Fujikura Ventus Shafts

My Red 6x arrived today. Have only been able to hit a few balls into the net, but the feel is fantastic. Waggling the club you can feel more action in it, but full swings feel pretty darn close to the black (to me). I had the Blue 6x tipped 1" and I hated the feel. Will definitely have to get to the range or simulator to see the actual flight, but overall feel is fantastic. Looks damn nice on the TSi3 too. Should be a fun year with these two shafts.
c40a6a0b420a022db02d03d2466aa6da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Red 6x arrived today. Have only been able to hit a few balls into the net, but the feel is fantastic. Waggling the club you can feel more action in it, but full swings feel pretty darn close to the black (to me). I had the Blue 6x tipped 1" and I hated the feel. Will definitely have to get to the range or simulator to see the actual flight, but overall feel is fantastic. Looks damn nice on the TSi3 too. Should be a fun year with these two shafts.

The red looks really good with the TSI3 head. Did you tip the red or the black at all? How does the red compare to the black in terms of launch and ball flight?

The red looks really good with the TSI3 head. Did you tip the red or the black at all? How does the red compare to the black in terms of launch and ball flight?

I did not tip the Red or Black. I'm hoping to get to the range or simulator this week to compare. I'm just going on feel while hitting into a net. It just arrived yesterday and today ended up being 28 outside, but warmer days are coming!

I did not tip the Red or Black. I'm hoping to get to the range or simulator this week to compare. I'm just going on feel while hitting into a net. It just arrived yesterday and today ended up being 28 outside, but warmer days are coming!

Looking forward to your comparison. I have a Black coming in April so I'm eager to hear what you think!

Did you sell the tipped blue?

Currently putting together a Ventus Red 6X. Going to try playing it 46" in a Big Bertha B21. Hoping the draw bias helps me get the longer shaft around easier. Have some weights to play with as well.

I just put a Blue 5r in the driver. Man does this shaft feel good!!! First drive I hit a big fade as I didn't have time to warm up with it. Next 4 drives where just right down the middle, point and shoot. I was a bit surprised as I figured the stiffer tip section would give me fits, but has not.
Good feedback. What is your swing speed? I'm considering the 5R or 5R2.

Picked up a Ventus Red 5R yesterday. Curious to see how it compares to my Even Flow Green 55 5.5.
Hey, what is your swing speed? I'm looking at a Ventus 5R or 5R2 since I notice the torque is low.

Good feedback. What is your swing speed? I'm considering the 5R or 5R2.
I live in the 88-92 range and thats the top end for sure. Have no issues with the 5R

I live in the 88-92 range and thats the top end for sure. Have no issues with the 5R
Thanks. My top range is 88. I found a new Ventus Velecore Red 5R2 for a good price so Im going to give it a try in my Ping G425 head tomorrow. On paper it looks to be just right for my swing speed.

@Realmfg how's the Red 6x treating you in driver??

I had Blue 6x, Blue 6x tipped 1", and Black 6x. None stayed in the bag permanently but I think Blue 6x standard gave me the best results

I played two rounds earlier in the week with the Blue 6X and really enjoyed it. Hit some very nice drives with it comboed in the TSi2 driver.

Hey, what is your swing speed? I'm looking at a Ventus 5R or 5R2 since I notice the torque is low.

I hate to give out swing speed as each monitor tends to read a little differently. Lately I have been in that 129-133 ball speed area with my 12* driver. Which if an avg of 1.45 smash factor would be about an 89-92 swing speed which seems right for me.
I usually play R flexes in my drivers. Have played the Riptide 5.5 50g for a few months with good success. The Ventus Reg 5r was a touch firmer feeling to me than the Riptide but nothing boardy. Yesterday on the course (about 70*) I averaged 227 over all drives with a PAvg of 246 and a long of 276. Using a Mavrik 12* set to 14* if that helps. If you are maxing out at 88 then I can see the R2 flex working out just fine. Should provide a nice kick and launch to it

I hate to give out swing speed as each monitor tends to read a little differently. Lately I have been in that 129-133 ball speed area with my 12* driver. Which if an avg of 1.45 smash factor would be about an 89-92 swing speed which seems right for me.
I usually play R flexes in my drivers. Have played the Riptide 5.5 50g for a few months with good success. The Ventus Reg 5r was a touch firmer feeling to me than the Riptide but nothing boardy. Yesterday on the course (about 70*) I averaged 227 over all drives with a PAvg of 246 and a long of 276. Using a Mavrik 12* set to 14* if that helps. If you are maxing out at 88 then I can see the R2 flex working out just fine. Should provide a nice kick and launch to it
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback. I think you are spot on. I also did the Shaft fit on the Fujikura website and the Ventus Red 5R2 was the very first shaft it recommended so I feel good about it. I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I hit it on the course. My drives are typically around 215 but with little roll. I'm hoping to squeeze another 10-15 out of it.

Thanks. My top range is 88. I found a new Ventus Velecore Red 5R2 for a good price so Im going to give it a try in my Ping G425 head tomorrow. On paper it looks to be just right for my swing speed.
Should be a really good combo.

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback. I think you are spot on. I also did the Shaft fit on the Fujikura website and the Ventus Red 5R2 was the very first shaft it recommended so I feel good about it. I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I hit it on the course. My drives are typically around 215 but with little roll. I'm hoping to squeeze another 10-15 out of it.
What head and loft are you using ?

@Realmfg how's the Red 6x treating you in driver??

I had Blue 6x, Blue 6x tipped 1", and Black 6x. None stayed in the bag permanently but I think Blue 6x standard gave me the best results

I finally got my Epic Speed in and hit some on the course yesterday with the black and red. The red feels easier to swing and had a little more height on the ball. With the black I feel I gotta step on it, but I enjoy that feel when swinging driver. I am still more comfortable with the black, but that could change after a round or two with the red. I bought the red for a tsi3 then went callaway, so I had the tip changed and that's why I haven't reported back. I should know even more next week. I will dedicate a whole round with the red early next week. I can say the Epic speed is a monster for me, lol.

A quick comparison between the black (6X) and red (7X), observation only, no numbers. I find the red easier to swing however, it is a little looser than i like. For me, this introduces the left miss. I was pleasantly surprised that to find that the black is quite easy to swing as well due to how smooth it is. I found the black to launch very similar to the red for me just with a lower spin which is very interesting. The black seems to be more of an autopilot shaft for me. I was able to point and shoot with it and it really kept the left side out of play which is a huge plus for me. The red is a great shaft however, the black edged it out by just a tad. The red will be going in my 3 wood and the black will stay in my driver.

I spoke to Fuji's tour guys. If you call Fuji they will tell you whats on their website. If you have a driver ss over 110mph then tip 1.0-1.5". If you are up around 118-120mph then 1.5-2". I tipped mine 1.5" and it was perfect and i could still hit a draw and the shaft was still very smooth. But do what you feel is best just sharing the knowledge.

Just got a Ventus Blue 6x that I'm going to test against my Black 6x

Blue tipped 1.5"
Black untipped

Cobra Radspeed and Titleist TSI3

I like the Ventus black a lot but I don't love the feel. It's a bit harsh IMO. Hopefully the Blue will allow a little more kick while keeping the spin in a good window

Just put a black 6x into my Sim2 last night. Initial range session was good - nice mid ball flight, minimal curve, and higher ball speed numbers than I have been seeing. Tonight will be the first time it sees the course. Should be a good test as there are a couple of really difficult driving holes.

put a 60g class blue in the driver a few weeks ago. Lower spin as is my rogue silver gen 2. Played it one round and hit some bombs but found myself loosing it right (push) which I don't do often. With the rougue, I tend to pull a lower hook on bad shots. Was back in my rouge this weekend and feel it suites my current swing better at this point in time.

Blue tipped 1.5"
Black untipped

I like the Ventus black a lot but I don't love the feel. It's a bit harsh IMO. Hopefully the Blue will allow a little more kick while keeping the spin in a good window
I felt like the blue had significantly more feel than the black. I went between a black 6x untipped and a blue 7x tipped 1" and settled on the blue.

Played 9 with the Ventus black last night and came away really impressed. The Ventus black Sim 2 combo was super straight. So much so that I had to bring the aim in 5 to 10 yards as the ball was not curving as much as usual. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues or was a one round fluke. Distance I would say was on par with the RDX blue. Swing wise I am not swinging it that good at the moment and the black may not be the best fit. But believe it should be a good fit once the swing comes around.

Blue tipped 1.5"
Black untipped

Tested the two last night and the Blue was still a bit higher than I would like to see

Tipping to 2" and we will give it one more final test

Back