Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
8 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
These are pre-release irons and do not hit stores until 10/1.
If you are chosen you must pay for the shipping to receive the clubs.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum of 1 of the two). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the irons will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

1. What irons do you currently play?
2. What is your handicap index?
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers Selected
Due to shafts coming in both steel and graphite, testers are being listed alongside which shaft they will be testing. If your name is on the list, please contact GolferGal, via PM with this information.
Full Name
Forum Name
Shipping Address
She will then PM you back with the actual shipping costs.

Yoccos - Graphite Stiff
TheDue - Steel Regular
Smallville - Graphite Regular
TripleBogieTim - Graphite Regular
KellyBo - Graphite Regular
Spank818 - Steel Stiff
DawgDaddy - Graphite Regular
nickpergande - Graphite Stiff

A nice mix of veterans and first time testers included in this testing. If you were not selected, never fear, more testing is just around the corner. Stay on the THP Forum, stay active and you could be the next one to appear on this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great opportunity! I have played a few rounds with Adams irons and really liked them.

Great opportunity, hope we get a good line of good reviewers hoping to help test.

What another great testing opportunity for THP members! Thank you to THP and Adams golf for this great testing chance.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R11 irons
2. What is your handicap index? 10.8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I currently play and have been fit to Steel Project X 6.0 shafts.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have liked oversized irons in the past and still really like oversized irons in my long irons, I find it adds a lot of confidence when you look down at the iron and know there is a ton of forgiveness packed into the head.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am an active member of THP and will not be leaving. My testing plan would be to put these irons into the bag and continue to do what I already to, 1-2 rounds of golf a week, and 2-3 range sessions a week, and have a update after each of these sessions. I would also write a final review of the irons near the end of the testing period.

Nice THP! I look forward to seeing how the higher hybrids perform for a lower HC.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway Razr X
2. What is your handicap index? 10
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold S300
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I don't see foregiveness as a bad thing. I used to play GE irons but have since gone to GI irons and have seen my scores go down. Whatever technology is there to help me enjoy the game more is always welcome in my book. I have been told to consider a hybrid replacement for my 5 iron, so this set make up intrigues me.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on playing at least 2 times a week and will take these to the range as well. Updating through THP won't be an issue for me. I am a very active forum member who spends hours a day on this site. I haven't used Twitter all that much recently, but I do have an account and will update through there as well.

Thank you :thp: and :adams: for this amazing opportunity!

1) Taylormade R9 irons (PW-3i)
2)11.3
3)regular flex KBS shaft
4)not a huge fan, but an excellent idea for those that struggle to hit the ball consistently and therefore need a larger club face.
5)hope to test mainly at a local driving range using a comparison system with my own irons and possibly other game improvement irons for family/friends as well as personal opinions. Secondly I will test some on the course to see how well they work in actual play. Fairly active on THP, especially during the summer months when I can play more golf. I feel like I can post regularly even if just opinions on looks and feel as well as my feelings on their design and brand!.

Very cool opportunity. Thanks to Adams and THP for making it happen!

1. What irons do you currently play? - Adams Redlines 6-PW.
2. What is your handicap index? - I don't keep one, but my average scores are in the low 90's.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? - I play the stock, unnamed, steel shafts in the Redlines.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? - I like the performance they provide. I've played larger irons for most of the time I've golfed. While I don't love the way they look compared to some sleeker irons, I do like the results I see using them.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I play or practice a minimum of twice a week. Many times it is three times a week. I am an extremely active forum member and share my thoughts on many products numerous times a day.

I currently play the Nike Victory Red Full Cavity Irons

13.4 OOB

True Temper Dynamic Gold High Launch S300 (Stiff flex)

As a guy trying to improve his game day by day I love the idea of oversized irons. If it helps me hit the ball straight I will play it. My first set was an Adams hybrid/iron set and I would love to see how the technology has changed from 3.5 years ago or so.

My testing plan will be to hit the range about twice a week along with a trip to the course at least once a week. I have a friend who can get me on multiple course for free so we go at least once a week and lately have been going two or three times. I would compare these irons to another set of GI irons my VR full cavities as well as compare the hybrids to my Machspeed and Adams A7os hybrid.

As for my activity level I frequent THP daily and am involved in most of the threads. I have tested for THP in the past and believe I do a fair job of representing the product and give thorough and honest feedback. I constantly update the thread I am involved in now with the iCaddi and will do the same if selected for these irons.

If selected I will also use Twitter and Facebook to get the word out about the irons as well.

Thanks to :thp: and :adams: for this wonderful opportunity!

- Adams Insight XTD2 - Cheap, available only at Dicks. They aren't fitted to me, but I'm pretty standard proportioned/size.

- About 19. I shoot between 86-100.

- Steel shaft. Regular in my irons, but I wasn't fitted for them. My hybrids, woods, and driver are Stiff flex.

- I'm hoping I can gain some distance from them. I'm not sure what to expect as far as accuracy goes. Then again, I'm not amazingly accurate myself quite yet.

- I play 5-8 times per month. Driving range at least once a week. I take a lesson every 2-3 weeks from a PGA Professional. While I haven't been a member of THP too long, and I haven't yet settled into the community (no gatherings just yet), I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I have the THP forums pinned as a tab in Chrome and find myself checking every hour or so what's going on and trying to chime in wherever I can. I've read the testing examples and feel I can offer a thorough review, especially since these irons are aimed at my handicap level.

1. What irons do you currently play? Currently play Wilson Jerry Pate Personal Blades. They were hand-me-downs from my step-father-in-law a couple of years ago. These are some pretty outdated irons. I would expect immediate improvement, with not only consistency and distance, but also feel, if I took almost any set of new irons out.

2. What is your handicap index? My handicap is creeping towards 20. I have been able to get out for at least 9 holes every week for the past couple of months, and my game has been improving, as I have worked on one thing at a time.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Regular Flex, Unlisted (oddly). I'm not sure if my step-father-in-law took the stickers off or what.

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have hit oversized irons a few times at Golf Galaxy and Austad's. While they may take some time getting used it, I can see how they could come in extremely useful for improving consistency and feel of your game.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have tried to remain as active as possible. I am currently still testing for Vision Golf and the GreenSaver repair tool, and have made efforts to test those each weekly. If I were selected, I would keep on track my weekly 9 holes (or more), and make an attempt to get out to the driving range, while giving my thoughts each time I go out with these clubs.

Thank you Adams Golf and THP for this opportunity!

Thanks to Adams and THP for making this opportunity possible to the forum members! Sitting this one out since I am already testing a set of irons but looking forward to seeing how it goes for the 8 lucky testers!!

Thanks THP and Adams for such a great opportunity for the everyday golfer.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R9
2. What is your handicap index?12.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I have the DG S300 steel shafts in my irons now. I was fitted to them by the Mizuno Optimizer.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I like the smallest size head that I can handle. I think it cuts through the rough better. I might be wrong in my thoughts though. I think over sized irons are more forgiving and give more opportunities for corrected mis-hits.
I plan on playing these irons a least once a week and spending at least once a week on the range with them. I plan on working with each iron on its own to see how it works for me. I also will try putting the irons in different situations to see how they work for me. (Knock downs out of the woods, fairway bunkers, light rough and deep rough.) I spend a fair amount of time on THP and average in the top 50 posters each month. Thanks again for this great opportunity.

Heck yeah Ill sign up!!! Thanks Adams Golf and THP!!!

I currently play Boccieri Golf Heavy Irons 3-pw

I play to a 4.2

I play Project X 6.0 steel shafts in my irons. Steel.

Oversized irons are just like any other iron to me. Regardless of size, shape, or feel, if they work, then they work. I used to play blades and worried about what my bag looked like. I hit them pretty well too. But I think more cavity can be a good thing for anyone, including tour players.

My activity level speaks for itself. I average over 15 posts per day and have access to many great tools such as simulators (for winter) and a hybrid membership at over 6 different courses. My testing plan is to simply get out as much as possible (should be roughly 2 or 3x per week) once my internship ends and school starts next week. I would also plan on shooting many on course videos with my dad, as he would be gathering input from these right along my side. He is new to golf but is learning rather quickly.

Thanks to Adams Golf and THP for another great testing opportunity for the member community!! Look forward to reading the reviews and thoughts as this testing gets going.

ADAMS Contest

ADAMS Contest

Here is my second of many efforts to be a tester. This would really be such a thrill for me. I love new equipment/toys. I spend a lot of time at Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith. You all at THP have the greatest job in the world. I hope that you realize that.

1. What irons do you currently play? I just got a set of Taylormade TP CB. I had the best irons that I had ever played before the Adams CB2. Unfortunately they were in a regular shaft and I picked up some swing speed and needed stiff. I couldn't afford to replace with the CB2's at the time. I can't complain at all about the Taylormade CB's they are an amazing iron.
2. What is your handicap index? 20
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Steel shafts.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I know that they have helped me over the years, not really being one to utilize a true "Player's" iron. However there definitely needs to be some design in the iron to make it appealling, regardless of the size.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on the site pretty much every day. I look at the new product reviews on the mainpage and seach the forum to find out information about products that I'm going to buy. I follow THP on twitter as well. I have not posted much as of yet. I am relatively new but if given the opportunity to test that would surely change. As far as testing the product I am a range-a-holic. Golf is a borderline addition. I live new Chapel Hill NC and the UNC Finley golf range is amazing. I spend at least 3 days a week there and play almost every week. I love all the golf websites. I would really like to be a more active contributor to one.

Good luck all. Hit'em well.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Matrix
2. What is your handicap index? 22
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Wilson Matrix, Mens Flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I currently hit an oversized iron and I really like them. I have hit a regular iron, and like them, but I prefer an oversize iron.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf at least once or twice per week, as well as try to hit the driving range once every other week or so to clean up my swing. I have also been trying to get on the forum's more as the FedEx cup is coming to the wire. Some of the lesser known golfers that are making a good run and winning tournaments is fun to watch.

Thanks to THP and Adams for this opportunity, it would be a great honor to be able to test these!

great opportunity here for some lucky testers. Just picked up some B2's myself. Good luck to everyone!

Here is my second of many efforts to be a tester. This would really be such a thrill for me. I love new equipment/toys. I spend a lot of time at Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith. You all at THP have the greatest job in the world. I hope that you realize that.

I have not posted much as of yet. I am relatively new but if given the opportunity to test that would surely change. I would really like to be a more active contributor to one.

I hope this response finds you well and I hope you understand that I am not coming down on you, but rather a response we see quite a bit. When your only activity on THP is entering contests and/or testing threads, you will not be selected as a tester. It sounds as if you are only going to become active if given equipment to talk about. Now I am sure that is not the case, but when we are selecting people to test products, entries like this get passed over fairly quickly.

We have ALWAYS said, become active and people will get a shot at testing at some point. Unfortunately it does not work the other way around. I hope you enjoy THP and become active here as this forum and website has a lot to offer thanks to the thousands of great members.

Another amazing opportunity THP is providing to its members. Adam's has always been a brand I enjoyed playing. Regardless of whether or not I am selected to test these, I am very interested to see what the reviewers have to say.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 1.0
2. What is your handicap index? 16.3
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel stock uniflex shafts
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have alot of trouble with making solid contact with my long irons and an oversized iron would be ideal for me to get consistent ball striking in my game which is something I am severely lacking.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I had to take a brief golf hiatus for a month but now I am back playing again. I have been to the range 3 times this week and before I stopped I was going to the range 3-4 times a week and playing 2 rounds a week. I plan I continuing this schedule. I am currently at 14.5 posts per day and spend the majority of the day while at work posting here instead of doing actual work. I am very active on twitter and facebook so it would be very easy for me to provide feedback to Adams via both of those avenues as well as on THP.

What a great opportunity for eight lucky forum members. My season of regular playing may be over by mid November, but if that is long enough I'd like to put my name in the hat for this round of testing.

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland HB3
2. What is your handicap index? I don't keep an official handicap but going off oob it is about 21
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Cleveland Flight Speed, Regular Flex steel shafts.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Large toplines and wide soles obviously don't bother me in the least I've played the HB3 for two years and wonder whether going to less hybrid looking short irons would be a benefit to my game. I have always used GI irons since I got rid of my blades from high school and until I went SGI I was always having trouble hitting longer irons.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I can test these out at least once a week on the course. My course doesn't have a range but I do have access to a couple of grass ranges in my area for when I don't have the time to get out for a full round. I am on THP every day and post often.

Thanks to THP for the consideration.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway Razr X Tour
2. What is your handicap index? - 7.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? - Steel, Still Flex, Dynamic Gold S300
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? - The bottom line is performance. I like the looks of blades or players cavities a little more but ultimately for me I need forgiveness and I need performance, if an iron gives me both of those I am in regardless of how oversized they are.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I play and/or practice 2x per week. I am generally very active on THP and love talking all things equipment.

Thanks Adams Golf and THP for this amazing opportunity to test out some pre-release irons. Good luck to all those who sign up to be a tester.

Hello to Fellow Hackers

1-I currently play Bridgestone J36 pocket cavity irons from PW-4 and a 3iron Srixon Hybrid to round out my set.
2-My current handicap index is 14, I was a high single digit player in the past but after taking a season off when work got in the way a few years ago my handicap ballooned. Ive been diligently working to regain my old form and now comfortably shoot low 80’s scores at my home club of Huron Oaks in Bright’s Grove.
3- Currently I utilize Project X 6.0 steel shafts in my Irons and my Hybrid uses a Mitsubishi Ultralite Diamana Blue 74 stiff shaft.
4- Although I have a standard size iron set I have seen the positive results my playing partners have achieved with large irons. They use Ping G series irons and I found they have more confidence when standing over tha ball and gave them the confidence to take the shot they want to play.
5. Although my playing season is winding down in Ontario I still have quite a few rounds out on the course available to me as well as a full driving range at my club. We still have tournements scheduled into late October. If weather doesn’t cooperate my club has an indoor training facility with both driving range and computer simulator at my disposal. I am a shift worker which affords me ample time to play golf, usually 3-6 times in a 2 week period. I spent a lot of time trying and experimenting with different clubs before purchasing clubs in the past and I am able to be very subjective in my review. I am more than willing to take thourough notes throughout my play in regards to shot accuracy, distance, and feel.
I have a very consistant ball flight with my current irons which would afford me to make comparisons to flight with the Adams irons. I am always up for trying a club that has potential to help lower my score with practice.
As for forum activity im still learning the ropes and trying to become an active member to go along with my twitter and facebook that im already very active with. (@CdnSweets)
Thanks for reading over my submission and good luck to those who get selected to get the chance to test the clubs!

First of all I want to say thank you to :thp: and :adams: for this opportunity!!!!

1. What irons do you currently play? I play the Razr X irons 6-AW, Razr X hybrids 3-5

2. What is your handicap index? 15.1

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I'm playing stock uniflex, flighted steel shafts from True Temper. I was also fit to PX 5.5 Flighted.

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I think forgiving and straight! What it boils down too though, is how is it for my swing and how does it help my misses? Another thought I have with oversize irons is higher than needed ballflight. When I get fit, I always seem to hit it higher than I should and spin it more than I should. I'd really like a penetrating ballflight, and I think you can get that with an oversize head. I know its more a product of the shaft, but from my experience the oversize heads usually follow with high lauching shafts designed to help people get the ball in the air. One last thought.... lower scores is also something I think about :)

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am an active forum member and I do post a lot throughout the week. I feel I have a good relationship with many of the forum members. I'm on everyday as well.

I've learned a lot from mine and other thp'er equipment feedback threads that I plan to incorporate in the next opportunity I receive if I do. I get on the course a minimum of 1x a week but I'm at the range practicing 3-4x a week. After each round and practice session, Ill make sure that I update. I will be not only including pictures but also video feedback as I feel it helps to convey some of the points that are hard to put into words. I like the one take approach on videos, good shot or bad, the feedback always comes back to the results. I'm always going to be honest and Ill be extremely active in the testing thread.

It's hard to get started on this site. For someone new like myself. Posting on why you would like to be a tester seems like an easy in-road. I don't discount the fact that several probably hundred to thousand people have been here way longer. Seeing now that I would have no way to be a part of anything that you all do here is kind of sad and I will probably move on.

Back