Fujikura Ventus Shafts

The picture doesn't do it justice. Really sharp red color.

I'm so happy to report this shaft is just as good in the TS2 16.5 as it was in my Sim Ti 5 wood.
It feels SOOOOOO solid and consistent. I was a bit nervous the amount of tipping on the shaft would make it play too stiff......not the case...thankfully.

I plan to order a TSi3 driver and I keep mulling over whether to go Ventus in it or not. Tempted to go Blue 6x with no tipping. The Black 6S is tempting, but I've heard the black may be quite a different animal.
The Ventus Black and Blue are pretty different feeling in my hands. I feel like the Blue has a lot more feel during the swing. As someone who isn't ultra aggressive in my transition, I really like that feeling. The Black is a lot tighter feeling to me. Even though the results didn't vary between the two, the feel I had during the swing was pretty different. The Black feels more uniform through the shaft where the Blue feels like the mid is quite a bit softer than the tip.

FWIW the Ventus Black was 6X untipped and the Blue is 7X tipped 1". I would recommend trying the Black if you can. Sounds like Titleist fitting days are starting to pop up around the country. Hopefully they have one by you and the Black is in their quiver.

This combo is the best FW I've EVER gamed.

There....I said it.... :oops: SOOOOO GOOD.
The Ventus Red is my favorite fw shaft of all time. Substitute a Mavrik SZ head in place of that Titleist and you'd have something special 😉

The Ventus Red is my favorite fw shaft of all time. Substitute a Mavrik SZ head in place of that Titleist and you'd have something special 😉

The red is literally the red headed step child of the ventus line. And it shouldn't be. Everyone seem to want the black, but the red is really really good. I love mine.

its less this red.

1603399464849.png

And more this red.

1603399538369.png

The sound that comes out of the TS2 VRed combo is sooooo dirty.

The consistency is a little mind boggling for me tbh. I cant believe it has blown the Sim combo out of the water.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Ventus hybrid shaft yet?

many if not all golfers suffer from a bit of vanity. It shows up in many forms, but a common one is thinking that they need ultra low launching ultra low spin shafts..

the red is billed a bit as “high launch” so it gets immediately dismissed for the blue or black.

but the red if fit right can be everything that many golfers need. It is super stiff in the butt and the ei curve is almost exactly the same a the famed Kuro Kage just a bit softer in the middle..

So it may be high’er launching. But in my opinion is far from “high” launching.

As a point to the Adam Scott currently has a red 6x in his driver.

the thing to remember is that angle of attack and club delivery will always over ride any presumed flight design of a shaft. Just keep your mind open to options..

Last edited:
many if not all golfers suffer from a bit of vanity. It shows up in many forms, but a common one is thinking that they need ultra low launching ultra low spin shafts..

the red is billed a bit as “high launch” so it gets immediately dismissed for the blue or black.

but the red if fit right can be everything that many golfers need. It is super stiff in the butt and the ei curve is almost exactly the same a the famed Kuro Kage just a bit softer in the middle..

as a point to the Adam Scoot current has a red 6x in his driver.

the thing to remember is they angle of attack and club delivery will always over ride any presumed flight design of a shaft. Just keep your mind open to options..

Makes me want to try one in a SZ fairway.

Lol Clayton. You have no will power and I love it!

Usually by the time I start talking about in this thread it’s been consuming much of my time. Haha. I’ve been wanting it ever since I watched the TXG video. And if they do iron shafts...

Usually by the time I start talking about in this thread it’s been consuming much of my time. Haha. I’ve been wanting it ever since I watched the TXG video. And if they do iron shafts...
They do have the mci shafts.. just sayin..

I need 120+.

I understand you feeling. I tend to think I need heavier as well. But I think that is somewhat old thinking that may not apply as much as it used to.

especially when considering composite iron shafts

I understand you feeling. I tend to think I need heavier as well. But I think that is somewhat old thinking that may not apply as much as it used to.

especially when considering composite iron shafts

I think it’s more for pace to keep me from getting too quick in the transition as well as not “losing” the club in the backswing.

I think it’s more for pace to keep me from getting too quick in the transition as well as not “losing” the club in the backswing.

The easiest way to control tempo is with weight. Totally get it.

The sound that comes out of the TS2 VRed combo is sooooo dirty.

The consistency is a little mind boggling for me tbh. I cant believe it has blown the Sim combo out of the water.
This is amazing, because you raved about the SIM.

This is amazing, because you raved about the SIM.
Yes....the SIM 5 wood was excellent too. The TS2 is just that bit better I think, likely because it spins the ball a bit more.

Think I'm going to pick up a TSi2 fw to match the inbound driver.

Back