Fujikura Ventus TR

Like hearing that.
Without a doubt the easiest shaft I’ve ever hit in regards of consistency. I really found the middle of the face more repeatedly than anything I’ve ever tried

Without a doubt the easiest shaft I’ve ever hit in regards of consistency. I really found the middle of the face more repeatedly than anything I’ve ever tried

I love hearing this too. Im in the Black because the Blue always felt to loose to me. Considering my borderline SS of 100, this is #1 on my list to try. I need to get to CC to check this beauty out. Thanks for your great posts.

How does TR compare to PD?

As a huge fan of the Blue, who has dabbled in the Black, I cannot wait to try this out
You wont be disappointed

Whats a bit odd to me is how they talk about the butt section being a bit soft in the blue (OG) and then adding fancy material to help firm it up in the TR….
I mean, isn’t the Red already exactly that? Wouldn’t you basically just need to tip a red and boom, you have essentially a Blue TR?

Reactions: JB
How does TR compare to PD?
The PD is not stout at all but its more stiff throughout the shaft than TR in my opinion. I would put ventus black as stiffest, PD behind that, and Ventus TR very closely behind the PD

The PD is extremely smooth and very stable. The TR has a little tiny kick that PD is missing. I was able to generate more speed with the TR than PD

Whats a bit odd to me is how they talk about the butt section being a bit soft in the blue (OG) and then adding fancy material to help firm it up in the TR….
I mean, isn’t the Red already exactly that? Wouldn’t you basically just need to tip a red and boom, you have essentially a Blue TR?
Essentially I think thats what TXG tried doing a while ago with tipping the Red 2" ..... The Red is still softer in the mid section overall

What's interesting is the TR has lower torque than the black. I know not to put too much stock in torque ratings but I did personally feel like the head resisted twisting more in the TR than when I played Blue or Black

Imo you’re spot on. I think it is twofold, one it eliminates the stigma some have of playing the red, and two it gives them something new to push, which they need.

Essentially I think thats what TXG tried doing a while ago with tipping the Red 2" ..... The Red is still softer in the mid section overall

What's interesting is the TR has lower torque than the black. I know not to put too much stock in torque ratings but I did personally feel like the head resisted twisting more in the TR than when I played Blue or Black

I’d be very curious to see you try a Red, tipped like 1.5/2”…. Hey, it would look pretty sweet in your red faced stealth too! 😬

I’d be very curious to see you try a Red, tipped like 1.5/2”…. Hey, it would look pretty sweet in your red faced stealth too! 😬
Definitely crossed my mind when ordering the Stealth!!! I just didn't want to take a $250 gamble on tipping the Red and have it not work out

Definitely crossed my mind when ordering the Stealth!!! I just didn't want to take a $250 gamble on tipping the Red and have it not work out

Just messin. All good, I hope you absolutely love that TR! You numbers look great!

Last edited:
Lots of fitters getting their hands on these already. Really nice that has happened so quickly after the announcement of the shaft.

Ventus Red is stiffer in the handle, softer in the middle and softer in the tip than the TR. Tipping the Red would still not be the same as the new TR. While it may get you close to the tip section profile, you still have a softer mid section and the handle is stiffer in the Red still.

I noticed a lot of times the Blue would feel loose to my faster players but the Black was too harsh/stout for them. I think there was a bigger gap between Blue and Black then there was between Red and Blue.

Ventus Red is stiffer in the handle, softer in the middle and softer in the tip than the TR. Tipping the Red would still not be the same as the new TR. While it may get you close to the tip section profile, you still have a softer mid section and the handle is stiffer in the Red still.

I noticed a lot of times the Blue would feel loose to my faster players but the Black was too harsh/stout for them. I think there was a bigger gap between Blue and Black then there was between Red and Blue.

I'd be curious to see someone compare a tipped Red to the Blue TR. I get you are saying they are different technically, but will the results pan out in the data/feels?
My guess is the red would feel better and maybe only launch a scoche higher.

Great to have a new option though, no doubt.

My experience with the Blue (OG) 6x is a bit of love and hate. When my tempo is good, it is super long for me. But if I get quick in transition, she doesn't treat me nicely.

I'd be curious to see someone compare a tipped Red to the Blue TR. I get you are saying they are different technically, but will the results pan out in the data/feels?
My guess is the red would feel better and maybe only launch a scoche higher.

Great to have a new option though, no doubt.

Feel will be subjective, so it won't be conclusive. And how much you have to tip the Red will vary quite a bit depending on the golfers swing/tempo/dynamics. It would require a lot of shafts/time/data to prove a tipped Red and a TR are that similar. Launch conditions don't always work out the way the shaft companies market for. High launching shafts don't always launch higher for everyone.

Again, tipping the Red only brings it closer in one section of the shaft. You still have a stiffer handle and softer mid section in the Red. They just aren't as similar.

This description fits me 100% accurately comparing blue to black

This description fits me 100% accurately comparing blue to black

I haven't got my TR's yet. Hoping to see them this week or early next week. I have high hopes for the feel of this shaft. I will get some of my testers to come in a give it a run as well.

I haven't got my TR's yet. Hoping to see them this week or early next week. I have high hopes for the feel of this shaft. I will get some of my testers to come in a give it a run as well.
I remember when you tested black vs blue vs blue tip 1" I believe. I'll say TR firmly fits between blue and black in terms of stiffness but still has the smallest kick at impact. I'm 112 - 115 and we went straight in no tipping. Did not feel like I would lose anything wild like I did with blue if I transitioned too quick

Whether it was the Stealth or this shaft, I recorded my highest average ball speed yesterday. Effortless and easy speed

Has anyone tried a Ventus Black 5 X?

I’m curious as to how it would play.

I remember when you tested black vs blue vs blue tip 1" I believe. I'll say TR firmly fits between blue and black in terms of stiffness but still has the smallest kick at impact. I'm 112 - 115 and we went straight in no tipping. Did not feel like I would lose anything wild like I did with blue if I transitioned too quick

Whether it was the Stealth or this shaft, I recorded my highest average ball speed yesterday. Effortless and easy speed

You're actually probably noticing the feel in the handle section of the TR over the Black/Blue. TR is stiffer in the handle than the Blue but softer in the handle than the Black while remaining pretty similar throughout the rest of the shaft.

Their results with Ryan are whatever anyone wants to take from them, but personally I LOVED what Ian was saying at somewhere around 13:00 or so about wanting to put Ryan in a HIGHER lofted head. I know we all love little tweaks that improve outcomes with however we're currently swinging it, but from putter to driver I've had 'what will be good for me in the end' thoughts determine some equipment choices too and it's been extremely valuable for me over the long term when it comes to my swing.

Their results with Ryan are whatever anyone wants to take from them, but personally I LOVED what Ian was saying at somewhere around 13:00 or so about wanting to put Ryan in a HIGHER lofted head. I know we all love little tweaks that improve outcomes with however we're currently swinging it, but from putter to driver I've had 'what will be good for me in the end' thoughts determine some equipment choices too and it's been extremely valuable for me over the long term when it comes to my swing.

I dont get why they had RB use a new to him club too…. The focus is the shaft, not the new stealth. Would have been interesting if they did this with his gamer driver.

Back