Forum Testing Signup: New Shafts Before They Hit Stores

On second thought, I love my Elevates and have no way to swap shafts out without driving or sending them to Phoenix, so I'm gonna sit this one out and take in the feedback. Good luck everyone!

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? DG S300
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? Absolutely!
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? I've always wanted to give graphite a go and extra swing speed never hurt anyone! I'm super interested if I end up with any ball direction bias during my sessions. Does the weigh difference give me fits or actually help me with tempo?

1. I normally play steel in the 120 range. Things like KBS Tour, $-taper, Project X, DGs, AMTs, etc. Some recoil proto 110 graphite, but mostly the usual suspects.

2. I do like trying unique golf items. Mostly shafts and heads though. They seem less gimmicky than some of the other stuff. They're not always a great fit for me, but I think I can still appreciate what they offer. Like the UHX irons. They don't suit me, but I still think they're absolutely brilliant.

3. I think they'd be fun to try because they shouldn't be doing what they're doing! Why the speed? How so stable? At those swing speeds and that weight?!? All these questions need researching and experimentation, and R & E is FUN!

I would be willing to try these. My irons have TT S300s stiff shafts, and I would be willing to switch out my irons.
I love toying with my setup to get more out of them and lower my scores.
The light weight on these is quite intriguing. I'd like to see how they handle different shot shapes and selections.

@JB , apologies if this was already answered... would testing these in hybrids be acceptable?

@JB , apologies if this was already answered... would testing these in hybrids be acceptable?

That is up to you, but in my opinion, sure. Length dependent of course.

1. Currently I am playing the UST Mamiya 780 ES Smacwrap 87g shaft.

2. I may or may not have tried every unique training aid that has come along trying to improve.

3. I have been intrigued since March when Jman first started a thread about Robin's Excalibur shafts. A 5mph increase in speed and a good dispersion pattern is so interesting. And Robins comments on how different players have simular results despite different swing speeds.

Not sure why it isn't posting as Golfever, JB.

I seriously thought about signing up for this but I’m going to pass. I just put a set of recoils in some blades and I’ll play around with those for a bit.

I play the taylormade R15 black driver, in stiff shaft. I have stiff shaft all the way through my bag and really enjoy them, definitely the right stiffness for me.
I love to try different shafts, heads and clubs.
I think that if I could be apart of this test, I would be able to learn more, and maybe become better at the game . I’m a junior who is trying to get into the big leagues one day and hopefully this will help as well. Also I play every day.

Thanks for opportunity.

I play the same shafts in my irons and wedges except have a couple of Recoil Prototype shafts in the 50 & 54.

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? UST Recoil 95 F3
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? 😉.... Yes! Unfortunately too many according to my better half.
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? Many comments but I am getting older and a lighter shaft even with higher swing speeds and the stability might be my next step in shafts. I especially like the forum interaction from Robin and would be happy to provide feedback.

I have 3 sets

Ping s59 tour issue
Zz 65 lite shaft stiff

Taylormade SIM ventus blue velocore 6

and

Callaway apex irons
True temper s300 stiff

and

taylormade proto p750 irons
True temper s300

player data
Swing speed 105-110

7i - 155 +\-
Driver - 285-305

Range 2x a week
Simulator 1x a week or less
9-18holes 1-2times a week

living in Nashville TN
Currently testing for new irons
Currently being fitted for game improvement

I love gear and finding what changes To gear can shift play styles.

The testing done with hybrid heads has been amazing. In this setup it seems to really let the shaft perform. Its not just the great numbers posted but the ease of how it played.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Bump. ;)

Hmmm...... I really want to try these out but I am not sure I will be able to give them enough testing time over the next 30 days. :unsure:

Screw it. If I get selected, I will just have to make it happen, wife be damned! :D

1. What iron shafts do you normally play? Oban CT125
2. Do you like trying unique golf items? Uh yeah and love trying out new things to get data points. Especially innovative stuff.
3. After reading @Jman review why do you think these might be fun to try? I was surprised given JMan's swing speed on how responsive these were given that they are so much lighter than what I would traditionally look into. Normally a shaft this light I wouldn't even look at twice given swing speed and how I like the club to feel but if they performed that well for James, then I can't not be intrigued on how a lighter totral mass club might impact swing speed/contact/spin given what I am used to. These would be going into the UHX to see what how they work with a hollow body/launcher setup.

Two more days to signup and then we will be sending these out to testers next week.

Back