Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade M2 Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, training aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

CZkdpydVAAAjeD_.jpg

The Driver
In the past, it has been challenging to create products that can provide exceptional distance and forgiveness at the same time. In most cases, a product would deliver one benefit at the expense of the other, but the M2 gives golfers the best of both worlds. M2 is built with a multi-material construction – the same as M1 - that features an ultra-light, ultra-thin and high-strength Carbon Composite Crown; unlocking exceptional distance and forgiveness for more golfers.

Criteria
3 Testers total will be involved in this review.
You must be able to play golf. Either on the course or in a practice facility.
RH only for this one.

Qualifying
THP is and always will remain free of charge. For those that want more, such as THP Events, equipment testing and much much more, the Albatross Club is available. Your "ticket" is the 2016 Albatross Club membership which goes to help animal shelters and pets in need around the country. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the driver and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months or so. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What is your current driver head?
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)?
3. What is your driver swing speed?
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Would absolutely love to test this one out. The M2 line has gotten a big reaction on tour and I would love to see what the hype is about.

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway Great Big Bertha
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Grandura 530x
3. What is your driver swing speed? 104-108
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High and typically with a slight draw

Have really been looking what's coming out of Taylormade lately. Another awesome opportunity to test some awesome gear. Thanks THP and Taylormade!

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway XR played at 9°

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? UST Mamiya Elements prototype shaft in stiff. I believe the weight is right around 55g.

3. What is your driver swing speed? right around 106

4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? I would call it mid high flight with a small draw.

I am so happy this is happening!

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway 816 DBD
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Grandura 590 TS
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? mid height draw

Thanks TaylorMade and THP for making this happen.

Oh wow a great opportunity! The M2 is absolutely on my list of stuff to hit. I won't get to hit much till the spring tho unfortunately. Cant wait to follow along tho

Look forward to following this one. Very curious on these.

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Fujikura Speeder 565, 55 stiff
3. What is your driver swing speed? 97
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High ball, mostly straight

1. I play a Ping G30 SF Tec driver head

2. I have the Ping Tour 65 shaft in Stiff flex; the shaft weighs in at 61g.

3. My driver swing speed is right at 100mph, +/- a couple in either direction depending on the day.

4. I've got all the shots, I just don't always know when I'm going to play them
:bashful: When I'm playing well I hit a lot of straight shots and baby draws. I feature block fades and pull hooks when I am playing poorly. I tend to hit a medium high to high ball with the driver.

I would love the opportunity to test this Taylormade model.

1. What is your current driver head? M1
2. What shaft are you currently playing Regular, 55g, Matrix, White Tie 50X4
3. What is your driver swing speed? 90-92
4. What is your typical ball flight? Medium flight - baby fade

cool testing, good luck to everyone

This is awesome! Been looking at the Taylormade M line since the M1 came out.

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Fujikura 565 speeder, 55g stiff
3. What is your driver swing speed? 98-100
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? high ball, straight to baby draw

Thanks THP and TaylorMade for this opportunity!

1. What is your current driver head? M1 set to 9 degrees
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Audila Rouge Silver 70 Stiff Flex - Cut a half inch shorter
3. What is your driver swing speed? 110-115 mph
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? I keep a pretty low ball flight with the driver. When hit solid its pretty straight, miss is typically a pull.

I've always played TM drivers.

1. What is your current driver head? TM Aeroburner 10.5°

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff flex-50g-TaylorMade Matrix Speed RUL-Z 50

3. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100

4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Low and right.

Can't wait to read the reviews. Dead of the winter here, so good luck to those that can play.

So glad to see Taylormade and THP giving 3 THPers the chance at this review!

Unfortunately I will withhold my name from contention due to weather.

I don't have anywhere to hit this right now, but I can't wait to read the thoughts of the testers.

Thanks for another awesome opportunity, THP!!!

1. What is your current driver head? X2Hot in 10.5
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Stiff Red Tie
3. What is your driver swing speed? ~ 95 mph, give or take
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High fade

1. What is your current driver head? Titleist D2 set at 9.5 degrees

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Adila Phenom 7.3 70G stiff

3. What is your driver swing speed? 95ish

4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Medium flight with a draw.

Would love to be able to test this as i loved my R9 before switching to the 913D. Thanks for the opportunity THP!!

Would absolutely like to give this driver a go and provide feedback to this community and for TaylorMade!!!

1. What is your current driver head?
Bridgestone J715 9.5*

2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)?
ProjectX HZDRUZ Black 6.0 62g
3. What is your driver swing speed? 102-105
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)?
Mid ball flight with a slight fade.

Thanks for the opportunity to get to possibly try this club!

1. What is your current driver head? TaylorMade R15TP 10.5* 2x12.5g set to the Neutral setting D4 swing weight
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70-3.3-S flex 3.3 torque / 74g
3. What is your driver swing speed? 89-93 MPH
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Typical ball flight is a medium high left to right draw (I'm a lefty)

What a great opportunity. Thanks to THP and TaylorMade.

1. What is your current driver head? Bridgestone J815
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Aldila RIP Alpha in regular flex
3. What is your driver swing speed? 94
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High and slightly left to right.

Would to do this considering the results I initially saw with M1 driver

1. What is your current driver head? Currently playing Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 7.2 stiff
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? Left and low

Thanks THP and Taylormade for this amazing opportunity!!

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway XR 10.5* (2015 model)
2. What shaft are you currently playing? Project X LZ 50 Blue, stiff shaft that weighs 56 grams.
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
4. What is your typical ball flight? Medium to High ball flight with a draw.

Last edited:
Cool opportunity, stoked to see more forum testing!

1. What is your current driver head? Callaway GBB
2. What shaft are you currently playing (flex, weight, brand, type)? PX HZRDUS, stiff, guessing 65 on weight
3. What is your driver swing speed? 97
4. What is your typical ball flight (high vs low, left vs right, etc)? High push

Back