Fourteen RM4 Wedges

Very clean looking.

That's pretty, but it looks like it could really dig into some moist Ohio Valley clay soil.

I agree this is a good clean looking wedge.

Looks good to me

so clean

Now that's a pretty wedge

Had Fourteen 52 & 56* a couple years ago.... such a great feeling wedge.... hosel seemed a bit odd to me

Clean and simple. Handsome. Looks like a lot of lead to trail camber. Really interesting.

Looks similar to the SM8.

Very nice!

this thing has arrived up here in Albany and I must say, it is one good-looking wedge.

Slower start than I was hoping for on this one, but lots of golf happening starting tonight....

26479CFD-42E4-4131-8A88-D9E6B28318CF.jpeg90F9B135-699A-49FE-9963-E9BB5FD9F6D0.jpeg

5D1B9CCE-6A52-46E6-B27F-4B5B4CA9976B.jpeg

OK got some golf in with this recently and some fun thoughts.

Sand Play: First shot with this came from a bunker that had little sand in it. You'd all love to know that I thinned the heck out of it and had to play my next shot from a penalty area. Which I hit into another bunker. On that one though, there was plenty of sand, but I was so close to the lip(my front foot out of the bunker) I had to lay this thing almost completely flat and hit a really good shot to 10 feet. Have had some more sand goes with it and the grind on it really seems to make it easy to use that bounce to your advantage.

Full swing: It's been a long time since I've had two kick-in birdies in one round, but yup it happened with this. One from the rough and one from the fairway, from 86 and 92 yards. Both times right after contact I knew they were going to be good. Nice flighted ball that both times hit and grabbed. Having dropped some others for practice, the distance control I was getting out of this was pretty stellar.

Feel/Feedback: It feels pretty soft and is quiet at impact. I've been playing SM8's this season and I found this one to offer way more in both feel and feedback. I need to get a bit more acquainted with them on those pitch shots and that's the goal this week. But so far, a lot to like.

Also got quite a few compliments on it at league night. People really seemed to dig the looks.

Looks like the SM8?

OK got some golf in with this recently and some fun thoughts.

Sand Play: First shot with this came from a bunker that had little sand in it. You'd all love to know that I thinned the heck out of it and had to play my next shot from a penalty area. Which I hit into another bunker. On that one though, there was plenty of sand, but I was so close to the lip(my front foot out of the bunker) I had to lay this thing almost completely flat and hit a really good shot to 10 feet. Have had some more sand goes with it and the grind on it really seems to make it easy to use that bounce to your advantage.

Full swing: It's been a long time since I've had two kick-in birdies in one round, but yup it happened with this. One from the rough and one from the fairway, from 86 and 92 yards. Both times right after contact I knew they were going to be good. Nice flighted ball that both times hit and grabbed. Having dropped some others for practice, the distance control I was getting out of this was pretty stellar.

Feel/Feedback: It feels pretty soft and is quiet at impact. I've been playing SM8's this season and I found this one to offer way more in both feel and feedback. I need to get a bit more acquainted with them on those pitch shots and that's the goal this week. But so far, a lot to like.

Also got quite a few compliments on it at league night. People really seemed to dig the looks.

Im digging what you are saying here. There is something about the description of quiet that speaks to me (no pun intended).

One thing I really hope to dig into tonight is just how playable this sole. The way it's designed there is plenty of relief where opening it wide shouldn't be much of an issue. I also hope to be able to hit more of those 35-50 yard shots with it. The spin and flight control I seemed to have with it my last time out was really impressive to me so I'd like to try and replicate that.

Very attractive in its simplicity. it does seem to look slightly like the mixuno wedges with more metal on the top half of the club head - could be an illusion though.

One thing I really hope to dig into tonight is just how playable this sole. The way it's designed there is plenty of relief where opening it wide shouldn't be much of an issue. I also hope to be able to hit more of those 35-50 yard shots with it. The spin and flight control I seemed to have with it my last time out was really impressive to me so I'd like to try and replicate that.

i love the idea of some heel relief for a slightly more open shot. the heel-side of the sole of my 56 is slap worn out. plating is nonexistent anymore. i don't really want to bend it even flatter than it is for full-swing purposes, so some relief in that area of the sole sounds ideal.

I've played all sorts of wedges in my time. I know the cast vs forged debate is always a fun one, Yes I'm on the side that it's only the way the clubs are manufactured and it's the type of metal that plays the largest role in feel. With all of that said, when you think about that forged feel, that soft feel that people crave, that is exactly what comes to mind when hitting shots with this club. Definitely one of the top feeling wedges I've played in quite some time.

Back