Forum Testing - Vibram Five Finger Golf Shoe Sign-up

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

i-jsGxNPd-L.png

The Footwear
We have a unique product called the Vibram Five Finger Golf Shoe for review. You will get to choose between two styles, the V-classic and V-ClassicLR.

From the company:
Vibram FiveFingers V-Classic design features a new outsole created specifically for golf, with two upper options – leather in the LR model (MSRP $190), and textile in the standard Classic model (MSRP $130). Both offer a traditional lacing system for a classic golf shoe look.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf.
5 Forum Members will be selected to participate.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the shoes out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the club thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe?
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here?
3. What is your second choice?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
jjcgolf72
sanzabar
checkered
golfinFF
GreekgodX

Last edited:
More testing! Good luck to all and I look forward to the feedback.

Hmmm this will be an interesting round of testing.

Man, these are crazy looking but I would LOVE to test them. As a walker, comfort is key to me!

Spikeless, minimal style shoe

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here?

Speed-XC LTE

Speed XC

Thanks for the chance to sign up. Here are my answers.

1. light and athletic looking - not a big fan of the old skool look
2. Speed XC Lite in grey/orange size 41 please
3. TrekSPort Sandal in grey/yellow/black size 41 please

Good luck to those entering!

All about comfort with this one

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe?--Right now Im a big fan of spikeless.

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/golf_mens.htm"]found here?--Speed-XC LITE

3. What is your second choice?--Speed XC

Forum Testing - Vibram Five Finger Golf Shoe Sign-up

This is something i would really like to test out as i've never found a comfortable pair of "traditional" golf shoes yet.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? The 'standard' golf shoe, all black or all white, generally Footjoy by brand with spikes.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic LR
3. What is your second choice? Speed XC-Lite

Last edited:
I cannot wear these types of shoes or socks. They just don't work with my feet. But good luck to all who are interested.

These look really cool and would love to test them:

1. Varies on conditions in Western New York. Spikeless during the summer, but need additional traction during the spring and fall. Like the newer athletic look but always a sucker for the classic look.

2. First Choice - Speed XC Lite in Blue/Gray

3. Second CHoice - TrekSport

Thank you to THP and Vibram for this testing oppurtunity. I have a friend who swears by this type of shoe and I would love to give feed back on these.
1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Usually prefer a soft spiked traditional golf shoe like my Nike Lunar Control shoes.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? I prefer the V-classic white/grey model
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic L/R

Very cool testing. Love Vibrams. Thanks THP!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Spikeless / Casual
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe? Speed XC Lite, Gray / Orange, size 43
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic LR, size 43

I actually wore a pair of Vibram Five Fingers in the 2010 season, that year's version of the Trek Sport. it's about time they came out with a golf specific barefoot shoe.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? spikeless, minimal, zero drop shoe.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic black
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic LR

Thanks!

Thanks to Vibram and THP for another great testing opportunity!

1. My preferences are evolving. While I own spiked shoes, my last two purchases have been spikeless (FJ Contour Casual and TrueLinks). I almost exclusively walk when playing so practical considerations like comfort and being lightweight tend to matter most.

2. V-Classic (grey)

3. TrekSport sandal (grey / light grey)

Last edited:
I got all sorts of excited when I saw this thread. Certainly an interesting shoe and one that I think will be fun to test.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? I have a good mix of spikeless and spiked. Since I walk a lot of rounds I prefer a lightweight shoe.

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? Speed XC

3. What is your second choice? V Classic

Last edited:
Should be interesting to see and hear about these. But they do not make my size unfortunately so no can do. Will have to sign up for the next one.

This looks like a fun/comfortable one, thanks!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Sport casual-spiked
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic LR
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? I prefer a spikeless shoe with a splash of color.

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? The V Classic

3. What is your second choice? Speed - XC LTE

Some wild looking shoes!!! I like 'em!! Thanks to Vibram and THP for the testing chance.

Oh no!!! Please, make it stop!!!! These shoes/sandals give me the "heebee-jeebees"!!! To think they put a wing tip finish on them is almost unbearable!!!!

This is certainly a unique round of forum testing. Good luck to the folks who submit their name for consideration.

spikeless, currently wear ecco brand

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe.
v classic black, size 42
v classic lr

Last edited:
Very interesting shoe. I'll be watching to see what the reviewers have to say. I've got a hammer toe that would make these a bit uncomfortable so I won't be entering. Good luck everyone.

A very cool testing opportunity!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Spikeless & Light
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic LR

Those are really cool. I've always been interested in Vibrams, what better way to start using them than golf shoes! Weekdays after work I normally walk so I would get some good use out of these.

Another great forum testing opportunity from THP! Thank you JB and GG.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Soft spike is preferred (I do have a spikeless pair as well)

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic (really love the look of the grey ones)

3. What is your second choice? V-Classic LR - I like how it's a leather upper, and they went with a classic look to it.

Oh I have to try these. I love my regular shoes with the 5 toe design.

1) I wear spiked tennis shoe stylegolf shoes. Fj or puma
2) speed xc
3) TrekSport

Back