Forum Testing Signup - Jumbo Max Grips

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

about_main.png

The Equipment
Last week we had a preview of these grips in the forum and it seemed like a perfect product for forum testing and reviews.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
12 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with War Eagle.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to install the grips and then test them out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the grips thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What grips are you currently playing?
2. What size golf glove do you use?
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
War Eagle
AngreeYankee
DevRickus
O'Carroll
SkibumGolfer
TBonafide
MileHighGolfer
MaleMotives
Drew714
#Cookie
Sharkhat
Orange Hog
mmaynard

Last edited:
Stock grips that came with all my clubs, therefore, my r7 grips are at least 6 years old!

Medium Large

No, but I want to do so!

1. What grips are you currently playing? Golf Pride NDMC

2. What size golf glove do you use? Medium

3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? No I have not.

Thanks to THP for this great opportunity

My iron have standard stock grips and my driver, 3W, and 4H are both using DriTac mid sized grips

XL

No, just the mid sized ones.

-everything stock and Lamkin Crossline on my wedges.

2. What size glove do you wear?
-Large

- No I have not but I've got big hands and have always thought they might help.

Thanks again for another awesome testing opportunity. Maybe this will be the one I get selected for!

I'll give it a go. Thanks THP and JumboMax for another unique testing opportunity!

1. What grips are you currently playing? I currently play a Standard size Tour Velvet grip.
2. What size golf glove do you use? Medium.
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? No I have not.

Last edited:
I'm gonna pass on this test since the season is ending soon here in the big white north, but I will follow the results from this test closely, this looks like a great product

I too will pass on this one, partly as I don't expect to be able to play much longer, but mainly because I have very recently changed all of my grips and I am still in the process of getting accustomed to them so I don't feel that I could give an honest opinion between the 2

I will still be interested to hear thoughts on them for those who do get chosen

1. What grips are you currently playing?Winn Dri-Tac Standard, and stock grips for rest of clubs.
2. What size golf glove do you use? M
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? No

I completely forgot about this from the newsletter!! Thank you THP for this awesome opportunity.

1. What grips are you currently playing? GP NDMC and Lamkin Crossline 3GEN Ace
2. What size golf glove do you use? Cadet Large
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? Only on putters. Never used bigger than a midsize with 3 wraps.

1. What grips are you currently playing? Currently Playing GP NDMC on my irons, Lamkin 3gens on wedges, and Lamkin I-line on driver.
2. What size golf glove do you use? XL
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? Only on my putter, I always thought oversize grips helped people who hook the golf ball, and that has never been my problem.

Thanks to :thp: and Jumbo Max Grips for this great testing opportunity. I am pretty clueless on how grip size effects the swing and I have never been measured for grips, but if these help me hit it longer/straighter, then sign me up!

1. What grips are you currently playing? Pure Grips DTX Midsize.
2. What size golf glove do you use? Medium Left Hand Glove.
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? I have not tried an oversized grip before. I recently upgraded to a Midsize grip to prevent an overactive twisting of the wrists. I have seen some improvement from errant shots to the left. Testing out an oversized grip might just put an end to those pulled shots.

Interesting. I've seen plenty of oversized grips, but most felt mushy to me on the irons or driver.

1. What grips are you currently playing? Stock Wilson grips on irons, Golf Pride NDMC, Lamkin Crosslines on driver/woods
2. What size golf glove do you use? Cadet Medium
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? No. Like most, I thought smaller grips promoted a draw. Hands aren't terribly big anyway.

Caveat - My season ends completely when the snow hits. Probably early Dec. After that it's all golf dome.

Awesome opportunity here! Anxious to follow this one along.

1) Lamkin REL 3GEN
2) medium
3) yes

1. What grips are you currently playing? Pure Wrap on my woods, stock on my irons, Lamkin 3gen on my wedges.
2. What size golf glove do you use? Cadet Medium.
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? I have tried an oversize grip once or twice and hit the ball dead straight--as opposed to my normal right to left (draw/hook) ball flight. I always wrote off oversize grips for people with large hands; however, if they can limit overactive wrist turn, this could be a perfect match for me.

I wish it were earlier in the year. I'm very intrigued by the bigger grips and would have loved to sign up for testing, but as I'll be lucky to have 6 weeks left in the season I'll have to wait on the reviews and decide before re-gripping over the winter (love those half price sales at GolfTown every winter).

Thanks for the opportunity, but I tested the GolfPride Niions and really like them! I'd rather not mess with that right now.

Sure I'll stick my name in the hat. Thanks THP and JumboMax for another cool testing chance!

1. What grips are you currently playing? Golf Pride NDMC on irons/wedges, stock Lamkin Superlights on hybos/FW, stock TM Velvet on driver, Lamkin 3Gen on putter
2. What size golf glove do you use? Medium
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? Just swung a hybrid in the store with a midsize grip, and it felt better than I thought. I'm a tennis player, so I'm kind of used to the idea of big grips, so I'm not entirely uncomfortable with the idea.

Last edited:
1. What grips are you currently playing? Stock Ping on my irons. New Decade Multi Compound on my woods. all +2 wraps
2. What size golf glove do you use? Large
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past? I have a friend who has an oversize on his driver that I've tried a few times and liked how it felt. Seemed to quiet my hands, but that was only for a few shots that I tried it on. I would be interested to see how going to an oversize over a longer period works--to actually see if it is just a quick fix or a long term solution.

thanks to THP and Jumbo Max for this testing opportunity!

Another great THP opportunity.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap

Cadet Medium

No. With smaller hands I have been lead to believe I need a standard grip for proper hand action.

Lamkin REL 3Gen standard size

L/XL

Briefly. At a demo day I talked with the JumboMax rep and swung a sand wedge. Been considering it ever since as I have large(r) hands and they felt great.

I'd love to put them to the test. Thanks for the opportunity, THP and Jumbo Max!

Lamkin REL 3Gen and iLine, with three wraps

Large or ML

Yes, Lamkin Crossline oversized

Really looking forward to the feedback here. Its interesting to see a product that is definitely geared towards fixing something and find out from a group testing if it works.

Really looking forward to the feedback here. Its interesting to see a product that is definitely geared towards fixing something and find out from a group testing if it works.

You and me both.

Any idea how many grips each tester will receive? Just trying to imagine how I would test these throughout the bag if selected.

1. What grips are you currently playing?--Lamkin 3 gen
2. What size golf glove do you use?--Large
3. Have you tried oversize grips in the past?--I have not

Back