is I can usually find a time to be one of the only people out there, banging 3 or 5 balls at a time at a target on a particular hole. One of my home courses has a very wide open par 5 that I use to bang out every shot until I run out of test balls; Driver, 3w, approaches, and putts. During the mystery test, I once spent like an hour on that one hole working through various shots.

1. What ball do you currently play? Nike One Tour D
2. What is your driver swing speed? 96-105
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Good Control around the greens and off the tee, also with long distance.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Yes, I did the online fitting and was recommended for the B330-rxs, although they did not work well for me.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing would require extensive range use, paired with putting test on different surfaces and distances, and short game test from a number of lies (sand, rough.)

WOW a superbowl and an awesome announcement like this all in one day! I am going to be following this testing closley since i already play the B330 RX. good luck to everyone and thanks again Bridgestone and THP for this testing.

Looking forward to finding out who the testers are tonight, good luck everyone! If you haven't tried any Bridgestone balls before they are amazing, and they have something for everyone. I can't wait to hear how the performance has changed with their new technology.

1. I currently play TM Penta Tp

2. My current driver swing speed is 95 mph

3. I look for a ball with good green side control first and foremost. Distance and the way it feels off the putter is also important.

4. I went though the online B-fit tool a long time ago. It recommend the e7 at the time because of my high ball flight. I went through 4 dozen of them Over about 6 months. Since then I've changed my swing, ball position and clubs to help lower it. I've also gamed the e6 in the past and liked the ball. I've yet to really try any of the Bridgestone premium balls .

5. If chosen for this I would test it against my current penta. My home course has a great short game practice area. The greens are very fast and green side control is really important. I would do a side by side video comparison. I'd also get it out on the course to look at length and overall performance.

Thank You THP and Bridgestone for this excellent opportunity. Either way I'll be following this thread closely as I'm down to my final dozen if the Pentas and will be selected a new ball in the next few months.

What ball do you currently play?
Q-star and Wilso c:25

2. What is your driver swing speed?
around 93 mph

3. What do you look for in your golf ball?
feel and spin with irons is first unless there is a noticeable drop off in performance.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?
Yes, very useful tools. I have done it a few time and after my last swing change the ball recommendation changed to the what I would expect. That give me greater confidence in their process.

I check THP and post when I can. Try not to spend too much time surfing the net. Usually I come here when I have a specific need. Equipment test is one of the top reasons.

I'm blessed with a job in which I travel and have a flexible schedule to play quite a bit of golf. I also have access to an extensive indoor facility. I always try new balls with irons first as I consider that the most critical part of my game. I then move to 75 yard and in type of shots. Last would be driver as I like good feel with a ball, if it is nice with the irons then I can live with how it feels off the driver ( if performance is up to par :) ). Putting is in the process but I'm not set on a ball type for putting even though different balls vary greatly off the putter.

Testers have been selected, and we will post the 40 reviewers tomorrow morning for everybody.

Back