Fresno Golf Recs?

RabidWombats

SeveWombat / #teamThorBats
Reaction score
Handicap
a lot
Looking at a quick trip in and out of Fresno. Flight schedules being crap the choices are leave Nashville at zero dark thirty and arrive in at lunch or leave in the afternoon and get there late night. I am leaning towards the lunch arrival with the hopes of sneaking in 18 before heading out towards Lagrange. Any must see courses in the area that are public?

Dragonfly would be your best bet. Really good links course that’s the home of Bryson DeChambeau. The other is Ridge Creek in Dinuba but it’s 30 miles in the opposite direction you are going. Public golf in the area is pretty weak compared to other cities with a population of over 500,000.

Dragonfly would be your best bet. Really good links course that’s the home of Bryson DeChambeau. The other is Ridge Creek in Dinuba but it’s 30 miles in the opposite direction you are going. Public golf in the area is pretty weak compared to other cities with a population of over 500,000.

Dragonfly looks awesome and really reasonably rates. Thanks for the recommendation. Bonus points because it is in-between Fresno and Le Grande.

Yeah it’s pretty easy in and out of there. Still one for the fees courses that I can think of that have GPS on their carts. All distances are to the pin.

@time4tim Thanks so much for the recommendation. Got in about 1500 today and we headed straight for Dragonfly, with a quick pitstop at In-and-Out. There was a bunch of high school kids teeing off so we had to wait until 1630 and went off the back but were able to sneak in 18 before it got too dark. Course is really fun. Some very interesting approach shots. Finishing along the bluff on #9 was a great end to the round. Greens were a week off a punch so they were fun. Absolutely beautiful views. Thanks again for suggesting Dragonfly.

Glad you enjoyed it. The nines used to be flipped, so you played the way the course was originally intended. If you are ever back out this way, hit me up.

Glad you enjoyed it. The nines used to be flipped, so you played the way the course was originally intended. If you are ever back out this way, hit me up.

Sorry to bring this back up but figured it would be best to bug ya @time4tim here instead of a new thread. Heading up to Yosemite for a wedding and going to stop (from socal) up in the fresno area with the gf and looking to get a tee time. Definitely seems clear that Dragonfly and Ridge Creek Dinuba are the best ones. So the question for you would be, the rates of Dragonfly on a sunday seem to be $94, and Ridge creek is $79 (both seem to require carts which is a bummer), but so with those rates any thoughts or preferences?

Thanks in advance!

Dragonfly and Ridge Creek you can walk. However Dragonfly will not reduce the rate. Ridge Creek will reduce if you let them know you are walking. To walk it will probably cost around $60 for a morning tee time and $35-$40 for the afternoon. Bunkers are not in the best shape but I think it’s a funner and overall better course than Dragonfly.

Back