Free Apple Watch Series 3 - Strings Attached

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s an interesting idea for sure. But kind of like the widget you plug into your cars OBD2 port that reports driving habits to your insurance company, I’m not sure I like the idea of my insurance company having access to my motion data.

It’s an interesting idea for sure. But kind of like the widget you plug into your cars OBD2 port that reports driving habits to your insurance company, I’m not sure I like the idea of my insurance company having access to my motion data.

Americans continue to get fatter each decade so I like the idea that an insurance company is trying to move the needle on fitness. Insurance rates aren't based on how much you exercise so I'm certainly not worried about them having my motion data.

Americans continue to get fatter each decade so I like the idea that an insurance company is trying to move the needle on fitness. Insurance rates aren't based on how much you exercise so I'm certainly not worried about them having my motion data.

Today insurance rates aren’t based on exercise. I’m all for people being more active and I understand the insurance company motivation for getting people healthier. It’s just a dangerous path, with the potential for abuse by the insurance companies.

That's an awesome idea!!! That's a pretty high goal for every day though, my step goal is 10,000 and I only hit it about half the week. And I rarely have 3000 steps in 30 min.

Whiskey

Back