Fujikura Ventus Shafts

unfortunately my love for the Ventus shafts is over .... At my recent fitting I found a different shaft for both driver and 3w simply works for me better

no doubt the velocore is legit. Very stable at the tip and really minimizes any wild shots. I wouldn't say the blue has a strong kick but definitely more noticeable than the black. These 3 shafts will fit a wide range of players!

if you try these you won't be disappointed
Curious, what did you transition into?

Curious, what did you transition into?
They were never on my radar but the KBS Tour Driven shafts. Went with 60 cat 4 (X) and 70 cat 4.... it was an instant "WOW" feeling after the first swing. everything just clicked. Driver kept me at 10.8* launch and 2240 spin

To me they felt like a combo of Ventus Blue and Hzrdus Green. A very minimal kick, not overly stout, with good feel

They were never on my radar but the KBS Tour Driven shafts. Went with 60 cat 4 (X) and 70 cat 4.... it was an instant "WOW" feeling after the first swing. everything just clicked. Driver kept me at 10.8* launch and 2240 spin

To me they felt like a combo of Ventus Blue and Hzrdus Green. A very minimal kick, not overly stout, with good feel

Sounds very interesting! Might have to try those next time I’m in the bay.

I think it’s fits more people than the other two when it comes to mortals, but it’s not the one on tv or in tour bags so the black and blue are where people naturally flock.

I still think a 7x Red Velocore could be a dream 3w shaft.

I just ordered from Will a red 9x tipped 1.5 inches to put in the original one.. I think it could be a wicked combo. That plus the blue 10x hybrid shaft and I am pretty patriotic. They just need to make a white ventus. Maybe make it their counter balanced version.

Got a Blue 6x. Disappointing first outing. Ball was way high and sprayed all aver the show. My swing wasnt fantastic but I expected a better dispersion and lower flight. My speed is around 107 so didnt want to try the black but maybe thats a better fit.

Noticeably higher than my Hazardous Smoke 6.5

I've got an untipped blue 6x and was looking to tip trim...id be glad to swap Blue's if you want
Got a blue 6x too and thinking I need to do the same. When you tip trim, do you add to the butt end? What do you use?

Got a Blue 6x. Disappointing first outing. Ball was way high and sprayed all aver the show. My swing wasnt fantastic but I expected a better dispersion and lower flight. My speed is around 107 so didnt want to try the black but maybe thats a better fit.

Got a blue 6x too and thinking I need to do the same. When you tip trim, do you add to the butt end? What do you use?

I bought mine at playing length of 45.5"... I tipped 3/4" inch and had Club Champion add 1/2" to the butt so im not sure what they used for extensions. Like everything out there im sure some material is better than others. Definitely became more stable with the tipping but still higher flight than black, but not by much

also ill be moving a black 6x very soon once my KBS TD shaft comes in. Ventus are great shafts but after a true fitting I saw I was lacking in areas. Gonna be moving a black 6x and 7x, blue 6x and 7x

Last edited:
Ventus BLack has been stellar so far and I now have it in my 3 wood. For reference my SS is around 115-116 and my Black 7X is tipped 1" in my driver and Ventus Black 7X in my 3 wood is tipped 1.5". I also tried the blue 6X in driver and it was really good tipped 1.5". The tipping was all based around Fujikura's recommendation for me. They made it very clear that these shafts come alive with proper tipping with the velocore tech.

Ventus BLack has been stellar so far and I now have it in my 3 wood. For reference my SS is around 115-116 and my Black 7X is tipped 1" in my driver and Ventus Black 7X in my 3 wood is tipped 1.5". I also tried the blue 6X in driver and it was really good tipped 1.5". The tipping was all based around Fujikura's recommendation for me. They made it very clear that these shafts come alive with proper tipping with the velocore tech.

I think there is something 3 inches of parallel tip in all these shafts for just that reason. To fine tune.

Got a Blue 6x tipped 1" to go against my Black 6x that I've played all year. The Blue is definitely active and you can feel it compared to the Black. When I put a good tempo on my swing the Blue shined and went farther than the black. Although, if I got super quick it was spraying right. The Black I dont feel any action but it sure helps my right miss. I do think the Blue could be a bomber as long as I keep my swing tempo in check. Looking forward to keep testing them side by side.

Last edited:
Got a Blue 6x tipped 1" to go against my Black 6x that I've played all year. The Blue is definitely active and you can feel it compared to the Black. When I put a good tempo on my swing the Blue it shined and went farther than the black. Although, if I got super quick it was spraying right. The Black I dont feel any action but it sure helps my right miss. I do think the Blue could be a bomber as long as I keep my swing temp in check. Looking forward to keep testing them side by side.
I feel like my experience was similar. I’m guessing it is due to the softer butt section of the shaft. The red ventus has a stiffer butt section, which is why I think it is likely to be an incredible driver for most, with the right amount of tipping.

I busted my budget for golf gear, picked up a Ventus Blue 6X...put my Ping G400Max on it...never, EVER coming out of the bag...freaking down the middle and I can juice it if I need to...most times I don't even have to...why didn't you guys tell me it was easier playing out of the short grass..??

9x?? Isn’t that basically an iron I-Beam?

Well, I ordered the 9x red wood shaft and a 10X hybrid shaft. The 10x is way back ordered so I switched to a 9x hybrid. Again, Will at the peoples club are are very best for these things to work with. Very communicative and helpful.

Well, that's no longer my opinion. I noticed a few flaws in my swing, tidied it up and wow i have NEVER been as confident hitting driver as I am today. Worked out how to deliver this and my spin has reduced significantly and I'm hitting a much more penetrating flight. I can deliver the club squarely most of the time and even when I'm a little off my miss is very small. This is the best I have ever driven the ball. From possibly the weakest part of my game to one of the strongest.

Now, don't get me wrong, i had to recognize my swing flaw, it wont magically make you swing straighter but it will tighten it up once you're close. I tried my hzrdous smoke with my improved swing and it just cant match the velocore in flight, dispersion or distance.

FA782F99-A6D6-4BAA-B321-226D82598607.jpegA969B1DC-01BB-400A-99B6-A60DC7E1CB69.jpeg42F25F7E-604D-49F0-9C6C-7E5A18816FD1.jpeg

You've got to let me know how that Red 9x performs. looks dynamite

I am really liking it. If you remember the Fuji Rombax P95 shaft. It kinda reminds me of that.

Okay 9X red would make an awesome 5 or 7 wood shaft I feel like. Though I would probably chicken out and go with an 8X.

So I'm playing Tensei Pro White right now. I have a set of Tensei AV Blue sitting waiting to be used. I kinda feel like getting a set of the Ventus Red to round out my low-mid-high collection.

The only big reason I don't want to do that is I love my pro whites. But seems like Ventus just keeps gaining steam and I really, really want to try them out.

image.jpg
Tipped this combo up! Excited to see how this pairs up.

That red has some serious bag appeal and swag.

The Ventus Red looks so damn good in the sun.
The picture doesn't do it justice. Really sharp red color.

I'm so happy to report this shaft is just as good in the TS2 16.5 as it was in my Sim Ti 5 wood.
It feels SOOOOOO solid and consistent. I was a bit nervous the amount of tipping on the shaft would make it play too stiff......not the case...thankfully.

I plan to order a TSi3 driver and I keep mulling over whether to go Ventus in it or not. Tempted to go Blue 6x with no tipping. The Black 6S is tempting, but I've heard the black may be quite a different animal.

Back