Forum Testing - Vibram Five Finger Golf Shoe Sign-up

Unless I can find somewhere local that stocks Vibram shoes so that I can actually try a pair on, I am not going to be throwing my name in the hat for this (due to my very specific requirements with regards to the ankle area) as it would not be fair to anyone if I was picked only to find that I couldn't wear them due to them causing pain even while standing still like I have had with previous shoes I have tried

They are a very 'unique' looking shoe and I am not 100% convinced on the looks of them but will be interested to see what other people think of them

This is really cool. I'm already a fan of the five finger line and of vibram outsoles (you find them on a lot of other brand shoes/boots). I've used five finger shoes in the past for crossfit workouts. The idea being that it's more like performing lifts while barefoot, which allows you to feel more connected with the ground. I did feel like I was more stable and utilized stabilizer muscles that are not as active when doing the same activity in a running shoe.

Now that I'm into golf, I often read golf articles that talk about golfing barefoot to better understand and feel the correct swing. It just never hit me that five finger shoes would be an awesome fit for range days - and maybe even for days out on the course. I'm sure some golf purists would have a heart attack if they saw them on the course though!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Adidas (power band, tour 360, etc)

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic, white/grey, size 44

3. What is your second choice? V-Classic, black/black, size 44

ETA: I'd caution people not to trust their size chart. I normally wear a size 13 running shoe which equates to a 46 on their chart and that is way too big for me. I have wide feet though, and the five finger shoes stretch while a size 12/12.5 running shoe won't (hence, the 13). My current pair of five fingers is a 43, but they are a sport model that I don't wear the matching socks with. If you have never wore five fingers and have a chance to try these at a store for size, I would recommend it. It also makes a difference if you are or are not going to wear the matching five finger socks with the shoes.

This little piggy went to golf, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy got 3 birdies, this little piggy got none, and this little piggy cried Wee Wee Wee all the way to the 19th hole!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? traditional, think FJ DNA, or Nike lunar
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V Classic in black
3. What is your second choice? Speed XC lite, although the traction on these would be my biggest question as the soles don't look to have any...

Thanks THP & Vibram

Now THIS is a cool and unique forum testing.

These Vibram golf shoes are so cool they blow my mind! Thanks THP and Vibram for a great testing opportunity.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe?
I like light-weight comfortable golf shoes, generally spikeless.

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here?
I like the V-Classic a lot.

3. What is your second choice?
The Speed XC-LITE are also cool.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? More of an athletic style
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? Treksport Sandal in Grey/Light Grey/Black
3. What is your second choice? Speed CX Lite in the Grey/orange

I'm reminded of my first ever THP outing when RxGus showed up with these on. I've heard some great things about these style shoes in terms of comfort. Looking forward to hearing more when testers get a hold of them!

These shoes are definately different, but as a new walker, comfort is more important than style.

Thanks to THP and Vibram for the testing opportunity!

. What is your preferred style of golf shoe?

I almost exclusively wear spikeless shoes now

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/golf_mens.htm"]found here?

Speed-XC LTE

Speed XC

I'm reminded of my first ever THP outing when RxGus showed up with these on. I've heard some great things about these style shoes in terms of comfort. Looking forward to hearing more when testers get a hold of them!

lol I remember that.

This is an interesting shoe to say the least.

Removable spikes with a simple style

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here?
V-Classic LR

Speed-XS Lite

Being that I walk 95% of the time, a comfortable shoe is KEY!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? I like the street style shoes.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? Speed XC Lite
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic

With two bad knees, comfort is a must! Would be interesting to see if a shoe like this would help.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? - I definitely like a more casual shoe, currently wearing Ecco street.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic LR
3. What is your second choice? Speed-XC Lite

Another awesome opportunity! I'll throw my name out there.

1.) I've never given spikeless a chance but I've always been intrigued by them. Normally prefer white or black adidas or footjoys with spikes.

2.) V-Classic LR

3.) V-Classic

I have always worn traditional golf shoes. Usually a saddle style.

These are so different from what I typically wear it is hard to choose. I like the V Classic in black .

My second choice would be the V Classic in Grey/White

This would be a great chance for me to break far away from my comfort zone; thanks Vibram and THP.

Note: I may have misunderstood the choices - my second STYLE choice would be the Trek Sport Sandal.

Last edited:
really interesting shoe.... I am not sure I see myself wearing them, but they do seem very comfortable!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? I usually prever spiked, stable, structured shoes, and waterproof is really important
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? the V-Classiv in white (size 47) looks really interesting!
3. What is your second choice? the speed XC lite in grey/orange (also size 47) would be my second choice

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? I prefer a lightweight, minimalist(ish) shoe. Currently using Adidas Adicross Mesh
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? Speed XC Lite

​Thanks, THP and Vibram!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? I like the spikeless quite a bit

3. What is your second choice? Treksport Sandal

These look very interesting. I've never tried these type of shoes before. I'd love to give them a try, they look comfy

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Casual, spikeless, Anything that's light and comfortable

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V Classic LR

Speed XC

Looking forward to trying these or hearing thoughts about them. Thanks THP!

Big Thanks to THP and Vibram for this oportunity to these cool looking shoes...

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Lightweight and Spikeless

2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-ClassicLR

HUGE Thanks to THP and Vibram for this opportunity. I am a huge fan of the Vibram 5 finger shoes!!!

1. I wouldnt say I have a preferred type. I look for something lightweight and something that fits the foot well.
2. Speed XC-Lite
3. Treksport

Great opportunity here.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Casual minimal spikes.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic
3. What is your second choice? Speed-XC LTE

Very cool looking
1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? spikeless
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic
3. What is your second choice? Speed XC

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Soft spike shoe. Like the looks of athletic running shoe or cross trainer style. Prefer solid color or primary solid color with minimal color enhancements.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? V-Classic in black
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic LR

What a neat opportunity. Definitely an interesting product. Thank you for this opportunity.

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? casual, minimal styling
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? Speed-XC Lite
3. What is your second choice? Treksport

What an interesting testing opportunity. Thanks THP and Vibram!

1. What is your preferred style of golf shoe? Athletic with spikes.
2. What is your first choice for the Vibram Golf Shoe, from the options found here? Speed XC
3. What is your second choice? V-Classic LR

Back