Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

Wow cool opportunity. Thanks to all involved!

1. I play Taylormade R9 irons (4-AW)

2. I don't keep an official handicap or an unofficial handicap. I average in the low 80's though.

3. I play the steel KBS tours in a regular flex

4. I don't really have much of an opinion on oversized irons as I have never hit, touched, or even seen them outside of pictures. They seem like a good idea and seem as if they'd improve just about anyone's game.

5. I'd test these at the driving range as much as possible (2-4 times a week), and I would be able to get them on the course every day as I go to a boarding school with a 9 hole course on campus. I would be playing with these either at the driving range, on the course, or both 6-7 days a week depending on my schedule. I think having them on an empty course would allow me the opportunity to experiment and do all sorts of things with them.

I would be able to share my findings about these irons on Twitter (though I don't have many followers) and on Facebook to my many golf-loving friends. I would also spread the word throughout my school. I am very active on THP, and post multiple times a day on various subjects to help people out.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Thanks THP and Adams golf for another great opportunity!! Thsse irons really intrigue me, I have read reviews and looked at the a7 OS irons in the past.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7 Draw
2. What is your handicap index? 15.1 after the last revision
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I bought these irons used, they have the standard graphite regular flex shafts in them
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? At this point, I think that oversized irons can only help my game, I am struggling with GIR's and I tend to hit a lot of mid-irons fat. I think oversized irons could help me get over this next hurdle in my game.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 36 holes a week, all year long. I also average at least one range session per week. I would play and practice with the Adams irons side by side with my current set, recording distances and dispersion patterns, I would video record my range sessions to allow others to see the two sets being hit side by side. I think my activity level on THP is above average over the last several months, I try to participate in all of the other testing threads, comment and ask questions when I can, and I just completed a very successful Blind Ball testing that got great response from the forum members.

It would be a honor to take part in this equipment test, good luck to all who sign up, I know this is going to be a great testing.

Thanks again to THP and to Adams golf for this great opportunity!

Last edited:
Thanks to Adams Golf for this opportunity. Would LOVE to get in on this.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 2.0's
2. What is your handicap index? Current handicap is 8.4
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TaylorMade stock shaft, steel, stiff flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I'm typically not a fan from an aesthetic point of view. The wider sole (and in turn, often wider top line) are visually distracting to me. I'm sure it's all anti-placebo, but when I see a deep top line on an iron I have a very hard time convincing myself that I can hit down on a ball and not blade everything due to the excessive bounce.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would plan to take these clubs out to the range and the course, comparing them to my TM B2.0's for looks, distance, and forgiveness. If given the opportunity, I'd plan to hit the range at least once a week and play as much as weather permits here in Louisville, KY. While I am rather new to the site, I have become very involved in the forum when seeking opinions for purchases (bought the Adams Idea Tech irons for my brother on recommendation here) and notifying members of sales through the Deal of the Day thread (one of my favorite THP threads). While I am not a tester for the TM Burner 2.0's, I have weighed in on this thread with my own experiences using these clubs and answered questions from other potential buyers/users. I plan to stick around THP for a long time as I find it is the best online source for equipment discussion and the great deals on all that equipment, clothing, etc.

I'm currently testing other irons but I will post in here just to show my support for Adams Golf & THP. This is a fantastic opportunity. I played some Adams MB's and they were fantastic. Good luck to everyone and thank you Adams & THP

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Pro Combos
2. What is your handicap index? 10.9
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? PX Graphite 5.0
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I neither like or dislike them. If they help my game I play them
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Same as it ever is. I'm on here for 5 hours or so a day posting a way.

Adams irons

Adams irons

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently use Wilson Staff Pi7
2. What is your handicap index? 9
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?Steel, stiff, stock
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I prefer to use a more compact head, but all of my clubs are hand me downs so I take what I can get. I was literally just looking at buying a new set of irons and would be willing to try out oversized.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I currently work at a bar at night so over the past 4 months I average two range days and one round a week. I'd continue this regiment so as to keep my routine going and really be able to test well. As I said I work at night so I have a lot of time during the day to test, review, and be active. I just signed up for THP when I saw this opportunity, but plan on being very active. I'm work at a bar now but want to move into a career in golf.

This is fantastic!

1. What irons do you currently play?
MacGregor NVG2 Mid

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Stiff flex Steel

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
I love 'em - give me all the forgiveness you can!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
The best way to know if irons work for you is to get them out on the course . . . I plan to play with them a LOT at my home course, where I know my yardages and shots very well.

1. What irons do you currently play?- Callaway Razr
2. What is your handicap index?- 8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?- Dynamic Gold X100
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?- I like game improvement but not clunky looking
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?- I play and hit balls a lot and would for testing. Activity level- I just started

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams a3os
2. What is your handicap index? 29.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? standard Adams a3os
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? never tried them, don't have any thoughts
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm new to this.

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP-33
2. What is your handicap index? 5.2 (UK)
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel Apollo Hump shafts
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? To be honest I have never tried oversize irons, but the way the club looks, sits behind the ball and performs is more important to me than head size. So if these oversize irons perform well, I would be one happy golfer.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I visit the forum daily and try to post where ever I am able to provide constructive answers etc. The plan would be to test these irons initially against my current ones as they provide a benchmark. Once a week on the course plus range time. Once they have been compared to my Mizunos they would then be used exclusively to gather real world playing feedback.

I am currently testing the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons, so I will not be putting in for this test, but wanted to say good luck to all the possible testers.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams a3os
2. What is your handicap index? 29.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? standard Adams a3os
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? never tried them, don't have any thoughts
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm new to this.

1. What irons do you currently play?- Callaway Razr
2. What is your handicap index?- 8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?- Dynamic Gold X100
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?- I like game improvement but not clunky looking
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?- I play and hit balls a lot and would for testing. Activity level- I just started

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently use Wilson Staff Pi7
2. What is your handicap index? 9
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?Steel, stiff, stock
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I prefer to use a more compact head, but all of my clubs are hand me downs so I take what I can get. I was literally just looking at buying a new set of irons and would be willing to try out oversized.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I currently work at a bar at night so over the past 4 months I average two range days and one round a week. I'd continue this regiment so as to keep my routine going and really be able to test well. As I said I work at night so I have a lot of time during the day to test, review, and be active. I just signed up for THP when I saw this opportunity, but plan on being very active. I'm work at a bar now but want to move into a career in golf.

Welcome to :thp: guys go check out the check in thread and meet some people

Another great opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP Forged MC
2. What is your handicap index? 13.8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel shafts. S300. Dynamic Gold
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? It is easier to hit the ball with them and more people should play them than actually do.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & actvity level on THP? I will play as much as possible and give feedback every time I go out. I will follow the guidelines set forth in the testers guideline thread. Activity level will remain high.

Are you in on it Tmex? I think you should. I love your reviews.

+1. TMex would rock these irons!:cowboy:

Just saw this on Adams Golf's FB feed. I have a feeling we may see lots of new faces and I'm looking forward to it.

Just saw this on Adams Golf's FB feed. I have a feeling we may see lots of new faces and I'm looking forward to it.

Yep, and new members is always good.

Thank you Adams Golf for the opportunity to test the new a12Os irons. I'd love to be one of the testers!

I currently play with two sets of irons:

1. Orginal set - Adams a7Os 3 hybrid to sand wedge.
Player's set - Adams a7 2 hybrid to lob wedge.
Current driver - Adams a4Os (looking to get back to Speedline F10 9.5 driver)
Fairway wood - Adams Speedline F10 draw
Golf Bag - Wilson (Adams golf bag to be added later.)

2. Handicap index - don't have one yet, but generally shoot 90-100 for 18 holes (higher end on tougher courses)

3. I currently use garafoly stiff with the a7Os irons as well as True Temper Performance Lite stiff shaftsfor the irons. The a7's use UST Mamiya Proforce graphite shafts and True Temper Players Lite stiff shafts.

4. I love oversized irons. Big fan of them. As soon as the first oversized irons became available for me I added them to my bag. Shot my best round with a TNT 2 thru gap wedge and was able to hit my two iron up to 290 yards or so. Even with an oversized TNT hybrid/iron mix a few years ago, I was able to shoot an 86 so I am always indebted to the improvement of overzied irons!

5. I will try to play as much as I can to get the most from my testing experience. I know how well the a7Os irons play for me so I know I will love the a12Os irons!

Thanks Adams for your consideration. I am a big fan of Adams Golf and Adams Golf rocks! I have been involved in reviews of books before so I would love to be a part of the a12Os testing team!

Last edited:
Yep, and new members is always good.

I agree. I played the a30S set last year and they were a game changer for me. Brought me below 100 in fact.

1. What irons do you currently play? Tommy Armour 845 v-31 combo
2. What is your handicap index?12
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Tru Temper, Tri-Gold, Regular Flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have hit oversized irons before, but have never bagged a set. I tend to like the blade style for the scoring clubs, but like I said I have never played oversized irons for an extended period of time.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I get out and play 2-3 rounds a week with range time before each round. The course I generally play has a regulation and a par 3 course that I split my time on. The range I hit at has several large greens that allow different types of shots from different clubs to try out the workability of different types of shots. If chosen for the testing I would be able to give in round feedback while on the course through Tapatalk on the testing thread as well as updates through Facebook and or Twitter, although Twitter would be my preferred choice for updates as far as social media goes. I am very active in browsing on THP and tend to comment on most threads that I read.

Thanks for another testing opportunity THP and Adams!

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland CG16's
2. What is your handicap index? 17
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? KBS Tour/R+ flex/steel
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Have never really played oversized irons before
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Multiple range sessions, course play, twitter updates, and always posting thoughts and answering questions on THP which I'm consistently active on

I always throw my hat in the mix... Thanks to THP and Adams for yet another great opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX-800
2. What is your handicap index? I think its up near 20 now.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I play STEEL Project X 6.0s
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? If it helps me play better at all I'm all over it regardless of the oversized look. Oversized seems to me to sound like forgiveness and distance. Two aspects I covet greatly in my clubs.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Now with leagues winding down I plan on getting to the range at minimum twice a week. I have limited access to simulators but this would help push me over the edge with that plan in the coming winter months for sure. I would test these alongside the JPXs and the thought process of GI irons and how they compare. As for THP activity, I contribute daily and I feel I have a lot to offer in regards to honest information for the mid/high handicapper.

1. Irons currently in play:
Adams Redline Hybrid Irons 3hy-5hy and 6-PW (courtesy of THP and their in depth review)

2. Handicap Index:

3. Shafts:
Steel Regular Flex stock shafts on Adams Redline Irons

4. Thoughts on oversized Irons:
When it comes to oversized club heads (i.e. TaylordMade SL Irons) I found the feel not to be entirely impressive. I had a hard time gauging my mishits, and had to resort on impact tape to locate my mishits and understand how they felt. Though the oversized club head was forgiving and beneficial to a game like mine, I found my ability to handle thinner club heads was better.

5. Testing Plan and Activity on THP:
Testing plans are part of my every day life at work. Being a Clinical Systems Analyst we are always building and modifying applications and a testing plan is second nature. The key to a successful testing plan is consistency. Now even though weather is a component which can affect ball flight, physical condition, and distance I feel it is important these irons be tested at a driving range. I feel a driving range is the right choice because you can almost always use the same hitting booth with the same mat day in and day out. Consistency in the environment in which you test will lead to a better chance of making sure your results are as accurate and precise as they can be. I feel testing a driving range is a more feasible option because of the lie being the same ball after ball. The more components of a test you keep consistent the better output of results. On course testing is also ideal but with course conditions constantly changing I feel a driving range is the best place.

I am fairly new to THP but as for my activity level browsing blogs and reviews I'd say I am a daily visitor to the site. The reviews are not bias and are very useful. The site itself helped me choose my most recent set of irons, Adams Redline. I'd be thrilled to provide insight on the Adams a12 OS irons, especially from an amateur stand point.

in my ogio cart bag i have

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Adams A4 Forged irons (4-LW) with an Adams Tour Black 18* hybrid
2. What is your handicap index? My Handicap index is currently a 12.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I have Project X 5.5 Steel Shafts

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? When it comes to irons i believe that any set of irons will have both weaknesses and strengths. While forged irons have tons of control for the better golfer; they can be more harm than good for someone who wants to have fun golfing, but doesn't have the money for multiple lessons or the time for hours of practicing. On the other hand, oversized irons are much much more forgiving, but do not have the same pure feel or look that forged irons traditionally have. I personally like oversized irons and had a set of adams a7os irons before i decided to switch to forged irons. Though after months of playing forged, im starting to miss the accuracy i had with my a7os set.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would play on the irons a minimum of three to six times a week and go to the range twice per week. I would post my results(distance and accuracy) after each round on both facebook and THP. In addition to my thoughts on confidence and feel. I also would post after each trip to the driving range, laying out mathematically the differences in distance and accuracy in comparison to my forged irons. furthermore i would write a short summary about feel and confidence while playing. at the end i would compile the data into a chart which would be posted on THP and facebook, as well as sent to anyone who would like to review the data.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

New to THP:

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea A2
2. What is your handicap index? 24.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Graphite Advent R
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Have used them for some time.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will play these irons 27 holes a week. 18 on Sunday and 9 durin the week. New to THP.

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland Launcher 09
2. What is your handicap index? 18-20 (have no club membership, but am a bogey player)
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? 3H-5H graphite Regular Flex, 6-PW steel Regular Flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Playability & forgiveness of oversized irons have added confidence & consistency to my rounds. Combo irons are newly purchased and brought my score down below 90.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would love to take part in testing new irons, especially the new Adams a12 OS irons. With my new purchase of Cleveland Launcher 09 combo irons, I also purchased new Adams Speedline Fast 10 Driver & 3 wood. These have been amazingly long and also assisted in taking my scores down. I would play these irons often and report my findings after each round on Facebook and here on THP. 2-3 times a week by my estimate. In addition, I have nothing negative to say about all brands of golf equipment and related materials. I love this game!

Last edited:
Cool to see so many new people. Welcome to the forum. Welcome yourself in the "check in desk" section

Back