Friday/Monday Fall Outing Rounds Thread

It is AWESOME that I didn't get paired with anyone here during the actual outing. I will now be playing 4 rounds of golf and quite possibly never repeating a partner. Thats 10+ different people I get to play with on some stellar courses! The only way this event could be any better is if it was already here!

Tell me about it!! The waiting is killing me!!

Working on putting names together for pairings for Friday and Monday. Trying to make sure that no one is getting doubled up if possible. We'll have the list up soon for everybody.

I have to play at least one round with my roomie....(RxGus.....aka...The Pipester..)
plz.....

I have to play at least one round with my roomie....(RxGus.....aka...The Pipester..)
plz.....

I agree- I was operating under the assumption that that would happen. I could hardly live with the guy for 4 days and not play a round with him.

So here's what we've got:

Friday Morning:
9-Iron Man
AdamsGirl
White Rhino

RxGus
Danilo
bama

Friday Afternoon:
Puttin4Bird
hawk308
Degoins

Monday:
bama
RxGus
staticline

MaryC
Yoccos1981
White Rhino

What does everybody think? Any switches want to be made?

Last edited:
So here's what we've got:

Friday:
9-Iron Man
AdamsGirl
White Rhino

RxGus
Danilo
bama

Monday:
bama
RxGus
staticline

MaryC
Yoccos1981
White Rhino

What does everybody think? Any switches want to be made?

Based on the other thread, I don't know if we want WR and Mary in the same pairing (I kid, I kid).
I think those look fantastic. I am sad that I don't get to play a round with WR or Mary or Yoccos or... but in all honesty this list is 38 people long!

Thanks for putting in all the effort to help organize this 9-iron. Breaking the WPB ice with Danilo, Bama, and a handful of cigars sounds like the perfect way to kick things off!

Based on the other thread, I don't know if we want WR and Mary in the same pairing (I kid, I kid).
I think those look fantastic. I am sad that I don't get to play a round with WR or Mary or Yoccos or... but in all honesty this list is 38 people long!

Thanks for putting in all the effort to help organize this 9-iron. Breaking the WPB ice with Danilo, Bama, and a handful of cigars sounds like the perfect way to kick things off!

Thanks Gus, but I can't take all the credit, I did get some input from WR. Wait a minute, it was his idea to put himself with Mary.... Ulterior motive?? Haha I kid.

Glad you like it Gus. I was hoping to get everyone with somebody new everyday, but it can't always work out. Oh well, we'll have some great times regardless!!

Hey guys, is there an afternoon round available on Friday? Gray and I will be arriving at the airport at 11:35 so we may be able to play later in the day.

hmmm..
I did not see the Friday afternoon round of 9 holes??

There is a Friday afternoon round. I wasn't too concerned with the afternoon seeing as it was only P4B, hawk, and Degoins. I'll add them into the post. Kellybo, if you and Gray are wanting to play on Friday afternoon, you should send P4B a PM and see what the plan is there.

There is a Friday afternoon round. I wasn't too concerned with the afternoon seeing as it was only P4B, hawk, and Degoins. I'll add them into the post. Kellybo, if you and Gray are wanting to play on Friday afternoon, you should send P4B a PM and see what the plan is there.

Okay - we might just sit Friday out since they already have 3 people playing. If anyone else is interested in playing though, let me know and we will consider it. We were back and forth anyway. You know we are so old that the trip itself might kick our butts. NOT!

I am glad to hear you guys are coming in early though, We'll be off the course pretty early (2?). We'll see you and Gray at the i-bar around 2:01!

Okay - we might just sit Friday out since they already have 3 people playing. If anyone else is interested in playing though, let me know and we will consider it. We were back and forth anyway. You know we are so old that the trip itself might kick our butts. NOT!

We had 5 originally for Friday morning and PGA Nat was cool with us all playing at one tee time. Who knows, you and Gray could probably join the afternoon round if you are interested. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I am glad to hear you guys are coming in early though, We'll be off the course pretty early (2?). We'll see you and Gray at the i-bar around 2:01!

We'll save you guys a seat!! Plus Kellybo and Gray too!! The more the merrier!!

RxGus, I'm sad we won't be playing a round together this time either :crying: We'll have to make sure to get paired at the next outing!!

But I'm sure we can find a way to hit some balls together either on the practice range, the putting green or during one of the many rounds of practice ball pitching/chipping at night!

Ya know, with only 6 of us I am pretty sure if these courses are ike the ones I play out here, we could go out as a 4some and 2 some and by the third or 4th hole we can all play together as one big group. Just a thought...

Ya know, with only 6 of us I am pretty sure if these courses are ike the ones I play out here, we could go out as a 4some and 2 some and by the third or 4th hole we can all play together as one big group. Just a thought...

Most likely not. They have rules there and we would hate to see the THP Outing off to a start like that. While your early rounds are not part of the outing, I think breaking the course rules before the outing starts would be indicative of the entire group whether that is intent or not.

This is a very nice resort course (one of the nicest) and due to that, they take many rules very seriously.

Or not :D

I would never suggest to do anything to cause a bad spin put on THP or the outing. The nice resort courses in Florida must be different from the nice resort courses in California cause out here there is a bit of flexibility, especially when a group of 50 (or more) books time at the resort.

Last edited:
Did anyone ask if they would let 6 play as a group? If not, 3 and 3 is fine with me... I get to play with 2 more people I've never met before.

No Danilo that question was never asked. Initially we had 8 for Monday's round ( which is what we are talking about) but with tc and Seth pulling out we are down to 6, like Friday. it does not really matter to me what the set-up is, we'll have fun no matter what.

No Danilo that question was never asked. Initially we had 8 for Monday's round ( which is what we are talking about) but with tc and Seth pulling out we are down to 6, like Friday. it does not really matter to me what the set-up is, we'll have fun no matter what.

very true!

RxGus, I'm sad we won't be playing a round together this time either :crying: We'll have to make sure to get paired at the next outing!!

But I'm sure we can find a way to hit some balls together either on the practice range, the putting green or during one of the many rounds of practice ball pitching/chipping at night!

We'll hang out on the range before the round while I try to find my driver! And of course, the ibar will be there all weekend!

Did anyone ask if they would let 6 play as a group? If not, 3 and 3 is fine with me... I get to play with 2 more people I've never met before.

They do not allow it.

Looking forward to playing with everyone on Friday as well as the rest of the weekend. Can't wait to meet you all!!

This is great! I just saw the pairings and I'm pretty excited to be golfing with people I've never had the chance to meet. I'm sure I'll get to see anyone I don't get a chance to play a round with (Monday'ers Gus, Bama and Static).

Just a side note..
I asked JB and while Bridgestone will be supplying balls for the weekend, they will NOT be supplying balls for the Monday and Friday rounds.
We should probably have leftovers for Monday, but we will have to bring/buy our balls for Friday..

Just a heads up for the early packers....

(personally, I will probably grab some out of the used bin that every PRO shop has unless they have a really good deal going on some other Bridgestones or Callaways..)

bama

Back