Ft Myers, FL golf

MNMarc

Reaction score
Any THPers around the Ft Myers area wanna play some golf over the next two weeks? The fam and I drove down from MN before the “shelter in place” went into effect for some warmth. I brought the clubs, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper so I’m prepared!

I’m down here a few times each year and I’ve played Raptor Bay, Old Corkscrew, Esplanade, and River Hall. Looking for other recommendations within a reasonable distance that aren’t stupid expensive. Any suggestions?

I’d love to but I’m back in Minnesota after being in Naples last week. I played Old Corkscrew last Thursday and had a blast. Enjoy!!

E40827AA-57D5-4B78-9AF6-66332DFFC7D4.jpeg2CD9393C-8FBE-42F8-AE7A-6173A763F3E2.jpegFE11C472-3DE4-4BB7-8125-9523B4438EF0.jpeg

A little west of River Hall is a place called Verandah. My parents used to live in there, and they've got two courses. A Bob Cupp course and Nicklaus-Nicklaus Jr course. Water on probably 35 of the 36 holes. They were in incredible condition every time I played there.

Cripes!!! I loved Old Corkscrew and I might go back this trip. I want to play the Tiburón courses, but they’re a bit too steep for my wallet.

Tiburon is always in absolute PURE shape. Their courses are awesome. But I agree, very expensive to play often. Maybe treat yourself to one round there!

I’d love to but I’m back in Minnesota after being in Naples last week. I played Old Corkscrew last Thursday and had a blast. Enjoy!!

View attachment 8934283View attachment 8934284View attachment 8934285

I played the Old Corkscrew this Winter for the first time and absolutely loved it. I really like how you don't have to pull driver on every tee and can be very strategic on playing smart off the tee. Greens were ehhh, kinda sandy. But I love that course overall.

I’m playing Old Corkscrew with my golf instructor tomorrow. If I make it back across the state again, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Any THPers around the Ft Myers area wanna play some golf over the next two weeks? The fam and I drove down from MN before the “shelter in place” went into effect for some warmth. I brought the clubs, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper so I’m prepared!

I’m down here a few times each year and I’ve played Raptor Bay, Old Corkscrew, Esplanade, and River Hall. Looking for other recommendations within a reasonable distance that aren’t stupid expensive. Any suggestions?

Check out Lely Resort, nice setup with three courses.

Back