Forum Testing Signup - PING Scottsdale TR Putter

Thanks to THP and Ping for this great opportunity
1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal-X 7
2. What is your strength in putting? reading the slope, distance, and angle of the greens
3. What is your weakness in putting? getting the ball to go where I want it after I've read the green
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Grayhawk
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? Mainly on course play, with some putting green testing if the course is full

Dan

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal X #7
2. What is your strength in putting? reading the green
3. What is your weakness in putting? distance control
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Grayhawk (straight arc)
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I live and work 10 minutes from a driving range with multiple putting greens; I currently play (weather permitting) once a week and make it to the driving range at least 2 a week, so I would continue this trend, especially with daylight savings coming up.

Wow, another great testing opportunity. Thank you Ping and THP.

I am a bit of a Ping homer and it is disappointing that I currently do not have the time needed to participate in this testing. I have had success with various Ping clubs over the years and I look forward to the reviews. Good luck everyone!

Crossing fingers on this one. What a great opportunity from PING and THP. This site is amazing

Groove tech has come a long way over time, I'll be curious to see what testers encounter on miss hits.

This has blown up since I was last in here. Glad to see the forum support!

Went and rolled the Piper C today. A little deeper than my M8, but man is it a sweet feel! Droppin em like it's hot!

LtEvO TaPpEd

Went and rolled the Piper C today. A little deeper than my M8, but man is it a sweet feel! Droppin em like it's hot!

LtEvO TaPpEd

That's awesome bro. You had a bunch of putters in your hands today.

Thank you Ping & THP for another testing opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Taylormade Rossa Corza Ghost
2. What is your strength in putting? 5 footers
3. What is your weakness in putting? Lag putting/Distance control
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Piper C or Anser
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I will document each putt from distances 2 feet to 30 feet. I will be documenting the feel, the speed differences, feel differences for each distance marker between the Ping and my current putter. I will then test right to left putts from 5 to 20 feet then left to right from 5 to 20 feet. Confidence is a big part of putting and I will give my unbiased opinion concerning the look and feel of the putter to my eyes and how that translates into my thought process vs my current putter. I have access to golf courses and a state of the art golf practice facility 5 minutes from my house.

Thanks THP and PING!!

OMG I tried the Shea model today and I went head over heels for how amazing and smooth it was. This putter is beautiful ladies and gentleman. If you do get the chance to try it I know you'll love it.

Don't forget to give a thank you to THP & Ping on Facebook and twitter.

1. What putter are you currently playing?
Odyssey White Ice #1
2. What is your strength in putting?
Distance control is my best part of putting.
3. What is your weakness in putting?
Alignment is my weakest part.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test?
I'd like to test the Anser 2
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter?
I'd test them side by side in various areas I practice putting.
On the course, at Putt Putt and on the living room carpet.
Trying various shots and lengths from on the green to 5 yds off the green to see if the feel is the same or better than my Odyssey.

Thanks THP and Ping, love getting chances to test my fav clubs

1. What putter are you currently playing?--Metal x #7

2. What is your strength in putting?--lag putting and speed control. 100 footer anyone?

3. What is your weakness in putting?--I have a large arc in my putter swing so hitting the sweet spot is difficult.

4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Anser 2, ZBS Tatum or whatever a fitting would suggest

5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter?
I would take this putter out against my metal x #7 on the practice green. While showing slow motion video comparing the roll and contact with the ball. I would also compare looks, sound and feel all while practicing with the putter.

Thanks THP and PING! Sweet opportunity here for some testing!

1. What putter are you currently playing?
Taylormade Ghost Spider
2. What is your strength in putting? Putting is probably one of the strengths of my game overall. My strength in putting might be puting the ball on a good line toward the hole.
3. What is your weakness in putting? I can hammer the ball at times, leaving myself some work coming back, some ground to make up, some meat on the bone.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Answer 2 - I really want an Anser style blade putter.
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I really enjoy putting! I think testing a putter would easily be more frequent, feasable, and efficient than testing a wood or iron. It would be a free! Just take a few balls and go hit the putting green at your local course. That's what I would do frequently and I would utilize local golf course putting greens so I'm putting an real grass - not turf. Also, I think I would buy a Super Stroke Slim grip because that's what I'm accustomed to on my Taylor Ghost Spider. I think the Super Stroke Slim enhances the stability of my putting stroke and I would want the Scottsdale TR Anser 2 putter to have the same variable as my gamer so that we're comparing apples to apples. I wouldn't want my current gamer to have an unfair advantage, so I'd use the same grip. I would test putts from varying distances - some so fair that you have to give the ball a good smack. Those long distances putts are where I think you reallly get to see if the True Roll grooves are performing. I would attempt to take long distance putts and see which putter gets the ball rolling versus skidding just after impact. That should be a good way to compare grooves. Long distance putts may also help you figure out which one you can jive with better as far as speed and lag. Then of course, you've got to see which one give you confidence on those 5 footers. And of course, I'd put it in play.

Thanks!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal X #7
2. What is your strength in putting? Distance and usually reading the breaks correctly
3. What is your weakness in putting? Pull lefts, short putts.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Anser or carefree. Anser looks similiar to my old ping zing 2, carefree looks interesting.
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? Feel, how does it compare to the metal x insert, soft, hot, etc. Roll, how does it start of the clubface. look at address, does it inspire confidence.

Really cool seeing all of the signups for this one.

Going to sit this one out, really like my Ping Scottsdale Pickem. Since putting is one of my better areas dont want to change that.

Goodluck to everyone signingup.

Everyone make sure to get your entries in! This is one of the best testing opportunities I've seen! Not sure when the dead line is but just get your name in!

Testers will be announced Monday.

Sounds awesome JB. Definitely looking forward to seeing who gets to test them. Especially after trying the Shea model yesterday. I am in love!

Awesome news, I hope there are a bunch of signups over the weekend!!!

Definitely a lot of sign ups. Man I love seeing the THP support. Good job forum.

I hope I'm not too late!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Black Series Tour Design 1 wide 350g Left Handed
2. What is your strength in putting? Speed
3. What is your weakness in putting? Downill putts that break left.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Piper C or Anser
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? Putting is the strongest part of my game. I spend around 4-6 hours a week on the practice greens. I would do side by side comparisons with my Odyssey on every putt imaginable, Lag, uphill, downwill, left breakers, right breakers, etc.. on a daily basis and update enough to bore everyone senseless with putt descriptions!

I'll admit to sort of forgetting about PING when it comes to putters, which is sort of stupid when you consider their history. I expect we'll have a good group of testers and hopefully somebody will pick the one I liked. It's surprisingly nice looking and I'd like to see some in-hands.

Back