Fujikura Ventus Shafts

For those gaming this shaft, I have a question. I’m gaming a UST Mamiya Coool 7X and wanted to see which profile would be comparable. Swing speed of 108-110. Thoughts?

Just a PSA, Taylor Made has Ventus Blue and Black as stock options in the SIM line, but they do not have the Velocore layer in it. The "real" versions with Velocore (which is the main tech in the shaft) are available through custom with a hefty up charge. So when you start to see them on the secondary market, make sure you know which version you are getting.

I swung the TM SIM MAX in the Blue 6S and RED 6R.
The blue was tough to swung, but I was not swinging it great.
Red was better, but still felt challenging to load & release timely.

It reminded me of trying to load a PX HZRD Black the first few time.

Need to retry these down the line.

Just a PSA, Taylor Made has Ventus Blue and Black as stock options in the SIM line, but they do not have the Velocore layer in it. The "real" versions with Velocore (which is the main tech in the shaft) are available through custom with a hefty up charge. So when you start to see them on the secondary market, make sure you know which version you are getting.

Hopefully, the made for TM shafts don't say "Velocore" on them. Is that correct?

Hopefully, the made for TM shafts don't say "Velocore" on them. Is that correct?

That is correct. Otherwise, they look exactly the same. Going to fool a lot of people. Which is a shame.

That is correct. Otherwise, they look exactly the same. Going to fool a lot of people. Which is a shame.
I thought I was swinging the real thing at the store today . Such a shame...

If anyone is looking for a real deal Velocore shaft, I have a blue 6-s for sale. :cool:(y)

I thought I was swinging the real thing at the store today . Such a shame...

Just made my point. While I understand the business side of it. I hate the bait and switch. They needed to make it more determinable that it is different.

Sorry it is the Blue in 60 gram and the Red in 50 gram, not the Black. Hate to add to any potential confusion.

haha. that is interesting. What are those buzz words? I have a blue ventus 7X and a hazrdus green 60TX. I find the ventus to have way more feel. Although I get a touch more ball speed out of the hulk. The ventus is extremely tip stiff so I wonder if that is where the boardy feel comes from. I like the feel of the ventus much more than say the Atmos. I would consider the atmos very boardy.
I agree. Found Atmos blue really boardy, and Ventus blue felt great!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I may need one of these.... hmm, lucky for my bank account that I can’t play golf yet

Really enjoying the Ventus Blue in my new Ping G410 Plus driver! Hitting bombs in the simulator! Cant wait for summer.
e8fdefe51494849ec55a4027f2783be3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience with both the Ventus Blue and Black? Curious to read perspectives on the playability of each.
Also curious if anyone can compare to the AD IZ 6X? I’m guessing the blue is more comparable there.
Curious to demo the Ventus black 6X or 7S.
Thinking I need one of these in my driver. ?

Last edited:
Would also love feedback on Blue vs Black 6X. I have a hzrdus smoke 6.5 in my new SIM that I hit well but am launching and spinning a bit too much. Tempted by the Black to get my spin down below 2,900 rpm and peak height below 140 feet consistently, but curious if the Blue will ultimately be more playable as I’m afraid of low-spin dive bombers.

Anyone have experience with both the Ventus Blue and Black? Curious to read perspectives on the playability of each.
Also curious if anyone can compare to the AD IZ 6X? I’m guessing the blue is more comparable there.

I finally got to try the black. It is much more stout than the blue. Even though they share a name, I find them very different. I tried both in the 7x profile. The Black is much more butt stiff while still being very tip stiff.

Unless you swing really hard, go with the blue. At least that is my opinion.

I finally got to try the black. It is much more stout than the blue. Even though they share a name, I find them very different. I tried both in the 7x profile. The Black is much more butt stiff while still being very tip stiff.

Unless you swing really hard, go with the blue. At least that is my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. It’s what my gut is telling me as well. I swing around 112-114 mph with driver. Seem to lose some distance to spin but have tried some really stout TX shafts with terrible results.

Even the Ventus Red feels significantly stiffer to me then the AD IZ did. In didn't get along with that shaft at all. Felt good, but pretty loose. If you're used to the IZ but looking for something a little tighter, don't sleep in the Red as an option.

Even the Ventus Red feels significantly stiffer to me then the AD IZ did. In didn't get along with that shaft at all. Felt good, but pretty loose. If you're used to the IZ but looking for something a little tighter, don't sleep in the Red as an option.
Yeah, I prob need a fitting but may just blindly purchase a blue 6X (not tipped). I tend to be a fairly low launch, low spin guy, so the black is likely a poor option for me.

Yeah, I prob need a fitting but may just blindly purchase a blue 6X (not tipped). I tend to be a fairly low launch, low spin guy, so the black is likely a poor option for me.
I think the blue is a good place to start.

Would also love feedback on Blue vs Black 6X. I have a hzrdus smoke 6.5 in my new SIM that I hit well but am launching and spinning a bit too much. Tempted by the Black to get my spin down below 2,900 rpm and peak height below 140 feet consistently, but curious if the Blue will ultimately be more playable as I’m afraid of low-spin dive bombers.
Is it the smoke black or yellow??

IMO the HZRDUS Smoke Black is a terrible feeling shaft and quite loose for a low/low profile. The original hzrdus black was better for me. The Ventus Black 6x feels nothing like the Smoke. I dont think its stout or overly stiff at all. You dont really get the feeling of the shaft loading or a kick at all but its still quite smooth

Also I wouldn't consider the Ventus Black to be a major spin killer either for low spin dive bombers. It lowered launch but I haven't seen anything dramatic in terms of low spin. I have an LA Golf Ozik Black Tie and TENSEI Pro Orange also. The Ventus is the smoothest feel of the 3

My SS is typically between 110 - 113

I....really like these shafts. Consistent, great feel.... they check a lot of boxes

Is it the smoke black or yellow??

IMO the HZRDUS Smoke Black is a terrible feeling shaft and quite loose for a low/low profile. The original hzrdus black was better for me. The Ventus Black 6x feels nothing like the Smoke. I dont think its stout or overly stiff at all. You dont really get the feeling of the shaft loading or a kick at all but its still quite smooth

Also I wouldn't consider the Ventus Black to be a major spin killer either for low spin dive bombers. It lowered launch but I haven't seen anything dramatic in terms of low spin. I have an LA Golf Ozik Black Tie and TENSEI Pro Orange also. The Ventus is the smoothest feel of the 3

My SS is typically between 110 - 113
Thanks for the reply, I am hitting the Smoke Black. I ordered a Ventus Black 6X shaft today. Used to playing longer shafts so my attempt at shortening up will be a playing length of 45 1/4” and untipped. Can’t wait to take it for a test drive!

Last edited:
For those gaming this shaft, I have a question. I’m gaming a UST Mamiya Coool 7X and wanted to see which profile would be comparable. Swing speed of 108-110. Thoughts?

I'm in the 108-110 range too, and played a 6X Coool for a minute or two. A couple of months ago I picked up the Ventus Black 7X and can't wait to get it outside.

The Coool was a great feeling shaft, and incredibly consistent for me. At the end of the day though the spin numbers were just a touch too high (~3K) and it was costing me some yardage.

In reality, the Ventus Black may wind up being a bit too low/low for me with the weight configuration I have in my SZ right now (44.5" shaft, +6g in the front weight, stock rear weight, midsize +4 grip). I'm seeing pretty consistent sub-2000s on trackman on good strikes at the moment. If I increase the sliding track weight a bit it comes up where I want it, so I'll probably be adding a bit of hot melt before the season starts. I got a really great deal on this one from Will Peoples, but in a fitting I'd wager the 7X Blue would've required less tinkering for me.

I don't have experience with the Ventus Blue, but I played a AD IZ 6X for a lot of last season. Ultimately I wound up ditching the AD IZ in favor of a HZRDUS Yellow (75g) as the temps warmed up.

As I mentioned above though I've been playing a Ventus Black on a trackman sim league for a few months now though. And I'm *really* enjoying it. If you're looking for something to compare to the AD IZ you definitely don't want the black though. For me it's much more stout feeling, and substantially lower launching.

Back