Friday/Monday Fall Outing Rounds Thread

I think alot of us are bringing tons of balls with us... I believe I read somewhere that they (bridgestone) are providing a dozen per person... Which is very kind of them!!

Just a side note..
I asked JB and while Bridgestone will be supplying balls for the weekend, they will NOT be supplying balls for the Monday and Friday rounds.
We should probably have leftovers for Monday, but we will have to bring/buy our balls for Friday..

Just a heads up for the early packers....

(personally, I will probably grab some out of the used bin that every PRO shop has unless they have a really good deal going on some other Bridgestones or Callaways..)

bama

Just a side note..
I asked JB and while Bridgestone will be supplying balls for the weekend, they will NOT be supplying balls for the Monday and Friday rounds.
We should probably have leftovers for Monday, but we will have to bring/buy our balls for Friday..

(personally, I will probably grab some out of the used bin that every PRO shop has unless they have a really good deal going on some other Bridgestones or Callaways..)

bama

The Friday and Monday rounds are not part of the THP Outing, we hope everybody has a blast during those rounds of golf though. Unfortunately there will NOT be leftovers for the Monday round. They sent over a specific amount based on how many golfers we had.

I think alot of us are bringing tons of balls with us... I believe I read somewhere that they (bridgestone) are providing a dozen per person... Which is very kind of them!!

No, they did not send that many. A sleeve for each round for each golfer. So each person will get 6 balls.

Last edited:
Just a side note..

bama
Not every pro shop has a used ball bin. I would be surprised if PGA National did. Just don't want you to be caught off guard if they don't.

I must have missed the amount per person that Bridgestone was sending...With all the water on these courses, the "average" person will need more..
I am flying in so I am watching the weight on my bag and clothes..Golf Balls are not the lightest thing.
i plan on packing up most of my clothes in with my golf bag so as to only have one checked bag.
Maybe I need to pick up some 330RX(S) and put them in my carry on where weight is not an issue....

thanks for all the info..nice to know to help with the packing...
bama

bama, perhaps you want to look at mailing some golfballs to yourself at the hotel. I am considering doing that to lessen the weight of travel.

I must have missed the amount per person that Bridgestone was sending...With all the water on these courses, the "average" person will need more..

While that may be teh case, asking a company to provide dozens for 48 golfers is a little too much in my opinion. The goal behind this was to make sure that everybody got to "try" a ball that might work best for their game. While everybody likes "free" things, it was not their goal, or our goal. Just like demo day, the idea was to be able to try out what we consider a very good golf ball.

While that may be teh case, asking a company to provide dozens for 48 golfers is a little too much in my opinion. The goal behind this was to make sure that everybody got to "try" a ball that might work best for their game. While everybody likes "free" things, it was not their goal, or our goal. Just like demo day, the idea was to be able to try out what we consider a very good golf ball.

Agreed....Sometimes I lose sight of that concept when I see THP having all these great contests. i cant expect THP to fund my entire golf habit.... ;-)

bama, perhaps you want to look at mailing some golfballs to yourself at the hotel. I am considering doing that to lessen the weight of travel.

Very good idea WR..Again...If I can get my bag and clothes in under 49 lbs, then I will just add balls until I do hit that number and see if that would be enough..
thanks for the idea....

The Friday and Monday rounds are not part of the THP Outing, we hope everybody has a blast during those rounds of golf though. Unfortunately there will NOT be leftovers for the Monday round. They sent over a specific amount based on how many golfers we had.

No, they did not send that many. A sleeve for each round for each golfer. So each person will get 6 balls.

JB -- Do you know what kind of Bridgestone balls they are giving us? Rx's E-Series, etc.

Last edited:
bama - You could also buy balls at the resort. It might be worth a call to see what their prices are. I doubt they are much more, if any more, than other places. I doubt you will be able to mail them any cheaper. Assuming, of course, that they carry the brand you want to play.

Anybody care to join P4B and I on Friday afternoon? Don't miss this opportunity to see a trainwreck swing in person, folks. Mines not that great either haha.

Anybody care to join P4B and I on Friday afternoon? Don't miss this opportunity to see a trainwreck swing in person, folks. Mines not that great either haha.

I would love to but wont be there in time.

Enough with your excuses, Overton.

Ah, you a funny guy! Yeah guys, come join us so I won't have to sit and wonder why that sock is on his head all by myself. **I wonder if he knows there is a sock on his head?** **He's gotta be able to feel it.** **That's it, I'm going to say something...nah, that's mean, just leave it alone.**

I don't know how they do things up there in South Dakota, but socks aren't afternoon wear! Evenings only!

Just two of ya? What time are you playing and on what course?

How much do they charge for an extra round? I think we'd be off the course from our AM round in time :)

I kid... kinda.

We are playing 9 holes on The Squire at 3:00pm. We planned on hitting the range for a bit before that. Gus, idk how much it would be for you. We are getting an day-of-arrival price around 35.00.

We are playing 9 holes on The Squire at 3:00pm. We planned on hitting the range for a bit before that. Gus, idk how much it would be for you. We are getting an day-of-arrival price around 35.00.

So anyone arriving Friday a.m. gets that price? Sockhead we will give this one some serious consideration. KellyBo and I have to get up very early Friday morning to beat the traffic etc. heading to Atlanta airport. It just depends on how tired we are. We are meeting you at the airport in WPB so maybe by then we can decide ...

Eh, you can rest when you get home ;) You know them snakes are going to be anxious to start showing their stuff. Plus, we are only playing 9. I imagine it will only take about 2 hours. Then, we'll have time to shower and get down to the meet and greet. We can definitely talk about it on the mellow yellow shuttle.

Eh, you can rest when you get home ;) You know them snakes are going to be anxious to start showing their stuff. Plus, we are only playing 9. I imagine it will only take about 2 hours. Then, we'll have time to shower and get down to the meet and greet. We can definitely talk about it on the mellow yellow shuttle.

You are right about the "you can rest when you get home statement"! Heck I suppose all of us will be running on adrenaline all weekend huh :D.. I might just have to let them snakes loose to warm up a bit in the Florida sun :cool:

Hawk is that for Fri.? I'm suppose to land bout 10 till 2.....wonder if I could make it in time to join ya'll

Back