Forum Testing Signup - PING Scottsdale TR Putter

I would LOVE to try one of these. I'm getting sick of my mallet, and a test putter would be very well received :act-up:

1. What putter are you currently playing?
I play a 34" Taylormade Ghost Spider
2. What is your strength in putting?
I can get VERY hot with the putter, pretty much making everything I look at. I tend to excel on faster greens
3. What is your weakness in putting?
I'm a very streaky putter, and I tend to push a whole lot of putts on any day that's not perfect. Slow greens kill me.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test?
I would love to use the ZB S, but if it's unavailable, either the Anser or the Shea would be a suitable substitute.
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter?
As a preliminary test, I would go to a practice green, choose varying lengths of putts (like 5, 10, and 20 feet), and stroke ten putts with each putter. I would observe the roll, feel, made putts, ease of stroke, and overall confidence with each putter. i would repeat the test with the Scottsdale multiple times, to try each length (the the test putter is one of the adjustables) Then throughout the year, I would go to golf courses with differing green speeds and structures, bring both putters along, and try every putt I get with both puters (preferably multiple times if I'm not with a group). I would continue to record and collect the data of the aforementioned categories, make a decision on which putter I like at each course, then report back to THP periodically on the official forum.

I didn't realize you can adjust these bad boys! Cool video Icey and Ping has really raised the bar with this option.

I think the adjustability is just as interesting as the new insert. This could be a winner.

I think the adjustability is just as interesting as the new insert. This could be a winner.

Agreed. I roll a 36" putter as SeeMore for me to a slightly longer shaft than normal. The fitting possibilities for this line are pretty cool.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey teron xg
2. What is your strength in putting? reading greens and distance
3. What is your weakness in putting? missing left
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Piper c
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? Well after my latest round of 43 putts I have been working on my putting. I would put it head to head against my current putter indoors daily from 3-15feet 20 shots at each distance, on the practice green weekly from 4-12 foot 4 balls around the hole having to drain all 4 balls to move out a foot. I would keep stats and compare both putters equally.

Just have to say thanks again to both THP and Ping for another great testing opportunity - hopefully I have made the cut before the selection of the testers

1. What putter are you currently playing? Fazer Contender 203
2. What is your strength in putting? Distance control
3. What is your weakness in putting? Starting the putt on the correct line
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Grayhawk, Shea or Tomcat S - Grayhawk is most like my current putter
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? See below

First and foremost would be comparing the in-hand look and feel and how comfortable I feel over the ball
This would then be followed by practicing (either at home or on a practice green) to compare

• The feedback given by strikes both centre and off-centre
  • How the alignment aids help to set up a putt
  • How easy it is to then start the ball on the chosen line - although admittedly this could be adversely affected by the idiot holding the club... :alien:

Once I am comfortable with the above I will then look at setting up putts of varying lengths to work on distance control - this would be either to a specific hole on a putting green or could possibly consist of rolling a single ball and then trying to replicate this distance with the following strokes, taking note of how the ball reacts on varying lengths

If I was picked and there was anything specific that members would like to see then all that would be needed would be a question fired up and I would look to answer it to the best of my ability

Thanks again THP and Ping

Don't forget to thank THP & Ping on all the social media sites.

POWW!

Monday is almost here, get your sign in now!!!

I really hope I get picked!!! I want this putter

I believe tonight is the last night before the testers are announced tomorrow! Everyone get in on this!

I rolled the Piper C today at Golfsmith....oh my wow, I hope I get some more time with this beauty. Awesome feel. Just awesome. Get in on this people, this will be a great testing, I can feel it.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Bettinardi Custom HMM
2. What is your strength in putting? reading greens and picking good lines
3. What is your weakness in putting? lag putting
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Piper c
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? i have tried tons of putters and i have become very good at changing putters even mid round and getting good numbers and thoughts on how they perform well or not well for me. i would use my knowledge of putters and my methods of changing putters during the round to give it a test to see how it does against my putter.

Rolled the piper c for half an hour today. That thing is awesome. I would be pondering hard if I had the $$ right now. Wow

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Figure I'll give this one a shot! Great testing opportunity from PING and THP!
1. What putter are you currently playing? Scotty Cameron GoLo S
2. What is your strength in putting? Lag putting
3. What is your weakness in putting? Speed on the short ones. Either too much or too little
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Anser 2
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? would be taking it to the local track and testing it aganist my GoLo S. Going to test feel on center hits and hits on the toe/heel. Also test how it performs on lag putting with speed as my main focus point. I'm not a fan of insert faced putters and never owned one so I would really like to put them to the test in on course conditions with feel being my main focus point.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Rossie White Hot XG 35"
2. What is your strength in putting? Good at reading greens and speed. Average less than 2putts/hole every round. Good at hitting my proposed line. I won my current putter in a long putt contest and I am usually in the final contest in putting contests.
3. What is your weakness in putting? I don't 1 putt every hole.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? B60
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? Would use video. Play my Odyssey and the Ping putter on same spot on the green to the hole and measure speed and distance results. Accuracy of line etc... Could use practice green at home, indoor at golf facility, outdoors on a practice green and during games. Give review on fit and feel and sound as well.

This is going to be a good one. Please Please Please let it be me.

You guys are gonna love this putter.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Bettinardi BB33
2. What is your strength in putting? Alignment
3. What is your weakness in putting? Speed
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Shea, followed closely by Greyhawk
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I will do most of my work on my Birdieball putting mat, testing feel and speed. I would work on many different distances up to about 16', then follow it up by on course testing. My putting is a weak point in my game and would love to see what a TR Series putter would do.

1. What putter are you currently playing? TaylorMade Ghost MA-81
2. What is your strength in putting? Alignment
3. What is your weakness in putting? Distance control on medium to long putts
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Shea
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I would compare the putters head to head, ie, look, feel, finish and adjustability. I would compare on the testing greens and playing rounds.

I have a scottsdale y worry around here somewhere and its wonderful. I just tangent putted it well in so long. I do plan to get it out done this year if I get around to regripping it.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I have a scottsdale y worry around here somewhere and its wonderful. I just tangent putted it well in so long. I do plan to get it out done this year if I get around to regripping it.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

monday bump, the clock is winding down on this one

Keep the singups coming. I am so so so intrigued by the Piper C. The way the ball came off the face when I rolled it yesterday left me wanting more. Plus it looks awesome to boot.

Very pumped about this one. Would be exciting to test this bad boy against my new mFGP for a spot in the bag!

Keep them coming!
Remember to thank THP & Ping on all the Social Media sites!
POWW!

Back