Friend Win's Car with Hole-In-One

Jjmorris

Will Post for Thanks
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
This is pretty crazy! This friend of mine aced a hole in one during a charity event and won a car and a set of irons. He can hit his 3i 260ish, hence why on the par-3 176 ys hole, he was debating between a 8i or 9i. Check it out.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012306230028&nclick_check=1

Adam Templeton chose an ideal time to record his first hole-in-one.The 25 year-old Rapid City native holed out from 176 yards Friday at an 18-hole scramble sponsored by Sioux Falls Cares at Willow Run Golf Course, winning a new Buick Regal for his rare shot. He also has the option of set of new Callaway irons or a new Taylor Made driver.

Templeton, who used an 8-iron on the par-3 No. 4, nearly clubbed down on the tee shot before deferring to teammate Travis Humpal, who guided him away from the 9-iron.

More impressive, Templeton’s shot didn’t even touch the green as it went from the face of his club straight into the cup.

“Lot of luck involved,” said Templeton, who doesn’t know when he will receive the car. “We heard it hit the pin, but we didn’t know if it went in. There was a guy raking the bunker watching the shot, and he walked up, looked in the hole and gave us two thumbs up from 176 yards away.”

A former starter for the University of Drake basketball team, Templeton was playing alongside scramble teammates John Sivesind, who sponsored the team, and University of Sioux Falls offensive line coach Casey Meile.

Although Templeton still had 14 holes left to play in the round, he said it didn’t change his approach on the remaining holes. However, his wife did supply a reality check when he texted a picture of him and the hole on which he hit his miraculous shot.

“It’s kind of funny,” he said, “because she was like, ‘I don’t want to see a picture of you. I want to see the car.’”

That's very cool JJ...my uncle did that a few years ago and won a Masarati (which he promptly sold to pay for the taxes and a new Porsche).

Jeebus. He dunked it too!

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to your friend.

I wish I had the problem of clubbing down to a 9i on a 176 yard Par 3.

me too....

lol @ the wife wanting to see the car. gee thanks dear!

I wish I had the problem of clubbing down to a 9i on a 176 yard Par 3.

Terrific timing on his part. 176? I'd need that to be a LOT downhill and maybe a cart path to bounce off. I see he's an athlete, and that sort of distance confirms it. Good for him.

me too....

lol @ the wife wanting to see the car. gee thanks dear!

Sounds exactly like something my wife would say. Every time I play in our local gang (a betting game) all she asks when I get home is where her money is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty cool! Congrats to your friend!

Impressive, former basketball player likely using the flagstick as a back board. Congrats to him on the new ride!

That is awesome but you gotta love America when it comes to taxes, you won the grand prize, now give us our money!

That's awesome.

I loved the quote from his wife at the end.

I think I would actually keep this car, unlike some of the hole in one Corolla's we see offered in our tournaments!

that's just cool

Amazing! Congrats to your buddy.

Thats awesome! I played a charity event were they had a new Jeep Parked right next the the green. Everyone didnt want to hit the car and so we shot left of the green lol.

That's freaking cool! 8i? I'd be lucky to make it there with a 4H.

Awesome! Congrats to your buddy.
TapAhoy!

That is really cool !
Congrats to your friend.

Hopefully the hole in one insurance doesn't get denied.

Wow JJ that's incredible!

I can't believe the ball stayed in the cup. I worked at a club once that had cars for prizes on every par 3 at their Member-Guest tournament. I could see the 17th green from my perch outside the bag room. One member managed to have his ball fly into the cup like that, but it bounced right out, AND it damaged the cup. No car for him. After his round he kind of shrugged it off and said he really used too much club.....but over the next year I probably heard him 5 or 6 times lamenting to other players about the hole-in-one that almost was.

Congrats, to your friend, BTW!!!

Congratulations to you friend, that is so cool!!

Back