FSX Net Play - Foresight

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone out there have FSX 2018 (or FSX 2020 as of this week) and want to try to get some THP Net Play going while we are in quarantine? I’ve never used the feature but I think now might be the perfect time to try it out with some THPers.

Any takers?

I got a full demo when I was out there last and was super impressed with FSX 2020.

Anyone out there have FSX 2018 (or FSX 2020 as of this week) and want to try to get some THP Net Play going while we are in quarantine? I’ve never used the feature but I think now might be the perfect time to try it out with some THPers.

Any takers?
I wish wish wish I had FSX.

I got a full demo when I was out there last and was super impressed with FSX 2020.
I downloaded it already and will fire it up tonight or tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

I wish wish wish I had FSX.
I mean, you have the set up to make it happen now. It just uses a computer. Soooooooo let’s do it?

I mean, you have the set up to make it happen now. It just uses a computer. Soooooooo let’s do it?
My inter webs is poopy.:(

My inter webs is poopy.:(
I don’t think that will be a rate limiting step. I’ll track my usage next time. It’s minimal I think

I think I have a match today - should be a lot of fun. Once I figure out how it goes, I’ll report back. And, @Jman , I’ll try to track the bandwidth usage! I googled how last night

I think I have a match today - should be a lot of fun. Once I figure out how it goes, I’ll report back. And, @Jman , I’ll try to track the bandwidth usage! I googled how last night
I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell satellite internet will work

It should. You need very little speed and bandwidth wise.

I don’t need HMT or anything do I JB?

That is my understanding too. My internet comes from the house but it goes through three routers and a ubiquity system to beam it a distance. It isn’t exactly fast but it works. The Internet just tracks others placement on the course (as I understand it) and isn’t streaming shots.

That is my understanding too. My internet comes from the house but it goes through three routers and a ubiquity system to beam it a distance. It isn’t exactly fast but it works. The Internet just tracks others placement on the course (as I understand it) and isn’t streaming shots.
Well then.....

I don’t need HMT or anything do I JB?
Nope - I’m playing against someone without it today and my HMT-like features will be off.

Hmmm I guess I really need to get a copy of FSX now.

Hmmm I guess I really need to get a copy of FSX now.
And when you go to buy courses, don’t do it online. For the love of god don’t pay retail.

Ok so do you need a launch monitor (Foresight) for this?

And when you go to buy courses, don’t do it online. For the love of god don’t pay retail.
Hmm, what do you recommend then?

Wait I could have a shootout with Gary and james?

Hey @Molten you have FSX 2020 or 2018?

Hey @Molten you have FSX 2020 or 2018?
Trick question! If you have 2018, they upgrade you to 2020 for free. (It really doesn’t seem worthy of a title release yet - it looks marginally better but they might have plans). So I just upgraded to 2020 but haven’t played it yet.

Hmm, what do you recommend then?
Contact sales people (I can recommend names). They can cut deals, particularly if you are buying more than one.

Back