Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

Cant wait to hear who the testers are, should be a good thread to follow

That sounds like a great opportunity as I am looking at expanding my bag, and build my swing.

Actually, not too much time has actually gone by.... this is the fastest turnaround I remember seeing for iron testing. Really looking forward to this one

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Agreed. Very fast turnaround I like it.. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. We will have 8 great testers

1. Currently i am playing the taylormade tour preferred mc irons.
2. I am a 7 handicap right now.
3. I play stiff steel dynamic gold shafts.
4. I believe that they help the golfer that is not the best but still wants to go out and have fun.
5. I plan to test these clubs out for awhile and then report back to my fellow thper's with my findings. I am also ways on this form everyday i might respond a lot by i am on here following my fellow thper's.

What irons do you currently play? Adams A4R
2. What is your handicap index? 6.4
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Adams (Apollo Spectralite) steel R Flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? There is a market for all styles clubs - oversized included
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 2 to3 times a week and would test these clubs on the range and course and provide detailed feedback on ball flight, sound, feel, forgiveness, looks, etc. I am a frequent poster on THP

Good luck to everyone. I started out with a set of adam's irons and they served me well.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play?: Ping G10
2. What is your handicap index? 18.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Ping Steel Reg flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Forgiveness is a great attribute to irons as long as the size doesn't go overboard. I think that anything that can make the game more enjoyable to the recreational golfer is a positive and should be explored.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I work part time at an area golf course. During the week I get a minimum of two 9 hole rounds or range sessions and a full round on the weekend. I also have access to a couple of other courses in the area that would allow me to try them on different style/difficulty of courses as well as an upcoming 4 day, 7 round golf trip. I have been lurking here for about 6 months, and this opportunity has moved me to sign up. Have been intrigued by adams but haven't hit one of their irons since the OS3. I would be posting after every range/round.

1. What irons do you currently play? CG16's

2. What is your handicap index? 13ish

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Stiff, Cleveland's stock Traction 85

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Being a mid-handicapper, I can use all the help I can get. Any club that enhances forgiveness and helps get the ball in the air is a club that I would like to try. Another important aspect for me when I choose clubs is vibration absorption and oversized irons dampen vibration very well, in my opinion.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I hit the range at least 1 time per week (usually 2 or 3 times a week), play in a golf league every Thursday, and always play a round on Sunday mornings to top off the weekend. I lurk on THP more then I post but I am on here daily. There is a ton of great information and it is a great golf circle to be apart of.

1. What irons do you currently play?
I currently play Adams Redline 3 and 4 hybrids along with 5-LW irons

2. What is your handicap index?
I have a 19.0 handicap

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Redline Performance 85 Steel shaft - Stiff

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
I like oversized irons I have had a couple of sets of them in the past and felt they did help me play better.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
My testing plan should i get chosen would be to go to the range 3 or more times a week as well as playing 2 or more rounds on different courses to get a true feel for the performance of the irons. As for my activity level on THP well I just joined but I do look forward to reading and posting on this site.

this is a great opportunity for everyone that will be involved even if I am not picked I will still gain knowledge from the feedback of others that were chosen

Is tomorrow here yet? I have :adams: on my mind. :desire:

Irons currently playing: TaylorMade R9

Handicap: 9.7

Shafts in current irons: KBS 90 stiff steel

Thoughts on oversized irons: there is no doubt that in my recent visits to various golf stores, the oversized irons definitely give me more confidence when I look down at the top line. I just know that by that simple glance that I'll hit the shot I plan to just because I have that important aspect of the game, the mental confidence, already taken care of!

My testing plan and activity level: As I've done in the past with other irons I've tested out, I would begin by going to my local store and get some static measurements vs. My current clubs (length/wt/deg of offset/head size) to have a baseline knowledge of basic differences that may give meaning to on course/range results later. Then, off to the range for 3 sessions to get a feel for the clubs, distances honed-in, etc, and for some initial feedback to the forum of feel, sound, distance, accuracy, etc form a somewhat subjective standpoint. After that, it's time to play 2 rounds per week, initially including shots head-to-head with my current set, then rounds just with the Adams. Following about 8-10 rounds, get a measurement of handicap index vs recent scorecards on the same courses from use of my current set and see differences. All the while, posting here the results/observations as I go. I'd also like to include some feedback from my golfing buddies to get a few more evals as well from a variety of skill sets.

My activity on THP is I check the site daily/weekly for news, reviews, spy shots, etc. I've even received the initial copy of THP magazine last year, Furyk on the cover, for the driver test results! Thank you, THP, for this chance! At 6'5", I'm disappointed to read so many reviews on clubs wherein a taller golfer like myself is left out. It would be great to be chosen JUST to give some feedback to the members from a perspective that is all too often not heard.

Testers will be announced tomorrow.

That is very fast! Looking forward to learning people's thoughts on these clubs! Best of luck everybody!

1. What irons do you currently play?

-Nike VR Pro Combo.

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?

-Steel, Stiff, TrueTemper

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?

-I absolutely hate 'em. I like small blades... Surprise me!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

-Range sessions and rounds of golf every week. Been reading this site every day for months. This is my first post thou...

Today's the day. Should be some very excited folks pretty soon!

Good luck everybody and you too Hawk! Some body is going to be hyper later today for sure!!!

Today's the day. Should be some very excited folks pretty soon!

Looking forward to seeing who gets selected for these

Man some THP'ers are in for a great day! Good luck everyone. :blob::blob::blob:

Good luck to everyone that signed up for this one.

I am excited to see who the lucky testers are! Good luck everybody.

I am excited to see who the lucky testers are! Good luck everybody.

Same here! I can't wait to see what people think of them. This signup has certainly seemed to move the needle.

Same here! I can't wait to see what people think of them. This signup has certainly seemed to move the needle.

Definitely has, would love to see total of the amount of people that signed up when this got announced.

I'm really curious about these clubs. I have never hit an oversized iron so I'll definitely be watching this thread. Very interesting. Can someone tell me how they are?

Last edited:
Back