Fujikura Ventus TR

Ohhhh we’re gonna go with that Ventus TR red in some unreleased woods (Driver, 3w, 5w), and a ventus hb blue in that fun new hybrid too. Man I cannot wait.

Can’t wait to convo with you bout them..

I feel like I’ve been fighting this one the last few rounds. I’m in the middle of cleaning up my swing so there is human error at play, but thinking back to the last time I had a good day off the tee, the regular Ventus blue was in play.

shafts and figuring out how to describe what I feel is so nuanced and I hate to give the wrong impression of the product, but the TR might be a little too much for he to handle. I’m letting @Slowmo get some swings with it bc it has a Mizuno tip for the driver head he won. I’ve played with him before and I think the STZ-220 and the TR will be a game changer for him.

The Ventus TR Red has been absolutely the best shaft for my game I have ever played.

I’ve only missed 6 fairways in the last couple rounds, and all but one miss were less than 20 feet off.
I can play a draw, I can play a cut, and most importantly, I feel like I know where I’m going to hit it. I can be smooth and get phenomenal results. I feel the shaft/club head in my left hand, and am able to become more of a weapon on the tee, which has allowed me to improve my GIR scores as well.
I’m currently well over 50% in both categories so far, and I don’t know when the last time that happened.

Paradym and Ventus TR Red are going to be soooo dangerous for me this year.

The Ventus TR Red has been absolutely the best shaft for my game I have ever played.

I’ve only missed 6 fairways in the last couple rounds, and all but one miss were less than 20 feet off.
I can play a draw, I can play a cut, and most importantly, I feel like I know where I’m going to hit it. I can be smooth and get phenomenal results. I feel the shaft/club head in my left hand, and am able to become more of a weapon on the tee, which has allowed me to improve my GIR scores as well.
I’m currently well over 50% in both categories so far, and I don’t know when the last time that happened.

Paradym and Ventus TR Red are going to be soooo dangerous for me this year.
This isn't helping my self control

For those using Ventus TR, was there any change in swing weight when you went to the Ventus TR?

Hey everyone! I currently play a Ventus Blue TR 6x (68g) in the Driver, Ventus Blue 7x (77.5g) in the 4 and 7 wood, and Ventus Blue 8x (86g) in 5 hybrid. Im thinking of swapping out the blue in the 4w, 7w, and 5h to the Ventus Red TR 7x (78g), Ventus Red TR 8x (89.5g), and Ventus Blue 9x (94g), respectively. My main goal is just to get an easier launch off the deck for the 4w and 7w. I feel the regular blue velocore is a tad bit soft in the handle compared to the blue TR I play in my driver. Based off the shaft profile of the red TR it seems like it would be best. I wanted to get the communities expert opinion on this! Thanks in advance for any input!

I purchased, a Ventus Blue TR 5S over the winter and had a couple early rounds to the season in Virginia but this past weekend when our opening occurred, I put it in place and it really flat out performed.

Having played in Accra the past couple of years and been very happy with its performance the TR really excelled. What I noticed most of all is the dispersion tightened up significantly I did not have one lost or out of play ball over three rounds.

I am sold on it. My new Callaway paradigm triple diamond showed up yesterday and immediately I put the TR into it. Quite a combination from a colour perspective. Looking forward to putting it in play this Thursday after work.

to be honest, I was a little sceptical that it was as good as what I had heard, but after three rounds with identical, 3+ scores to start the year, I am a believer.

Hey everyone! I currently play a Ventus Blue TR 6x (68g) in the Driver, Ventus Blue 7x (77.5g) in the 4 and 7 wood, and Ventus Blue 8x (86g) in 5 hybrid. Im thinking of swapping out the blue in the 4w, 7w, and 5h to the Ventus Red TR 7x (78g), Ventus Red TR 8x (89.5g), and Ventus Blue 9x (94g), respectively. My main goal is just to get an easier launch off the deck for the 4w and 7w. I feel the regular blue velocore is a tad bit soft in the handle compared to the blue TR I play in my driver. Based off the shaft profile of the red TR it seems like it would be best. I wanted to get the communities expert opinion on this! Thanks in advance for any input!
I've played all the Ventus shafts and your feelings in shaft profile are spot on. TR Blue is a big upgrade in stiffness in the butt vs regular Blue

I currently have a TR Red in 5w and it definitely launches higher without extra effort. It has a noticeable softer tip obviously. I have mine tip trimmed 1.5" and it still is effortless to launch. It takes a slight feeling out process to get the timing down compared to blue / TR Blue but once you do the ball speed is pretty impressive from the subtle kick through impact.

For your 7w I would recommend maybe looking at TR Blue for that spot. I know the goal of a 7w is for higher launch and softer landing but I fear the TR Red in a 7w might be way too high.

I've played all the Ventus shafts and your feelings in shaft profile are spot on. TR Blue is a big upgrade in stiffness in the butt vs regular Blue

I currently have a TR Red in 5w and it definitely launches higher without extra effort. It has a noticeable softer tip obviously. I have mine tip trimmed 1.5" and it still is effortless to launch. It takes a slight feeling out process to get the timing down compared to blue / TR Blue but once you do the ball speed is pretty impressive from the subtle kick through impact.

For your 7w I would recommend maybe looking at TR Blue for that spot. I know the goal of a 7w is for a higher launch and softer landing but I fear the TR Red in a 7w might be way too high.

Thanks for the response! Interesting approach on the 7w! The current blue 7x I am playing right now is definitely soft for me haha! I definitely love the feel of the Blue TR in the driver. I've read that spin and height of the red TR are lower than the black TR even though the profile states otherwise. I am just torn on whether to go Driver Blue TR 6x 68g, 4W Red TR 7x 78g, 7W Red/Blue TR 8x 89.5g/88.5g, and 5H Blue HB 8x 86g or D Blue TR 6x 68g, 4W Red TR 8x 89.5g, 7W Red/Blue TR 8x 89.5g/88.5g, and 5H Blue HB 9x 94g. It's the final part of my bag that needs to be fixed! haha

Thanks for the response! Interesting approach on the 7w! The current blue 7x I am playing right now is definitely soft for me haha! I definitely love the feel of the Blue TR in the driver. I've read that spin and height of the red TR are lower than the black TR even though the profile states otherwise. I am just torn on whether to go Driver Blue TR 6x 68g, 4W Red TR 7x 78g, 7W Red/Blue TR 8x 89.5g/88.5g, and 5H Blue HB 8x 86g or D Blue TR 6x 68g, 4W Red TR 8x 89.5g, 7W Red/Blue TR 8x 89.5g/88.5g, and 5H Blue HB 9x 94g. It's the final part of my bag that needs to be fixed! haha
I did a "Try it then Buy it" through TaylorMade with a stealth 2+ and Ventus TR Red 6x tipped 1". It had good feel but still played softer in driver than TR Blue. I saw launch around 14* and spin around 2600 compared to 12* launch and 2300 spin with same driver head and Ventus TR Black 6x

For a 5h I feel like the Blue 80x would be too light. The 90x in blue seems to be a good sweet spot

But im right there with you. Top end of my bag is always a mystery. Mainly bc I dont play 7000 yards+ where I need a 3w. Even right now im lucky to hit the 5w once every 2 rounds. Typically the only time im using a 5w is off the tee and bc I havent used it in a while.

Hi all Velocore lovers.

I wonder, if my SS with the driver is around 95 - 100.
Is the Red TR gonna fit my speed?

Hi all Velocore lovers.

I wonder, if my SS with the driver is around 95 - 100.
Is the Red TR gonna fit my speed?
i don't think speed should be the focus when deciding between red or blue. there are some really fast guys who get fit into the red. it's a lot more about timing and feel. these are really expensive golf shafts, i wouldn't buy without trying first.

i don't think speed should be the focus when deciding between red or blue. there are some really fast guys who get fit into the red. it's a lot more about timing and feel. these are really expensive golf shafts, i wouldn't buy without trying first.
Thanks for the reply.

I hit the Blue TR in the Darkspeed and feelt hard to me.

I have the Red TR in my Darkspeed 3 wood the feel in that club is amazing.

Hey Guys, I just switched over to a ping G425 lst coming from a TSR3. The Ping has a Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70tx shadft that I feel is just a little too loose and spinny. Anyone playing a ventus shaft in the heavier Ping heads that could share their feedback. I was fit into a ventus black 7x a few years ago, but found it hard to turn over.
Looking for something that will help me keep the spin down and still work the ball both ways when required

Back