Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this thread only on 12 pages? Have people seen these freaking iron? They might be the best looking irons I've seen in a long time and this is all the signups we get??? I know the answer but come on now, lets sign up to test these bad boys.
I was thinking the same thing. Wilson Staff is a great company, and these iron are sexy!

Edit: didn't see JB's thread till after I posted. Sorry about that.

My Di9's are without a doubt some of the best feel Irons I've ever had my hands on. Enormous loss to those who choose not to sign up because the name Wilson Staff repulses them. Such a shame.

And it's only been up for barely 24 hours. Some people only get on at work, hehehe.

Agreed! I've been trying to spread the word on both facebook and twitter. Golf buddies are loving the look! I love them.

Forum was slow last night and today. It should blow up tomorrow. At least I hope so.

Kongfrontation

Im only going to ask one more time before we start deleting posts.
There is no need to remind the world every single page that more people should sign up.
Its only been up for 24 hours and I am sure will pick up.

I've never hit any WS irons to be honest but just from the looks. They just look amazing. It's a sad turn out in my opinion.

I have played the fat shafts when they first came out back in '97....seriously

Kongfrontation

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Insight XTD 2
2. What is your handicap index? 18-20
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel Uniflex, I ought to play Stiff however.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 5-8 times per month. Driving range at least once a week. I take a lesson every 2-3 weeks from a PGA Professional. While I haven't been a member of THP too long, and I haven't yet settled into the community (no gatherings just yet), I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I have the THP forums pinned as a tab in Chrome and find myself checking every hour or so what's going on and trying to chime in wherever I can. I've read the testing examples and feel I can offer a thorough review.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Tour Preferred MB
2. What is your handicap index? 7.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold S300
4. Are you right handed or left handed? right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to hit the clubs on the range about twice a week and I usually play at least once a week. I have a few days off so I will maximize the amount of time spent with them. I can supply pictures and videos of usage of the clubs and many many postings as I am on the forum every day.

No idea man. Ws makes some amazing equipment and people should be honored to get a chance to.test these.

No joke. These irons are SICK! I know in the early years Wilson was not a top brand for golf equipment but they REALLY have their stuff together when I saw these irons.

Man I wish I could play these :) Very sweet looking irons, hoping for some excellent tester feedback here.

--
tapatalk

BTW I love the glow the irons put off at 0:50 and 0:51 seconds in the video......its like wooooooooooooooooaaaaa

zeus.jpg

Last edited:
Totally excited about these clubs, here's my info:

1. What irons do you currently play?
Callaway 2007 X-Forged

2. What is your handicap index?
I currently have a 19 index, and have been steadily improving of late

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Shafts are Steel Project X, Flighted, 6.0 (Stiff) flex

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right-handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I'll definitely spend some range time, comparing these irons side-by-side with my own. I'll be looking into trajectories, distances, and overall feel at the range and on course. I can hit up a nearby 9-hole golf course after work, and do the on-course side-by-side testing. Things have lightened up at work, which has allowed me to be more active on THP. I will definitely be able to upload notes about these clubs on a weekly basis. (basically, after every time I use them)

Amazing! These irons look very special, some testers are going to be extremely lucky! Good luck everyone.

Big thanks to THP again, and to Wilson Staff for this one.

I'll be sitting this out again due to my current testing commitments, but I'll be very interested in following along.

Wilson! Wilson! Willllllllson!!!

Wilson! Wilson! Willllllllson!!!

Irons currently played:
TaylorMade R9

Handicap Index: 9.7

What shaft currently played:
KBS 90 stiff

Right or Left: Right

Testing Plan and Activity:
Range at least twice per week. At least one round per week. Comparisons with current irons as well as getting others to try them to get feedback vs what they play. Videos to be posted as well in the forum as well as on Facebook. My activity level has been daily/weekly views of the THP website, and always feeling jealous of those who get to test equipment. Being 6'5", it's rare I see a review by someone with my body and game characteristics. Ive also purchased the THP mag!
As a former golf coach, I also have access to teams of players in HS as well as college here in town. What a cool group to provide feedback from as well!!!

Wow, great stuff. Nice looking irons

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP 68
2. What is your handicap index? 1.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel 6.5 Project X
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Left Handed
My plan would be to test them (comparing them to my current set at the golf range). I will also put them in play and play a series of 9 hole tests. My activity level on the THP is moderate. I am on the site daily, reading and also listening to THP Radio. I do post when relating to golf topics that interest me.

So many great opportunities here at THP!

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade TP Forged MC Irons
2. What is your handicap index? 13.8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold S300.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will use the Testing Example thread as a guideline for my testing. Activity will be high.

Tweeted and FB'ed it

Callaway Razr X Tour

Steel, Xstiff, KBS Tours

I am left handed

I believe that testing is a long term process and I approach opportunities like this as so. I like to implement a lot of pictures and video into my testing regiment. I don't really try to compare a product to what I already have, I try to do my testing and my reviews based on my experiences with what I am using. The testing thread would be updated often and I love to view testing not as a solo thing but as a team effort so I also like to ask questions of the other testers.

My activity level on THP is fairly high. I am on here often and I know a few people. I don't plan on "taking any time off" or anything like that.

I would like to thank W/S for the faith they have in THP, and I'd like to thank THP for bringing this chance to the forum. Good luck everyone.

My activity level on THP is fairly high. I am on here often and I know a few people. I don't plan on "taking any time off" or anything like that.

Being modest are we?

I would love to demo these clubs. My first set of clubs were Wilson Staff blades with the red dot on the bottom of the head. Learned how to golf with those and still have them.

1. What irons do you currently play? MP 52
2. What is your handicap index? 10
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Dynamic Gold R300
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Plan to take them to the range 2 - 3 days per week and play 3 rounds per week. I visit THP 6 - 7 times per week. Post moderately. Love the tips and reviews here.

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.[/QUOTE]

Top Flite Tour
Muscle by Fenwick S90 Firm
Right handed
I play 2 to 3 times per week plus some range time. I would be able to test these irons 3 to 4 times per week and would provide updates on THP and Facebook at least every other outing. My iron game is consistent so my base for testing is solid. I consider my self active on THP but have not had the opportunity to test yet and I would love the chance to provide useful information back to the members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back