Forum Testing Signup - 2012 Bridgestone B330 Line of Golf Balls

15 yr intermediate golfer

15 yr intermediate golfer

I think a stand point from a teen intermediate golfer would be great feedback to test these type of balls.I live in michigan and am a great golfer, the middle balls for a swing speed of 102

I dont disagree, however please make sure you read the entire first post and fill out the entry.

1. What ball do you currently play? Just changed to the 2011 B-330 Tour for a Nike 20xi-x. Before chosing the B-330 as my new ball I also tried Prov-x, Srixon Q-star, Srixon Z-star and the Master Grip C-4 Tour. Since I am new to Bridgestone I am intrigued about the dual dimples of the new offerings.

2. What is your driver swing speed? Clocked at 103-105 but I feel those readings are off, probably 110-112. I have cracked the head on 4 drivers.

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Less spin in a tour ball, More into a straighter flight. I also like them to not "click" off of wedges and putters. I like my ball to launch and land kind of on the same angle with woods, not launching low and then balloon resulting it it falling out of the sky.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have 3 times and I feel it is a good way to decide which balls to test on course. Final decision has to be made out in the real world. The fitter guys on the chat seem to really try and narrow it down to the best ball for you, even with the limited info that I could see some able to provide.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play about 3 times a week and hit balls once or twice, my job requires some travel which holds me back from practicing more. I do try to get in some short game work a couple of times when I'm on the road. I also live in the south where it is 70 degree's today, more than likely my climate would provide better and more accurate results compared to the northern climates for the next few months. Being a lefty this is one of the few forum test I see me getting the opportunity to participate in, but I'm also new here and could be very wrong.

On a side note, The pro at my home course just ordered 18 dozen because I was pressuring him to start carrying them again. I thnk he got six B330's, six B330S's and six dozen B330-RX's.

Last edited:
1. What ball do you currently play? Taylor Made Penta but been playing the Bridgestone B330RX Pink for winter golf
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105+
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Distance off the tee but yet enough control around the greens.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I did the computer Q/A at a PGA Superstore and said the Bridgestone B330S was best for me.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Currently testing out some irons and would love to apply these Bridgestone balls to my testing process. I am playing golf or practice range sessions at least once a week and will be doing a lot of short game work with these irons. Would love to see how these new balls play around the greens.

1. What ball do you currently play?
Bridgestone E6- Yellow or Srixon Q Star- yellow
2. What is your driver swing speed?
95-101
3. What do you look for in your golf ball?
Consistency. My miss with the driver is a slice, but I play my irons with a draw so I need something that doesn't exacerbate either. I also look to be able to stop the ball on these fast Texas greens or I am left having to land off the green and hope it runs up and not over.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?
I am actively looking for a live ball fitting. I hope the golfsmith demo day in Austin will have one, but I have been through the BFit and been recommended the E6.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I work at a driving range and work on my putting and chipping 3-6 times a week, and will be playing around once a week to try the full shots.
I average several posts a day, and I am increasing my activity level as we go. I would be extremely excited to try these out!

The Taylormade Penta TP

110 MPH+

Consistency and spin control. I need a ball to spin for me when I hit down on it and roll out when I need it to as well.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?
Not yet, but I'm waiting for one to come near me, it seems like an interesting process.

I practice my short game almost everyday, whether it be chipping in my backyard and putting in my house, to working at the short game facilities at the courses. Playing and taking full shots will be limited, but I'm trying to get out as much as I can, if I get chosen I'll have more excuses to get out on the course mind you. :) I have a low amount of posts, but up until now I haven't had the time to be an avid member of THP. Now that I have more free-time I've been on the site at least 3 hours a day for the past week, so my posts per day are bound to rise.

Also being a teenager I can provide an outlook/opinion for a vast majority of up and coming youngsters
! A variation of opinions should be ideal in product testing like this.

Thank you to :bridgestone: and :thp: (Even if I am not chosen!) for giving golfers the chance to test out the new product, what you're doing is awesome and should be appreciated.

1. What ball do you currently play? Titleist pro v1
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? low spin off the driver and touch around the greens.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? have not been fitted.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing will take place at the private club I am a member off, the club is 8 minutes from my house. Been a THP member for three years now, I tested the penta 5 for THP when they first came out.

Last edited:
Bridgestone e6

Right around 100mph.

Softness and responsiveness around the green, any flight helping engineering is always appreciated too! :)

Did the online fitting 6 months or so ago. I thought it was pretty slick - would love to do an in-person fitting at some point. There is an ... art ... that I think the website might miss out on. I've great stuff about the B330 line as well.

Now that I've settled down in my new job and city I'm hitting the range at least once a week, normally twice. I'm looking to play at least 9 every other weekend although now that I have a new golf buddy and his wife wants him out of the house more often, that might increase! As for my THP activity level, I try to read everyday and comment multiple times everyday, but recently I've fallen way below that standard. So now I guess I'd say read everyday, comment every two or three days but multiple times when I do.

Thanks again Bridgestone and THP! What (another) amazing opportunity!

I currently play Srixon Z-star XV

Around 100mph

The main thing that I look for in a ball, is my ability to control it around the greens. I've never been a huge hitter of the golf ball, so I must make up strokes around the greens to stay competitive. I find that a softer ball works best for me, but I will not shy away from a ball that provides more distance with a firmer cover because I am very confident with my short-iron/wedge game regardless.

I have not gone through any formal type of ball fitting from Bridgestone or any other company. I find the process very interesting, and was skeptical at first. After reading many posts about the difference that the fittings have made, I am looking forward to perhaps getting fit for a certain golf ball myself in the future.

My testing process would include the whole arsenal of full swing shots with all of my clubs to get a distance feel from the ball, but I am very interested in ball performance around the green. This includes control on pitches, chips, flops, and many other shots needed to score around the green. I also like to work the ball quite a bit from right to left, so I like to gauge the workability of the golf ball. My THP activity level is moderate as I try to check the boards several times per week, however my post count is not too high.

1. What ball do you currently play? Titleist NXT Tour, Gamer v2, MacGreggor VIP, ProV1
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105-107
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Control around green, feel, spin, ability to resist scuffing easily
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? No, but I have played Bridgestone balls before and think they are a quality product, just not sure which one is made specifically for me
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process would include playing a minimum of 18-36 holes per week. Upon completion of my sessions, I would provide honest feedback (both pros and cons) and include my playing partners in the testing process whenever possible. While I am a newly registered user, I am a serious golfer and look forward to becoming an active user of the site.

Thanks for considering me for this opportunity and I look forward to interacting with the THP community.

Would like to test but with the weather here I can't get out every week. Oh well, maybe next time.

Great opportunity from Bridgestone and THP!!

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone B330-RX or Callaway Tour i(Z)
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95 mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Easy to compress, reduced spin on driver but still good greenside control
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Yes, I think it's an incredible tool and more golfers should take advantage of the technology
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would put the balls into play immediatly and compare them side by side with my current balls along with comparable balls from other OEM's. I would take photos and videos to document durabilty of the balls and keep records of distances with each type of ball. I am very active on THP and will contiue to be.

Thanks again to THP and Bridgestone for this great opportunity!

1. What ball do you currently play? Sort of searching right now due to the MC2. Q-Star tenatively.
2. What is your driver swing speed? 102
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Consistency, durability, nice feel and ball flight.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Yes, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. A very eye-opening experience that showed me how valuable the right ball can be.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm able to test anywhere from 1-2 times a week. Currently, I am stuck indoors, but have access to accurate launch numbers. Weather should clear soon for outdoor testing. I'm active here on almost a daily basis.

1. What ball do you currently play? Currently play nxt tour or anything I find!
2. What is your driver swing speed? Driver as is 110-115
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Something that isn't going to spin too much off the tee! Giving me a little check in the greens! Something that I can control in the wind as I play a lot of links! durability
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have they recommended the 330 I have tried this ball and liked it but found the cover could chew quickly!
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I get approx 3 range sessions and 2 rounds per week I would test the ball against the nxt tour and the srixon z star xv as I have a few of these! Comparisons will be off the tee into green pitch shots and how they feel off the putter!

1. What ball do you currently play? depends on season, but switch between Taylormade Penta and Bridgestone e6
2. What is your driver swing speed? 121
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? reduced spin off driver and softer playability on approach shots & around the greens
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Yes I have before but not recently. That is how I found the the e6
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity leveld? I am thorough and typically like to perform side-by-side comparisons after establishing a baseline for comparisons

I would love to get in on this but NJ weather keeps me from being able to test these properly. I would be able to chip and putt at the practice facility but full swings would be pretty much impossible. I am pretty bummed because I love the e6 ball and have always wanted to do a ball testing. I look forward to the reviews on these.

Thanks to Bridgestone for another great testing opportunity.

1. What ball do you currently play? Callaway Diablo HX and Srixon AD333. In colder temps I have been hitting Tommy Armour Silver Scots (lower compression).

2. What is your driver swing speed? 90-95 a couple years ago on Launch monitor. I hope it's faster now.

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Distance, low side spin.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Yes, I was fit for an e6. I didn't get any because I already had several dozen of the Srixon AD333 I wanted to get through first.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am able to get out to the course often, even though it's winter and it's Kansas City. We've been lucky so far with the weather and hopefully it continues. I am on the forum often and post multiple times daily.

Hey Smallville, do you have any access to something that gives ball speed? Simulator or a cheap personal launch monitor? Your clubhead speed is roughly 2/3 of your ball speed.

1. What ball do you currently play? B330S however, I tried out the Rocketballz balls today and was quite impressed. I am now pondering...
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105-110
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Low spin off of the driver, good spin off of the irons, durability
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have gone through both. The live B-Fit was eye opening. B/C of that fitting, I switched from the Penta to the B330S...now pondering the Rocketballz balls. I would be curious to see what the comparison of the two would be in another live fitting.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am pretty active on THP and do my best to get on daily and try and contribute where I can. I typically spend one full day a week at the course playing and practing. I try and play a second round most weeks. At my course, I have regular access to a really nice short game area and would test the balls in this arena; in addition to regular play.

I have recently switched back to the Penta and B330 from the Nike One Tour D
I like decent greenside spin, without being high spin off the tee. I need a ball that won't exagerate the slice/hook on my poor shots.
I have not, I have done the online ball fitting programs, and an extensive 3rd party ball fiting comparing many different brands. One of the two balls reccomended to me was the B330.
I have been active on the forum since joining last summer. I regularly read the posts, and throw my two cents in whenever I feel I can contribute to the conversation. I would start by taking advantage of a wonderful short game area at a local range, as well as the local par 3. That would allow me to determine which ball works best for me around the greens. With that thought in mine, I would move to a hole on my local course where it is virtually impossible to lose a golf ball. I would hit that hole late in the day, and hit many drives with both the S and non-S variant. Charting shot length and dispersion. I would also make an attempt to get on the LM at my local shop for some more hard data. With all my thoughts and hard data logged. I would go ahead and put both balls in play for some real world analysis. Seeing which ball performs the best overall for my game.

Thanks to Bridgestone for yet another testing oppurtunity. They have really supported this board, and we are grateful.

Thanks - awesome opportunity.

Bridgestone B330-RX and Pro V1

97 mph

Great feel & control, along with decent spin with my wedges

I haven't, but did their online ball fitting application.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level

I would hit at the chipping & putting green to get a feel for the balls around the green - and compare how they feel vs my B330RX and Pro v1s. Then I would play 9 or 18 holes and hit multiple shots on drives (if possible) to compare with my B330RX and Titleists. I could easily do this ~2x per week. I'm a regular TPH reader and post a couple of times per week.

With Bridgestone moving up the ship date of these balls to stores, we want to get these in the hands of testers before they hit stores, so we are going to send them out on Monday. Meaning we will announce all 40 testers on Sunday night.

Very cool JB!! Can't wait to hear a direct comparison between these and the 2011 line.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

You just made started a frenzy once ppl read your post. Nice of them to get some feedback prior to release. I mean beyond that of a tour win.

1. What ball do you currently play? - My current balls are the Taylormade Penta TP and Bridgestone e5.
2. What is your driver swing speed? - My swing speed is 90 mph.
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? - Nebraska is a very windy state in the spring so I am always looking for a straight ball with some short game spin. There is always a trade off so the search for the perfect ball is continuous.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? - Yes, I have been through the Bridgestone fitting process twice and they suggested the e5 or B330-RX. I thought they did a good job with proper recommendations.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? - I belong to a semiprivate course and play over 100 rounds per year so I test equipment on the course. The best way for me is to take a new ball and immediately put it in play for a full round or two. Playing the same course for 17 years, I have a good idea on distance and how a ball will react on the green. After a couple of rounds, I will then find an empty hole and hit my normal ball side by side with the test ball. My initial reaction to a new ball is normally pretty good but I try to make sure I give it a fair try. I have been a member of THP for several years and my activity is now almost an everyday situation.

Last edited:
Back