From 6M3 -> 60Q4 or Kiyoshi White...what can i expect?

pingman222

Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play
So i've been playing the 6M3X shaft for a few years now in a couple heads. First was a cleveland classic XL Custom, and then its currently now in my ping anser 8.5* head. It was damaged in a pull one time, so i ended up having to tip it about 1-1/8", and an extension in the butt. I don't know or think its in the most "pristine" shape, but i can still hit some really good drives with it. It however is not all that forgiving, and i actually find it is HARDER to control if i try to take a more controlled swing. I'm assuming the stoutness of that 6M3 just needs to be swung pretty aggressively, but its not always what i'm willing to do. I currently have the it in the anser in the + position, so added .5* loft. I was fit many years ago for the 6M3 but haven't been able to get on an LM to confirm launch or spin numbers since.

I'm looking to maybe add a little bit of launch and feel to my drives, but keep spin and dispersion to something similar as the 6M3, but also have something in there that will let me be able to back off when needing to find a tight fairway but still load and not punish me for doing so.

I'm currently looking at both the Matrix 60Q4-X Red tie, and a kiyoshi white 65-05. These seem to be in the profile that i'm looking for, but im worried about them ballooning as my course can be fairly windy. I'm not so worried about launch as if i need to tune them down i can also play the head in neutral or - position as well.

Anyone have any direct input on using or switching between these exact shafts?

Back