Fourteen RM4 Wedges

I've played all sorts of wedges in my time. I know the cast vs forged debate is always a fun one, Yes I'm on the side that it's only the way the clubs are manufactured and it's the type of metal that plays the largest role in feel. With all of that said, when you think about that forged feel, that soft feel that people crave, that is exactly what comes to mind when hitting shots with this club. Definitely one of the top feeling wedges I've played in quite some time.
Well that is fun.

I've played all sorts of wedges in my time. I know the cast vs forged debate is always a fun one, Yes I'm on the side that it's only the way the clubs are manufactured and it's the type of metal that plays the largest role in feel. With all of that said, when you think about that forged feel, that soft feel that people crave, that is exactly what comes to mind when hitting shots with this club. Definitely one of the top feeling wedges I've played in quite some time.
sounds like it feels as nice as it looks (y)

Great looking wedge! Not so sure about the rounded leading edge though. Reminds me of an SM8, except with even more rounding. I've personally always liked the look of a straighter leading edge on the wedges, even though I'm not really sure it affects my performance at all.

My simple mind translation:
Gorgeous wedges that feel even better than they look.

After the "donation" to the tax man yesterday I doubt that Mrs Duffer would be happy seeing new wedges arrive. I will have to keep these on the drool err I mean ponder list for awhile.

Just ordered a 60 H grind in light black with the 101w shaft. Been gaming a Ping 58TS off and on that I often open up, never got on with a 60 but figured my focus seems better these days and if I can’t hit this one, I can’t hit anything :p. They look gorgeous in photos.

She is one HOT looking lady

Just ordered a 60 H grind in light black with the 101w shaft. Been gaming a Ping 58TS off and on that I often open up, never got on with a 60 but figured my focus seems better these days and if I can’t hit this one, I can’t hit anything :p. They look gorgeous in photos.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives.

My 58H came today. Wow, what a beautiful club.

Are we allowed to hit these? :oops:

My 58H came today. Wow, what a beautiful club.

Are we allowed to hit these? :oops:

I got shipping notification today - 60H should be here tomorrow. That was quick. If it lives up to expectations I may need to get a 56 as well.

60H showed up today. Took it to the chipping green 2x today. I haven't had a 60* for a couple decades, but do have a 58* with aggressive grind. I hit both of them back to back in the first session, just took the 60H the second. It is a very well behaved club around the green. I didn't hit anything longer than maybe 5-10 yards from the green. Did sidehill and downhill lies, and mostly looked at when I'd use it over a lower loft (short sided, etc). It feels heavier in the head than my Glide stealth 58. Grind is similar, I can open it up without too much fear.

One reason I decided to work with a 60* was that I often would open up the 58*, sometimes to less than ideal results. I figured if I'm trying to open that up, I might as well hit a 60* square and then open it if I'm really screwed. I only sent maybe two shots skittering across the green (no gophers were harmed in the session). The heavier head helps make the chipping stroke quite stable. I'll be curious to hit half to 3/4 swings, feel like it will be reasonable to use.

Now just waiting on a ZX7 AW and 56 Eye2. Really curious to hit the Ping, if it doesn't thrill me I could imagine adding a 54 bent to 55 or a 56 RM4 in its place. We'll see. The CBX2 are nice wedges and do what they're told. But apparently I'm a sucker for shiny forged things...

Attachments

• 14-60 - 1.jpeg
    14-60 - 1.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 14-60 - 3.jpeg
    14-60 - 3.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 14-60 - 2.jpeg
    14-60 - 2.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 14-60 - 7.jpeg
    14-60 - 7.jpeg